Can you scientifically explain why the world seems like such a dark and lonely place after some point in your mid-20s?

Can you scientifically explain why the world seems like such a dark and lonely place after some point in your mid-20s?
It's so fucking sad, the only thing to do is get in a long-term relationship and marry.
That feels like accepting death. Is it over already? I though I had more time.

Pure science and math right there bro...

So that's exactly what I'm asking for.
Humans are machines optimized for certain tasks, explaining how this machine works is 100% science.

Mid-midlife crisis, it's alright user, nothing ever had any purpose or value, around that age you just have exhausted everything that could have given you dopamine/serotinin to endure life.

You will now adapt to way lesser doses of these hormones, until the point when you can walk along the shore and actually enjoy it in a non depressing way.

>mid 20s
>mid-life crisis
what

>this explanation is scientific because I through in the words "dopamine" and "serotonin" xd

life will never be sweet like it used to be

Why do you think mankind created alcohol? It's sure as fuck not because life is awesome.

Just drink to pass the time until you can shimmy off those mortal coils and the sweet embrace of death arrives

>Is it over already? I though I had more time.

No. Fight aging. Donate to SENS.

Rage against the dying light.

It's just your mind fucking with you. Go work for your dreams.

>Mid-midlife crisis
Learn to read.

mid-life is actually 30-something's

>Can you scientifically explain why the world seems like such a dark and lonely place

Because the world is such a dark and lonely place. I know because I spend all my free time to shitpost on Veeky Forums.

You mean thirdlife crisis more like

this guy has all the answers you need

the biological purpose of a human male is finding a mate, reproducing, and being able to provide for said offspring. if you are not even remotely close to any of these then of course you'll be depressed

I really like how Veeky Forums threads are essentially threads that appear on any other board differing only with usage of word "scientifically"

That's actually a very valid point.

The world is a bloodbath. That's all it is. We happen to live in a bubble, which might pop within our lifetimes.

People have children because they think that maybe the next generation won't lost their spark.

THERE IS NO "SPARK". THERE IS ONLY THE TIME BEFORE YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORLD.

Except that it isn't because it isn't a purpose-as-such, because there isn't a god. It is literally just a bunch of stuff that happened, and the dumbness of that phrase exactly encapsulates the meaning of it all, which is void.

That animals feel obliged/motivated to do something owing to evolution, or whatever you would like to call it, is not the same thing as an intrinsic value. To confuse the two is a philosophical mistake.

I have come back round to a philosophical concept which I want to investigate whether it has been investigated in a properly philosophical context, and if so, then to what extent. It's a pretty common-sense notion to edgy types, and I'm sure that it has occurred to most adults at some point in their lives, in some extent. But society trains us to reject the idea, and in my view, from the point of view of a search for truth above all else, this rejection is false.

Here is what I want to call my thing. I want to call my thing, "the delusion of the productive adult." The productive adult lives longer, perhaps, is happer, perhaps, and has a community. And so what. Everyone will still be dead within a few decades on the outside, there is still no god, and there still remain no legitimate, immanent reason to believe in one apart from the above impulse to socialize. But socialization itself is a lie insofar as it pries one away from the truth, however unpleasant, which is the godlessness and purposelessness of the world. to particiapte in society is to drink of the lie, which may be pleasant and is therefore not to be condemned outright, but it is always to be suspect.

You dont have a mate and children like you're biologically programmed to want

My cat has never reproduced and she doesn't seem depressed.

I took a strong dose of lsd and ive never felt better try psychedelics be a man, face your demons and your worries before they end you in ruin