Is the GRE really this easy or is time really that big of a factor?

Is the GRE really this easy or is time really that big of a factor?

Other urls found in this thread:

kaptest.com/blog/grad-school-insider/2014/04/11/gre-sentence-equivalence-practice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's pretty easy.

from what ive studied thus far it honesty seems easier than the ACT

Am I on the right track?

Good the hear you're in good shape.

i mean youd get it right

I hope you can read this shit.

The GRE is a test taken by all graduate school applicants including English majors who haven't touched math in years. That being said, good luck on the Verbal section.

Augmenting seems okay.

not A
i have no clue what B means but it seems to be negative
C could work but i dont think so
D negative connotation
E dont know what it means
F seems to work in the context

F

>oh 2(two)

then f and C

>select TWO
See me after class.

>tfw scored in the 70th percentile on the math section but 90th percentile on the verbal and 99th on the essay section
still got into a phd program for EE but I guess I should have done philosophy instead

how much did you get funded

lol.

fucking stemlords

was is B and C

full ride

honestly the math section is pretty easy, what fucked me up was the mentality of "yeah the answer is obvious but let me work it out by hand just in case" which ended up costing me a lot of time. my advice is if you come across a question that you know the answer to right away just answer it and move on, saving precious time for the questions that actually need to be worked out

noted famalam, ill be taking it in a few weeks

>tfw been slow at calculating whole life
>tfw run out of time on both quantitative sections. Didn't get to 20% of the questions.
>tfw can't bank time from verbal

Wasn't really so bad desu

It's pretty easy. You don't actually have to be smart, you just have to memorize the form of questions and the tricks that go with each form.

I would have picked A, because it sounds like a fancy word for casting or "solidifying", which would be my fill in the blank answer

B and C
Didn't anyone here play Cossacks?
>Carry out field melioration +%200 to crop capacity.
That shit was cash.

Obviously choose augment. Video game reference? Fable.

C and F are the right answers.

kaptest.com/blog/grad-school-insider/2014/04/11/gre-sentence-equivalence-practice/

Do they allow calculators on the GRE or is it mental arithmetic only?

>inb4 hurr y do u need a calculator basic math XXDDDD
I don't, but calculators are always faster than doing mental long division

SEEI WAS RIGHT YOU FAG

You don't bring your own. There is a calculator that is provided electronically. It sucks and can't do much. There is no long division on the test I wrote.

What do grad schools value more: GRE scores or undergrad GPA?

They give you a calculator built into the test computer interface that is deliberately shit so you can only do basic operations. That way they test your ability to do as much in your head/on paper as possible.

Recommendation letters and research experience are the most important. GPA and GRE score are more used to weed out idiots, so as long as they are high enough they don't matter.

Time's really a big factor, loads of tricky questions. You won't get 90+ percentile.

Everyone can talk about how easy it is all they want, they probably won't exceed 160-162, if that tbqh.

What if I have great reccomendations, undergrad research, and GRE scores, but a 3.0 GPA from boredom with the material? Can I still get into a decent program?

Reaction time is g-loaded. Try being a hormone and approaching these.

i talked with my adviser the other day and she said 3.5-4.0 is the range and that they dont care where you fall in that range so long as youre there. so I would imagine if they see a 3.0 they wont even look at anything else.

I'm not exactly an expert though so dont take my word for it

Even if I'm first author on a couple of papers?

im not the one to ask, but i would imagine there are places that would reject you immediately and others that wont

I'm no american so I wonder, at what age do you guys take this ?

>it's another "wow americans are dumb" episode
Listen yuroshit. The main point of the GRE is to filter out retards from no name schools in Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan. A good score won't get you into schools, but a bad score will disqualify you. Because if you've got the grammar and vocabulary of a Pajeet or the math skills of an criminal justice major, then you don't belong in grad school. So to answer your question yuropoor, anywhere from 21 to 23 or whenever you're submitting your grad school applications.

ameliorating

>question made up by review book authors, not from real exam
Into the trash it goes.

It also happens to be the time period IQ is most genotyped. IQ has a lot of noise and variability prior to the end of puberty.

General GRE is ridiculously easy.

Subject-specific GRE starts easy, then kicks your ass.

>That being said, good luck on the Verbal section.
>implying you can't be a STEMlord and have a respectable command of the English language
nice meme

>no clue what B means