Computer science or electrical engineering?

computer science or electrical engineering?

Which degree is better if I'm looking to get into things like robotics, a.i., and making new technology?

I'm not really concerned about salary, I just want to get into the tech industry and develop things like smart phones and robots.

Other urls found in this thread:

ee.louisiana.edu/programs/undergraduate/critical-courses
informatics.louisiana.edu/sites/computing/files/advisingHandout2015.pdf
vik.bme.hu/document/831/original/EE__BSc_degree_program_mintatanterv_szakiranyokkal_20160617.pdf
inf.elte.hu/karunkrol/oktatas/tantervek/Tantervihalok/PTI_BSc_2012_F.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EE

or Comp Engineering

source on the pic

Not related to the thread per se but to the pic.
Is there a scientific reason why I want to succ her toes really hard?

Don't have a source, I saved the pic from /Int/. All I know is that she is Russian.

Depending on the school, you could do both.
If you have to pick one, choose whatever you're better at.

My personal opinion: I was an EE major then I became a math major and now I'm an IT student. I think EE would be better for robotics because when I worked at a papermill, the electricians fixed the industrial robots. In addition, as a CS student you'll learn a lot of programming languages that may not be useful for robotics. Also, I think it's easier to learn programming by yourself or with a book than math and engineering.

So I would say EE.

You also may want to consider computer hardware engineering.

Yep, you're a degenerate.

lol

me too famalam

not a footfag, but those feet really are divine

both good, depends on your inclination

I get to TA engineers, how would they react if i told them i'm an MBA bro?(i actually am)

^kek
>famalam

shit. Veeky Forums, you new kids really got some brilliant shit going

>8332008
honestly thought this was common lingo, could of sworn ive heard it on Veeky Forums before lol

>what is mechatronics

Is it easier to get a job with a degree in CE or EE rather than a degree in CS?

I look at job postings and it seems every CS job wants you to have 1-5 years of experience in a bunch of niche applications/development environments.

mechanics and electronics :)

>making new technology

lol gl with your life

A meme degree.

Maybe in the US.

(OP)
Go with EE. CS doesn't really deal with hardware. It's just the theory behind algorithms and programming. Technically it's the theory of computation = math. With EE you can actually design the hardware of smart phones. You can also work with various processors, shit you can make your own on a FPGA.

However if you want to be entirely on the software (AI, Machine Vision, etc.) side then CS. You can at max write programs for smart phones.
I think it's easier to go EE -> CS than vice versa.

just get the fucking double major. its like a 9 credit difference at most schools. you could bang that out over a summer.

It's an even bigger meme in Canada :^)

Holy shit. Is education in the US really that shit?

post your schools course list for EE and CS bitch. i bet you there isn't more than a 4 course difference for undergrad.

I'm in Europe though. Mechatronics is not that big of a meme here. You need to apply yourself a lot more though if you really wanna git gud with interdisciplinary stuff, but they quickly get jobs. MSc is recommended though.

Anyway they're from one view especially if they have appropriate specialization the robot people. Usually this means industrial robots.

Generally speaking with a good mechatronics degree they're the interdisciplinary people: washing machines, drone control, cars, elevators. They also make good systems engineers and interdisciplinary team leaders.

Everything today is a mechatronics system. There are entire courses where people here learn the modeling of cars from a mechatronics perspective. The ME might design the motor in your car but the mechatro guy will simply connect it as a module in a larger system.
Interdisciplinary at it's best. This means of course less courses from ME/EE department, but better signals and systems (and general systems theory) approach for everything. That's why an MSc is recommended and it's also the reason why you need to be good because interdisciplinary stuff is quite complex, but you get the same amount of time as anyone else.

Not him, but I'll take you up on that bet.
ee.louisiana.edu/programs/undergraduate/critical-courses
informatics.louisiana.edu/sites/computing/files/advisingHandout2015.pdf

Here is the EE degree from one of the good EE schools in my country:
vik.bme.hu/document/831/original/EE__BSc_degree_program_mintatanterv_szakiranyokkal_20160617.pdf

They don't have a CS program, only a CE one.
So here it is a CS program from an also reputable university. These are only the core courses. There are multiple specializations, but this is the only one I could find a readily made english translation easily.
inf.elte.hu/karunkrol/oktatas/tantervek/Tantervihalok/PTI_BSc_2012_F.pdf

I forgot to add, we got more specializations in our native language. This kind of stuff is basically for foreign students.

EE and CE is definitely closer at a good uni. However EE and CS is totally fucking different.

I know, because I'm doing CE with an aim for an EE MSc.

well color me BTFO

What is the evolutionary purpose behind attraction to girls with legs like hers, Veeky Forums?

electrical engineering

I've said this in my personal life to girls jokingly.
I've never seen it on Chan tho

You aren't going to be doing shit with AI with an EE degree. Then again, you aren't going to be doing shit with AI with an undergrad degree in CS, either.

> long toes

Shit taste

Study of mechs

Yeah i want those shits on my face

So true.

Anyone who ever had something of value to contribute never needed the 4-8 years of debt-mill filler to begin with.

NEET for life. Amirite er amirite?

Not formally enslaved, endebted or in training for the former?
Pride is dangerously blinding, for this status, can't go very wrong (till the dollar implodes (soon))