According to the MSDS of water ( ), the LD50 is 90ml/kg

According to the MSDS of water ( sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927321 ), the LD50 is 90ml/kg

So for 190lb==86kg men, 1.9 gallons of water will kill half of them?

I call bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules-radio-station-jennifer-strange-water-drinking/story?id=8970712
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/
articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/14/local/me-water14
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wood_(born_1980)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well I just noticed it said RAT

Another reason to ignore LD50s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

It is absolutely true. But they mean all 2 gallons all at once, not over one hour, a few hours or a whole day. Your body can only process/filter about 1/4 a gallon an hour.

I've literally drank more than 2 gallons of water before. I don't think my body is exceptional. This is obviously bullshit and no one has ever called it out.

> mean all 2 gallons all at once
LD stands for "Lethal Dose". LD50 is the amount of a material, given all at once, which causes the death of 50% (one half) of a group of test animals. The LD50 is one way to measure the short-term poisoning potential (acute toxicity) of a material.

>I've literally drank more than 2 gallons of water before
not all at once you haven't, you're ignorant.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
I remember hearing on the news when this lady died-
abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules-radio-station-jennifer-strange-water-drinking/story?id=8970712

The story says she drank "almost two gallons of water in over three hours".

>not all at once you haven't, you're ignorant.

yes I have, and I've seen athletes drink even more, also in one sitting (< 30 minutes).

You drank more than 7.5 liters of water at once? Possible, but I don't believe you.

It isn't possible, you would die and not live to tell the tail. OP is either baiting, or can't recognize volumes accurately by sight.

Idk about y'all but i trust experts and legitimate anecdotes over some user have a 'feeling'

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/

articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/14/local/me-water14

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wood_(born_1980)

For what reason would there be a conspiracy?

>I call bullshit
why dont you try it then? for science.

>For what reason would there be a conspiracy?

Many reasons, water conservation, keeping the poor and ignorant from maintaining optimal health, justifying providing less clean water to areas the ruling party doesn't approve of

you're a fucking idiot, kid
also
>I've literally drank
>I have drank
>literally

please kill yourself i mean please drink 2 gallons of water as fast as you can stud

Entirely true. I've overconsumed water (in the form of extremely dilute tea), I became nauseous, my vision got dark, and I felt dim and disoriented.

I'd drank nowhere near 1.9 gallons (though I'm only ~126 lbs), but it was enough kettles of tea and quickly enough to have a noticeable effect and overwhelm the kidneys and electrolyte balance.

>I'm only ~126 lbs

L O N D O N

I'm male.

Might have been too much caffeine

Unlikely, I'd only been putting one tea bag in per kettle (the leaving it in and adding another next batch). I eventually measured out the kettle and it was, I think I recall, at least 60 fluid ounces.

I see, you must be right about the water then. How quickly did you start to feel the effects? Was it getting worse for a few cups, or did it just hit you all at once?

It was a gradual process, but not a linear one. The dose response curve became steeper with dosage.

I was used to my health and capacity for basic cognition being erratic and subpar in that period of my life (especially after eating), so it wasn't really apparent that there was something uniquely awry until I was at least 4 kettles in. Before that I partly didn't notice, and figured it was just more ambiguous shitty feeling bullshit getting in the way of doing anything I wanted to get done. Probably not a good representative case as far as perceptual aspects, and the process, in that sense.

Prove it wrong then, drink a "lethal" dose of water on stream and see what happens.

>MSDS
>chemists and toxicologists
>I know better

i do though, im a physicist
chemistry is applied physics

>I've literally drank more than 2 gallons of water before. I don't think my body is exceptional. This is obviously bullshit and no one has ever called it out.
that's because you're 300lbs fat piece of lard shit. so of course your body can handle 2 gallons.