Anyone else hate LaTeX hear?

Anyone else hate LaTeX hear?

>shit magically doesn't work and you go on a stackexchange goosehunt to find out why
>there are 70 packages that do one thing and you remember one time someone told you to never use one and you can't remember which
>ugly as shit and takes conscious effort to find out where the spot that contains your typo is amongst a see of slashes and brackets

The thing I hate the most is, unlike programming languages, there's no "learning LaTeX". It takes about an hour of reading to understand the syntax, from then on, "learning LaTeX" becomes "learning the tabular package" or "learning the amsmath package"--it's just a shitshow of learning the ins and outs of popular packages that never ends.

Speaking of typos I mean *here

Just search on Google what you need. You don't have to become a LaTex autist.

[math] i \space like \space it [/math]

What I hate most is that it doesn't display properly on my phone...

Yeah nah that test is bullshit.
Pure clickbait that gives you a high score so you will spread it.

I just downloaded a LaTeX distribution to see what the big fuss is about

hooooooooooly fucking shit it's so fucking bad. Why don't people just fucking use Word and some fancy fonts or some shit? What the fuck is so special about writing MARKUP CODE to create fucking DOCUMENTS LOLLLLLLLLLL

I just use the Word or Maple equation templates and copy paste if needed. I haven't had to do anything to crazy though.

I agree that actually "learning latex" seems like an incredible waste of time.

Getting the same result with Office/OpenOffice is possible but requres actually way more effort.

>implying

What are you retarded OP? LaTeX is pretty simple for basic stuff. If you ever have trouble most if not all of them can be googled and fixed in like 2 minutes. You have no idea how much of a pain Word is when doing a real research paper or doing citations, cross referencing with other people, modifying your equations so it doesn't look like shit, and a whole bunch of things

What are you guys freaking out about. LaTeX is great. Look up what you need. There are numerous YouTube videos as well. It's not that hard desu.

Daily reminder that PostScript is comfy.

Use firefox

>spending 10 minutes typing out the step by step solution to an algebra problem
No thanks. I'll look elsewhere

I find latex to be comfy. You dont really have to worry about formatting and with a simple google you get everything like you want it. With word on the other hand i go crazy on the regular because one minor change here fucks everything up there.

here
what the fuck the French test is way harder

>Use word to write paper
>Need to add in a new citation early on in the text
>Have to manually change all the references in the rest of the paper

Word is for office memos though

You can actually do that kind of referencing in Word but BOY is it unwieldy as fuck.

I'm sure you can but even if it wasn't unwieldy, it's not the default and probably requires navigating some maze of toolbars to activate.

The LaTeX mission statement is totally on point with stuff like this, it deals with all that admin bullshit for me so I can just concentrate on the content of my writing.

Figures are a whole different kettle of fish though.

>Figures are a whole different kettle of fish though.
Yeah that really is a weak point of LaTeX as it stands. Maybe there's some miracle package I don't know about, but I always spend way more time trying to arrange figures than I should.

I'm not even a native speaker, I've just learned english in school. I think this test might be slightly borked.

Yeah this test is way too easy. I'm Goethe now.

Why do i suck so much

>52.37% of the population has a smaller vocabulary size than a 10-year-old

that feel when only a 29450 brainlet

by teh way dudes, which would you say is the antonym of the following?
The antonym of compensate is:
underpay
coordinate
extortion
hooking

I clicked extortion because trying to take money awya from someone with a threat is the opposite of paying them but then underpaying them seems like it could be an antonym as well. I guess it is less of an antonym

Yeah I'd go with extortion too.

compensate is a verb.
extortion is a noun.

I'm not sure if antonyms are supposed to be different types of words entirely. I thought the antonym to a verb is always a verb, of an adjective another adjective and so forth.

>Your total vocabulary size is estimated to be:
>9,190 words

How do I improve desu?

So much this. Even basic commutative diagrams are tough, and for string diagrams the only package is meh in my opinion. I would prefer a decent program for making high-quality and well-aligned diagrams and then just import the images, without the unnecessary frills in every art program ever (not that they were designed for it, but that is my point).

steal

a

KISS

Read more books. Doesn't matter what genre.

LaTeX is a piece of shit, but it's the best we have so far.

>realizes the only book I've ever read in English was Art of Assembly
Alright, that may be my problem. Thanks user.

>hear
Christ, at least learn English before you try using it. Fuck.
>takes about an hour of reading to understand the syntax
>it's just a shitshow of learning the ins and outs of popular packages
If your fucking brain worked properly it would be easy to use.