Will aging be cured before I die?

Will aging be cured before I die?

It can be arranged that it won't

>Before I die?
So around 2080? Maybe? If it happens, it happens. Enjoy eternity if you can afford it.

>Cured
What do you mean? Will ageing be reversed? Will it be slowed/medically controlled? All maybes.

3 years ago mice had their age reversed, but they got cancer and bunch of tumors. If that's any hope for you.

We are very close to it but it would expensive as fuck

Save some money for it

Surely such tech falls significantly in price over time unless it requires huge amounts of energy or rare non-synthesable materials

No, it would actually raise in price just like gold but it would rise thousands of dollars per day

Why would you want to give inmortality to everyone?

Because capitalism

partial cure within 30 years total reversal within 70-100. if you're under 40 unless you're extremely unlucky you will see the year 2500.

>transfusion from young donor revitalizes the old
MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

Realistically tho I'm waiting for them to isolate what's in young blood that makes it better and using CRISPR to splice it into bacteria so they can pump it out like a factory. Hell you could grow it in your own home or even have a small implant with the modified bacteria living inside continuously pumping you full of medicine.

Wouldn't a partial cure speed up a total reversal by half time or 1.5x?

>like gold
Its a technology not a resource dumbass

Phones have gone down in price and virtualy every technology does in order to stay competative, unless one company holds a monopoly.

Any major breakthrough should at least modify heavily our DNA.
So it's only for people who haven't born yet.

if it's as easy as cleaning out metabolic junk then the timelines are more optimistic. if we have to go in and reverse all the epigenetic alterations to see a real impact on aging then it will probably take longer. we just don't know quite yet.

Depends on which country. China is into DNA modifying babies. There's more money to be made by fixing up adult humans. After all babies don't have any money. US would be more interested in that.
How about viral gene therapy? It's already being used to treat Parkinson's

Nope. Announce is scheduled for a day after your funeral.

spice control

>biasing your time estimate so worthless millennials can make it

Immortality means more time to not find a job and play shitty old 80s console games, right, user?

biological immortality is too complicated

even if you can treate DNA damage of aging. you'll have to constantly treat for cancers and other illnesses.

becoming a machine is much more stable. body parts can be mass produced. your mind can be transferred around. you can sit in a server forever if needed.

Op if your so spooked about it become a scientist stop being a faggot and take your fate into your own hands

like me

>your mind can be transferred around. you can sit in a server forever if needed.
yeah, no

you can't really replace the aging biological brain which is why biological immortality is the only way

if there would be an affordable pill that makes you young again we would probably all start to starve to death in a few generations.

we can already wire robotic limbs to human brains. transmitting motion controls and the sense of touch.

it is only a matter of time before we can turn your entire mind into quantum computer data.

>if you're under 40 unless you're extremely unlucky you will see the year 2500.

Pls tell me people don't unironically believe this. Wew.

i absolutely believe it

not him, but that's retarded

even if we somehow achieve partial negligible senescence in humans in our lifetime, you will probably die from some disease after your first century of life (or earlier)

achieving negligible senescence is about giving ourselves hope for the future and the comfort of not having a timer on your life ticking away possible experiences that you could potentially obtain if you remain young.

muh immortality was never about actually living to be lots of centuries long, that's unrealistic and very unlikely

the point is to not die from disease user

>You will probably die from some disease
Chance of dying for a person sits at 0.000...1%..

Do you think immortality cures cancer? It doesn't.

Consider what your chances are of dying from cancer as time goes by since you won't be dying from some old-age related disease (that's an assumption too, not necessarily realistic).

Where do people get their optimism from? We seem to be pretty clueless about so many things so unless we are at the start of an exponential improvement of technology I don't see this happening anytime soon.

>Where do people get their optimism from?
Same place people get faith, ideas, and etc. From the mind you dumb ass.

Get the fuck out not knowing this shit.

Probably not. Then again google is working on it so maybe.
It would probably require something analogous to sci-fi nanites to make it work though. I mean you've got to repair all the damage that DNA accumulates over the years or you'll eventually die for certain.

No. And even if it would be. You wouldn't be able to afford it.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

>Immortality means more time to not find a job and play shitty old 80s console games, right, user?

Don't worry. Your lifestyle related diseases will have killed you long before we have any effective longevity treatments.

>partial cure within 30 years total reversal within 70-100. if you're under 40 unless you're extremely unlucky you will see the year 2500.

Riiiiiiiiiight

good argument. i have never seen that comic before.

No. It will be withheld until the day after.

I know this reference!

>Change = Immortality in that comic.
>They never described what is Change
>Implying Change on any level literally didn't happen in that comic. (Person aged did they not? That's change)
>Not even telling us about the world those individuals in the comic lived in.

Everyone will be able to afford cause they can just get a 2000 year loan lol.

>You want to live another century and be young?
>Sign this life loan.
>You fuck up we collect your life insurance and not your family.

Cured? Not without some heavy changes to our genetic code. Or just going full cyborg.

What does look like a plausible option is one of constant maintenance.

Using the latter we can extend our lives until the first comes possible.

>cured
Aging is a cure.

You know, I could see some form of immortality coming into existence within the next fifteen years using stem cell organ replacement. Whenever a major organ needs replaced, you contact your local organ grower and place your order. A few months later you go in for the surgery and wake up to find a healthy new liver with a biological age comparable to that of an infant. Combined with suspended animation procedures that are already close to seeing the light of day, and virtually any surgery should be survivable. Pretty much anything besides the brain should be able to be replaced, so the only problem left is how to rejuvenate aging brain tissue. Now I could see maybe small portions of the brain being replaced using surgical methods, but that leaves the issue of totally erasing whatever information that part of the brain had previously stored. Obviously waking up and having no idea who the fuck you are because your just had your hippocampus removed wouldn't be good. Perhaps injecting healthy neurons directly into the brain would be a solution, but would probably be costly and require many sessions for any significant portion of your dying brain cells to be replaced. Then again, I'm pretty sure the brain already creates new neurons every day in certain areas, so maybe if we understood this mechanism we could use genetic modification to greatly increase the speed and scope of this natural process.

Kurzweil said we would and I believe him.

Aging
>Cured

But death is part of life, user.

Shut the fuck up hippie

To make an alteration in the evolvement of an organic life system is fatal. A coding sequence cannot be revised once it's been established.

Cells aren't perfect, and replication of a Carbon Ship of Theseus.

Or you could say life is inseparable from death, both being states of existence?

donate to SENS, it's literally the only thing you brainlets can do (doubt any of you can do research on this)

How boring must one's life be to post this kind of messages everyday?

But DNA is not everything isnt it? Some changes, that brakes your body, are just mechanical. How you fix, for example, a deformed eye?

All diseases are curable once we find what couses them. If we can alter human body and genome so we stop aging, do you really belive we wont be able to cure diseases?

No.
Ageing will never be cured. We will all die someday, regardless of the technology available.
We (under 30) might get to live a long shitty life until neurodegenerative diseases and normal ageing turn you into a vegetable, your bank account runs dry and someone pulls the cord.
Nobody is going to get younger though.

are scientists even pursuing a cure? or like why do transhumanist people always act like death/aging are on the fringe? just to feel like rebels?

>are scientists even pursuing a cure?
Some certainly do, but the vast majority of people just accept the fact that life is finite and ugly by the time they're 40 anyway.

Even if you could live forever, what would be the point anyway? Are you going to reproduce again? More monkeys? What?

Death is the cure. Even if you were immortal you would eventually go insane.

>Even if you could live forever, what would be the point anyway? Are you going to reproduce again? More monkeys? What?
>Death is the cure. Even if you were immortal you would eventually go insane.

either way we should be pursuing a cure. then let people decide for themselves if and when they're sick of life.

plus right now you only get like 20 to maybe 30 years of youth depending on your genes, and then maybe 50 years of aging and suffering your way to the grave. you wouldn't trade this for say 100 straight years of youth? you're always free to kill yourself if it gets boring.

the point would be to not die

Yes, although there is no consensus on aging being a disease.
They would say that they merely are searching ways on "slowing aging", still it's a field that is getting more and more funds as first world countries populations get older and older.

Look at Calico for instance

why should people have a choice?
why should they even exist in the first place?
humanity is a stupid animal colony, you are also a stupid monkey.
There's nothing to do here.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

I'm closer to 30 than 17

Not with human memory as shit as it is

this, you will slowly change personality and forget old things and eventually you'll be a different person.
I guess it's better than dying though.

oh,shit 24year old detected
tell us about the wisdom you collected with all of your life experience, kek

im just 21 yo and i feel like ive already changed many times throughout my life and it always was change for the better
if it would work in similar fashion throughout my to be infinite lifespan i can see myself becoming some sort of a sage :^)

It would be extremely painful.

They wouldn't give it to you even if they had it. Overpopulation is a bitch.

>:^)
I hope your next iteration is less of a faggot

looks like you got your wish early.

fuck off, Pete

even if ageing was cured, people would probably commit suicide before the 250yo mark.

>he doesn't want lo live in a catgirls fucking simulation for millenias

Nope! They'll wait until the day after you die to present the cure, which already exists.

all of the intelligent people would eventually kill themselves, leaving only the retards to live in blissful ignorance for the rest of eternity

And?

better than what we have now desu. most people die before the 70 year mark

I've heard about this but nobody has said what the eventual cause of death in these mice is.

Seems like a good time to put it on the market.

*Gives people an over-hyped product..
"Oh dear, turns out you need this medication for the rest of your life... swear we didn't know better"

their heart stops. aging is multiple cause so just one factor isn't going to do the trick

Alzheimer's

People who don't abuse their body can have good hearts for quite a long time. As in, autopsies and learning dissections routinely get hearts from 80 year olds that could easily be from a 20 year old.

It's different. Now you're still adjusting to this life.
As time passes you will adapt to new experiences but most likely forget old ones. You will adapt to new circumstances but you will never become some kind of super-sage, your capacity is limited.

Probably the young blood carries hormones and/or signaling chemicals that promote growth.

That's really nice until you get a Glioma because of your stupidly old brain that's pushed to it's limits.
Although it might be worth it, it's not a permanent solution. It's terribly disappointing that there might not be a solution.

Star Trek characters might be immortal.

explain pic related

nice job faggot

No it will cured the day after you die xD

thats mean ;_;

If aging is cured, then the economic effects would be extremely undesirable for (((politicians))).
If your lifespan is indefinite, what's the purpose of working hard every day of your life for a job you hate because it's the way you can make the most money in your lifespan?
Once you own a house, your minimum spending while still living comfortably plummets dramatically.
If you worked an average of 10 hours a week, you'd be getting $200-600 if you held a decent job.
Even just $200 a week is plenty enough to live on if you're not buying lots of expensive things, I live on less than that and almost all of it goes into (((rent))) that I wouldn't be paying if I had a house.

Gravity is a rood dood

Yes but it would be extremely painful

How so?
The pain of age comes with bodily aging.

We already possess the technology. It just hasn't been released to the public because the "1337s" won't release their mental workout methods. Vampires exist, just not as one would expect.

Man I came into this thread expecting talk about cells,aging in humans and other species on earth such as jellyfish. Or results people received from tests against ageing.

But all I got was "Your gonna die." "Overpopulation" "You'll go insane and kill yourself." "You can't do anything against aging or cells." "Death is part of life.".

What fuck Veeky Forums?

>So it's only for people who haven't born yet.

>implying you can't edit the DNA of living creatures

Doctors are working on oncolytic viral vectors now

Also

CRISPR

4U