How much do you partake in drugs?

I'm a graduate student and it seems like the only way to balance the grueling work that occupies two thirds of my life is with alcohol, amphetamines, xanax and klonopin for the come down, ambien for sleep insomnia, and the occasional opiates/opioids to relax.

I don't smoke weed. I used to smoke as an undergrad and at parties, but i grew out of that by senior year.
At most, I smoke 1-2 times a year when my older brother in law who works as a teacher comes to visit.

I am getting my masters degree in biochemistry. Among me peers, going out for drinks seems to be a pretty common thing.

I often join them and it's a great way to decompress. I'm beginning to question whether I decompress in a different way.

At the same time, I am doing well and what i do has never presented a problem. In the back of my mind, I'd still like to ask them if they do these things also or if they'd want to join me instead of always heading out for drinks.

Please, do any of you have any advice or have gone through a similar situation?

I like to smoke weed and won't turn down a drink; having said that I definitely don't drink or do as many drugs as I did as an undergrad. I just don't have the time.

>I'd still like to ask them if they do these things also or if they'd want to join me instead of always heading out for drinks.

who knows, I understand your apprehension. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking the people that I study with if they wanted to come and get high with me. Seems like a way to get a quick reputation in the faculty and besides most are older than me and overwhelmingly south east asian.

>tfw don't know how to approach the qt3.14 geneticist I share a cell culture lab with.
I'm getting pretty good vibes from her but I can't think of anything I could ask her out for other than getting high. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even drink.

nothing; no alcohol, no weed, no tobacco, no opiates, nothing

So your advice is to be the wet blanket at all times, even when invited by phd's running the lab or people who are very accomplished and that I recognize are wiser and go as far as to mentor me?

You are attempting to be witty, however if I refuse to offer you the benefit of the doubt; you are rather uncouth. I cannot imagine a more disrespectful exchange, nor would you find anyone in agreement besides one or more cronies. If the world was just, and I am sure it isn't in relation to what you've discovered in your own life, that all you can do is to be the worst of the worst while making sure that everyone suffers as you

I try to smoke pot and drink as moderately as possible. Tend to drink a 6 pack every week or two. Pot is cool in moderation but it really fucks with my SSRIs and turns me into a schizoid I reckon. Kratom here and there. An opiate here and there. Use to take a few adderall and just stay up all night with my buddy talking about ideas and what not but can't stand feeling absolutely hopeless coming down. If someones straight edge that's cool more power to you. If you want to do drugs(alcohol is a drug) again more power to you but use it in moderation and have your shit in check s the best bet.

Grew out of smoking weed when I was a sophomore in highschool. Not to bag on anyone who does partake, I just don't receive a good high anymore. I get paranoia, anxiety, and restlessness, and if it's a body high I just feel like doing nothing. But I guess it affects everyone differently.

Drinks and blow are pretty much what I stick to now. And adderall, but I'm prescribed, so I don't really count that as a recreational drug.

The only bad part about blow is everything near campus is cut to shit, and they're still charging high quality prices for it because of the demand. Muh fucking wallet man.

Not him but what's your deal? Just because someone decides to be a teetotaler it's somehow super-offensive to you? I am a grad student and I drink and occasionally partake in amphetamines and benzos but if he doesn't want to that's his choice. Plenty of our professors don't drink either and nobody judges them for it, because that would be petty. Grow up!

>I can't think of anything I could ask her out
Just literally talk to her dude. There doesn't have to be a plan or an endgame. Just talk to her and ask her about her life, what she likes to do, etc. If it works out it'll work out.

Chen PhD student here. There's definitely a culture of alcohol use in our department. Cigarettes are surprisingly common as well. Hard drugs? That's an issue man. I would argue that all of these vices are, but hard drugs take you to a whole new level.

Genetics PhD student here

I drink about a 6pack every week and a half plus whatever I drink when going out with people.

I've also started taking modafinil occasionally.

Kek check out the insecure dicklet guys

Smoke weed ery day

Mathematician here, I drink on rare occasion, usually just with my girlfriend or at the elusive "party," and I take LSD once every month or two to get a change of perspective. Sometimes I smoke weed, but I don't enjoy it very much. I don't like the blank feeling.

This guy gets it

Plenty of people, intelligent successful people, get along just fine with no drugs at all or just recreational use of legal shit (alcohol, cigarettes, coffee etc).

It's OK to sometimes use prescription drugs, but you don't want to form a dependence on them. If you rely on it to get to sleep/stay awake/feel good, you might find yourself struggling to do those things without them. You're probably overly stressed and your anxiety is manifesting in drug use. It might not be entirely possible, but look at the reasons why you feel you need to do this stuff, and see if you can change it.

Yeah this is me but I drink a little too much than what is good for me. Can't stand weed any more, it makes me feel very dumb and lazy as opposed to LSD's spontaneous nervous energy. I've done DMT once too, which was a bit heavy. Haven't done anything big since.

Nothing's really wrong with LSD as long as you aren't prone to schizophrenia or anything, and as long as you don't take any of the thoughts you have too seriously

D U D E

U

D

E

W E E D

E

E

D

A Y Y

Y

Y

L M A O

M

A

O

Jesus Christ. What the hell went wrong in your life that someone simply telling you they don't do drugs makes you throw a hissy fit?

never, I don't pollute my brain with artificial happiness

You don't have to do drugs just because other people are doing them.

Get a hobby that doesn't involve intoxication.

I draw. I'm not even good at it, but my gf got me into it.

Meditation is also pretty fantastic, and no, it doesn't have to involve all the chakra shit, just deep breathing exercises. They have proven health benefits,

Oh yeah, also:

>Nicotine gum for getting projects done
>L-theanine + caffeine for going to class

>Mathematician here
what makes you a mathematician? do you do "research"?

i only do lsd, once a month, twice at the most, it's the only drug that doesn't make me feel like a dumb piece of shit or exhausted the next day

i'm trying to give up smoking and replace it with cardio and exercise, it's going pretty well so far but a cigarette a day probably isn't that bad

i've tried other drugs, lsd is really the only fun one for me and i do it privately, i'm not that much of a party person
>starting second year of med school

sounds like you need to manage your time better.

I'm in med school, and the workload is a fuck ton, but even then it's not that bad. Sounds like bad time management bh.

You're a little fag dude maybe take some anti-ghey pills

Yes, right now I am characterizing hyperbolic reduction conditions in terms of limits in the category of induced Lie groupoids associated to a foliation of a smooth manifold, which itself is induced by a differential equation. I'm a visiting scholar at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor this semester.

I'm also working on "entropic cohesion," assigning connected components of spaces to an entropy value (given by a morphism in an overtopos), and I have found that sufficient structure on the cohesion allows for differential cohesion to fall from the woodwork. This is suggestive that the curvature of spacetime may be related to entropy, which is part of the holographic principle.

My pasta-DAR is vibrating.

Alcohol 2x on the weekends. Klonopin to relax in class. Xanax to relax after isn't necessary. I hope by amphetamines you mean adderall. Cut out the opioids and replace with weed. Other than that you're good

>coke is too expensive
>Muh wallet
At this rate youre gonna switch to crack and drop out. Get to rehab if u cant quit

Stopped drinking alcohol about 3 months ago; best decision I've ever made anons.

lol you only need a coffee for staying awake weakling.
You're like the guys who start going to the gym and immediately fill their bodies with useless supplements and diets.