youtube.com/watch?v=6KMGcOYHSs0
youtube.com/watch?v=wmNeAUsMfas
youtube.com/watch?v=R8MzHqkNBwo
youtube.com/watch?v=9qvglWAHDak
youtube.com/watch?v=P2K7D-uMH2g
youtube.com/watch?v=9eqyir5JGpA
youtube.com/watch?v=ignb6GebjHs
youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w
youtube.com/watch?v=J_36x1_LKgg&list=PLQkcctH0XWynG-_-M2S3WhadHTcVpeca-&index=57
youtube.com/watch?v=wWxX-kf-2MI)
youtube.com/watch?v=6U2mO2Yspsc
youtube.com/watch?v=XA3Mgir8k6M
youtube.com/watch?v=kdug-waBRLo
youtube.com/watch?v=RED0bk7wtKc
youtube.com/watch?v=83GpuL_wUq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anything lyric-heavy or too beat-heavy trends to distract me and makes me lose focus
Pic related is nice and ambient

Ill start i guess
youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c

anyone else listen to jazz and ASMR while reading?

youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

This has relaxing instrumentals
Can anyone recommend some classical?

youtube.com/watch?v=eyU3bRy2x44 play this full volume

youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw have this softly going in the background

how the fuck do you guys do it, i always get distracted

try vaporwave. Muzak was mixed to be background music. Since vaporwave producers are mostly shit, the dynamic range gets cut down even more and nothing jumps out to distract you.

Orca Symphony No.1

youtu.be/f8rlKAsBOKA?t=492

have this playing in the backround and you're good to go

chopin youtube.com/watch?v=KmzFDEu2RoA

satie youtube.com/watch?v=DR2DbU5Uq-4

tiersen youtube.com/watch?v=22hEbOyWr3U

rachmaninoff youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w

beethoven youtube.com/watch?v=6KMGcOYHSs0

youtube.com/watch?v=wmNeAUsMfas

Most overrrated Radiohead album.

you can go die now

Don Giovanni is a good read.

Anything by Brian Eno

Overrated or not it's the best to read to

ludovico einadi youtube.com/watch?v=R8MzHqkNBwo
youtube.com/watch?v=9qvglWAHDak
youtube.com/watch?v=P2K7D-uMH2g

greg maroney
youtube.com/watch?v=9eqyir5JGpA

this random dude who does piano covers of metal songs
youtube.com/watch?v=ignb6GebjHs

chopin
youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w

ravel
youtube.com/watch?v=J_36x1_LKgg&list=PLQkcctH0XWynG-_-M2S3WhadHTcVpeca-&index=57

wtf is this
is like something you would se on tim and eric

Reich; Glass; occassionally jazz (the hearty staples of Coltrane and Davis); and, when all else fails, strictly classical.

None. Or Markos Vamvrakis.

jazz, minimalism, ambient music, drone, bach

>chopin
kek

Naw that goes to Amnesiac or the Bends. Both have great songs, neither holds together well as an album

I like deathcore

how old are you? 17?

Everybody Digs Bill Evans is my favorite jazz album to listen while reading.

Maybe try Endtroducing...... by DJ Shadow if you like Special Herbs.

For classical I like to listen to some piano when reading.
Something like Brahms Intermezzi (I like Glenn Gould) or Chopin Nocturnes (I usually go with Rubinstein here but there's a lot of good recordings) does it for me.

If you can stand something noisier you can even go with Beethoven piano concertos (Fleisher and Szell 1959 being a personal favorite) or Mahler symphonies (try the ninth by Bernstein with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, 1971 youtube.com/watch?v=wWxX-kf-2MI)

Not anything. Try reading while Taking Tiger Mountain plays.

Endtrpducing... is a good one that I should've mentioned
Any other good trip hop albums you could recommend?

Most definitely this

youtube.com/watch?v=6U2mO2Yspsc

This
youtube.com/watch?v=XA3Mgir8k6M

This and the album in general :
youtube.com/watch?v=kdug-waBRLo
youtube.com/watch?v=RED0bk7wtKc

Off the top of my head
Will post more if I can think of any

>classical
No
Fuck you
Treating classical as background music is an insult to the artists' genius. Do you treat Shakespeare as background reading or Tarkovsky as background watching? No? Then don't treat classical music like that either. I know I'm triggered but I don't even care.

Great choices. I used to always put on Night Falls On Hoboken when I was reaching the end of a book because it suited the melancholy atmosphere so well

For that melancholy feel, I'd recommend this album from Mogwai

youtube.com/watch?v=83GpuL_wUq4

I once read a somewhat shitty book with this album on repeat, really stuck with me and made he experience much more enjoyable

This.

Video game ambient music is good like some RPG game's wondering music or whatever. All other music have structures wherein build-ups, culminations and descent occur which will not align with your reading.

Not that I can think of right now my friend. Most of the things I can remember are complete trash tier or not suited for reading.
This is if you are talking about instrumental hip-hop of course. If we're talking trip-hop, I can only say that it's a shit genre. Most of the bands that get that label suffer for being repetitive without talent, and that can only derive in dullness. Same thing happen with most of the post-rock some kids around here like to listen to.

Funnily enough, I love that album too! Haven't tried listening to it with a book though - I'll try that next time I read.

This thread is disgusting.

You should not listen to anything while reading.

Ban all of these /mu/ poster plebeians.

The pinnacle of poor taste: Video game ambient music is good like some RPG game's wondering music or whatever -

Kek, the fuck are you gonna do about it?

I'ma listen to some Radiohead and read some James fucking Joyce. Who's the pleb now?

This lmao. I don't get why some plebs are so anti-/mu/. I listen to patrish music (who /young-thugga here?) while reading patrish literature (reading American Psycho right now, dubs memes aside it's fucking great). I get the best of both worlds at once.

Just stop, buddy. You're not, not ever, will be patrician. Just stop.

Did he claim to be?

Or are you just insulting him to protect your harmed ego?

the idea of listening to music when reading bothers my autism for two reasons:

1. you're not concentrating enough on the music, turning it into wallpaper. this is most offensive when it's extremely sophisticated and engaging classical music that plebs think is just relaxing muzak to have on in the background
2. you're colouring the book with a mood that isn't intended by the author, turning it into something else.

This

you know they're listening to babby's first jazz too

It's implied by his contrarian, condescending approach to music, you little fucker.

Nice b8 m8.

Calm down there, buddy boy. Don't try and ram your fedora down other people's throats.

I feel like music could help keep concentration and engagement with the text, but then the mood of the music could pollute the text.
There might be a good trade off, but the risk is too high. Unfortunately, I can't read with music on.

>Tarkovsky
your pleb nature is showing
the entire post is embarassing, really

>classical music
What distinguishes actual classical music from movie scores are all the elements of it that are there to make it engaging for a crowd that paid money to do nothing but listen to it.

7/10

Research shows that reading while liste ing to music will always decrease reading comprehension

I listen to Anton Bruckner.

this post is embarrassing. Why can't you listen to classical music in the background sometimes and then listen to it properly other times? Why must it be one or the other at all times?

>caring about the intentions of the author
pleb

i just want to have an authentic aesthetic experience and perceive another human through their art is that so wrong