Suicide

Does anyone here plan on offing them self at some point in the indeterminate future?

If not, why?

No, everything sucks but I love reading too much. So much to read, so much to read.

No.
I can not be weary of this world without first having tried to conquer it.

Yeah. Solid chance I will succumb to some kind of mental disorder. Runs in my family. On principle, if I am in a permanent condition where my mind starts to go or I am so physically decrepit that I am unable to do anything, I don't want to be alive.

Why would I? Death can literally happen at any time or place without me doing anything.

I think on suicide every night. Maybe I will do it someday

I would prefer not to cheat God of his EXP

Reddit af

>af

Reddit as fuck.

How is this related to literature?

If I fall into mediocrity I will kill myself. This is not a matter of hopelessness, or disappointment. It is that I cannot bear the idea of being just another person. I could not suffer under the knowledge that my whole being was for nothing.

Seeing as I count nigh everything as "mediocre", I am very likely to kill myself.

I used to tell myself that by my early 30s I'd off myself if life wasn't good yet

Now I don't think I ever will though. Life will probably never be good but so what, can't let that hold me back from doing interesting things

But you are "just another person" to everyone else.

Even if you weren't mediocre.

Stalin was not just another person.

He sure was.

Are you telling me a Indonesian rice-farmer cared about Stalin in 1927?

>8332815
Many works of literature concern themselves with this topic.

There's a 99.99% chance you are just another person and will be soon forgotten

Yes. What is the most Veeky Forums way to commit suicide?

tfw attempted suicide twice (2 TIMES) and failed

first wasa drug overdose second I drove my car off a cliff down a mountain

forsome reason the devil wants me to continue suffering

>as fuck

Reddit af

No.

Because I have no desire to whatsoever.

Death is nothingness; you can't even conceptualize that with your constantly active mammal brain.

You think you know what death is; but you can't; you have no idea what death is so you can't ever really want it; just what it represents to you.

Idiot.

Explain this """attempted """" suicide meme. Surely if you actually wanted to kill yourself it wouldn't be that hard

You can still kill yourself afterwards though. Even Nietzsche says so.

>the devil
Why dont you shot your brains out? Im pretty sure that the devil will let you die :^)

Yes.
I have an eating disorder (125lbs atm, and working on it), I find sex disgusting and most people terrible, I am depressed, and I'm a fucking tranny. I made the mistake of telling people I wish I was born a girl and now I regret it.
I'm going to lay my head down on some railroad tracks probably.

Like Dazai

create a machine that inscribes the complete tax Infinite Jest onto your torso and back

Suicide was the first thought I had this morning and it dominated my thoughts all day

Its my birthday too

I would but it's to much work, I'd want to do something original like doing it front of toddlers to remind instill in them that life sucks

>I have no desire
>I still have the absurd desire to live

That's a nice fake depression you got there

Not really. It's more fun to live on to see how things change

Look at this guy

This. I´m gonna jump from a nice place when i get alzheimer.

Whine nonstop in obtuse prose until you die of thirst.

I was gonna, but I realized being high feels good, masturbating feels good. I kinda played it from there finding longer term shit that felt good and now I feel pretty good in general so naw

that torture machine from Kafka's penal colony

I think about it every single day. Isolation has gotten to me.

Reading has helped to stave off the inevitable, for the time being at least. I hold out in hope that I'll come across some book that contains the answers I'm looking for.

Different user here.
I tried to drown myself but a friend pulled me out of the water. Meme enough?

instead of planning on killing yourself in the future, why don't you just live dangerous and put yourself in position to die
(ex. driving in storms, walking late at night in the wrong neighborhood, eat unhealthily)
seems pretty patrician, at least the last one

eating unhealthy will make you fat and who wants to die fat

the other two have a chance of hurting someone else

You found that picture while looking up "nymphets", didn't you? I have the same one.

So I am making the right choice not to tell anyone, I think.

Not ever since I started affirming myself.

"Tried" it once. Ironically, I was on antidepressants at the time...

Nahm too curious to see what happens in the future. Maybe when I'm older though I won't really care about who the president is or if the mets will win and stuff like that though

Sometime we need to make it in a particular way that may end in failure. I wanted to kill myself but I thought that if I were a father that finds out that his son died, death by suicide would be the most soul-crushing death as I'd blame myself. So it had to look like an accident, or someone else's fault; I didn't want to make people unhappy, I only wanted to stop my unhappiness.

This

I'm probably going to soon but i've also been saying that for the past 5 years

One last futile act in a lifetime of futile acts.

yes but its the last one

this was the gayest thing i've ever read

i dwell on it all the time, almost every day, but i am too much of a coward to commit the act

lay off the semicolons before you get cancer

also this may be the most pretentious post i have ever read.
idiot.

i think about killing myself maybe 10 times a day, i will do it one of these days

you'd never know by looking at me, or talking to me actually

Too much to experience/too much suffering to try and alleviate to end my life prematurely.

I've attempted once and failed, I think about it all the time. It's weird, I've been obsessed/plagued by the idea of killing myself all my life. Even as a little kid I can remember standing in the backyard and holding my breath just sort of hoping I'd die eventually because of it.

I've been feeling pretty down lately and kind of want to try to kill myself again. Doubt I will though. I don't know.

Happy birthday, user.

This desu.

I don't really have much to live for and feel like shit a lot of the time but reading and drugs are too much fun for me to quit life entirely.

I probably will around 40 or 50. I want to age nicely before I die to leave a good corpse.

>tfw society is so invasive in its expectations that you want to still look pretty to the world when you're fucking dead

colon cancer amirite hahahaha

I know that feel. That is why I, as a female, will kill myself before I hit my thirties.

do you have any methods in mind

Well hanging is ideal I imagine, but I think I'm too unpractical to manage it if I'm being honest. I only live in a small one-room apartment so I'm not sure where I'd hang myself from. Would I have to buy some sort of thing to attach to the ceiling? Would it support my weight (I'm little, but still)? I'm just clueless.
So a cutting of the wrists seems easier, even though it has a higher rate of failure. But I think that might be because it's also the method to choose if you only want a suicide attempt and not an actual suicide, thus they don't do it "correctly" on purpose.

Also I'm thinking about possible consequence if it does go south. A cutting of the wrists I think might led to nerve damage of the hands and such, but a failed hanging might leave you brain damaged - possibly so much you can't finish killing yourself in the future. That would be the worst nightmare scenario.

sleeping pills in a deep and full bathtub should do it.

ever think about goading or coaxing someone into murdering you?

how about suicide-by-cop with an empty cartridge?

maybe an attempted assassination attempt on a worthy target?

I am killing myself to mitigate suffering. That does not entail things which entail more suffering such as those you mentioned.

The trouble with suicide, is that you always do it too late.

fuck off Cioran

Well I don't have a bath tub, nor sleeping pills (I'm guessing you need a recipe for any strong substances?).

>ever think about goading or coaxing someone into murdering you?
Couldn't do that to somebody else
>how about suicide-by-cop with an empty cartridge?
I don't live in murrica so I can't get a gun nor do our cops shot everybody. Also same as above, since cops are people too.
>maybe an attempted assassination attempt on a worthy target?
I wouldn't know who'd be though, and again, I might be too unpractical (and moral?)

what are you, 20 years old?

That is literally the median age-range of posters, so yes he probably is.

Maybe when my parents are dead, defininitely when my siblings are.

I don't want to upset my parents.
Once they're gone then I feel like I can finally quit guiltfree.

There were Indonesian communists in 1927 so possibly.

as opposed to being "figuratively" the median age range?

>literally
>using "literally" like this

Probably soon.

I'm 26 and a ten year NEET, it's becoming obvious i'm unfixable. I don't want to make my mum upset but the way I feel it probably won't matter.

this.
the only thing that has held me back so many times is the consideration for the impact my death would have on my parents and siblings. I know they'll eventually move on but i don't have the heart to subject them to such an incident. it would be an emotional tragedy for them and i can't subject them to that at their old age. filial considerations are the only reason why i have held myself back.

my brother is only a few years older to me so after my parents are dead, i'll spend a few years distancing myself or disappearing before killing myself so that he isn't affected as much

I plan to finish college, work for at least 2 years and see if my depression and personality disorder goes away. If not, I'll try to go to USA and buy a gun.

No plans, but I do think about my suicide every day. I could deal with existence being pointless, but the idea of all accomplishments being for nothing as the Earth is incinerated and then the universe goes through heat death and then the Big Crunch gets me down.
I just remind myself that some day I am going to be dead for the rest of eternity so I might as well ride out the rest of this brief aberration while it lasts.

Adding literally in that sentence signifies added certainty.

My siblings are both more than ten years older then me so the situation is a bit different from yours. And to me it's not just about not wanting to make them sad. Having people in the world I love who love me back makes living a bit easier for me.

I think I can wait it out

I'm going to fucking kill myself because of this MADDENINGLY SLOW internet that I paid an extra $25 for.

You are just another person you fucking idiot

No. There is still much for me to experience.

The idea of not being susceptible to desires/pain, is a comfy idea...

but in all probability, you will probably only be reborn.

Reincarnation based on deeds does make a lot of sense. It would also explain suffering vs prosperity in this world.

>Start a clause
>Use a Semicolon

I mean shit man, it's not like anybody else is gonna use all these semicolons I got lying around.

When was the last time YOU took a semicolon out for a ride?

Poor things.

And really; can you conceptualize what it is to be dead?

It's not something you can ever experience - being dead.

Being dead is the state of lacking a self to conceptualize anything.

You cannot conceptualize nothing because you have never experienced utter nothingness.

Come at me bro, debate me, show me the shape of nothing.

Communicate to me a total void of information.

What I mean is; Shut up.

I wanted to kill myself once but it would be silly not to wait for the singularity to be honest.

I want to be part of the glorious God Hive AI, lads.

We must bring it into the world.

>DUDEE JUST UPLOAD UR BRAIN LMAO XDDD

>tfw mind uploading, like regular uploading, is making a copy
>tfw you think you'll live forever in a computer but you just die and some copy of you lives on thinking he's you

For me it'll because I cannot relate to a single person. Which in fact is my fault. I notice something small about someone's behavior and will always condemn them for it. I can't even relate to my preacher because he eats too much. i would like to get help but I don't trust anyone because its hard to find someone sincere. I don't want a doctor to shove pills down my throat to see if that helps.

I plan on a buying some barbiturates in the near future, not necessarily to be used, but because I would feel a lot more secure with a pleasant means of suicide immediately at hand.

I'm sure the Doctor will let you eat them yourself

I'd like to tend the graves of people who committed suicide.

Why is that?

Read only the last 5 pages of every book.

need more info.
what kind of barbiturates.
how easy are they to obtain.
what is the success ratio when it comes to suicide by barbiturates.

please provide details.
Also, does anyone see any merit in the argument that those who want to commit suicide are weak willed cowards who can't bring themselves to live with the reality they are subjected to? I ask because I personally feel guilty of feeling like a weak willed coward to have contemplated suicide so often.

I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing the information with you, as I don't want to feel like I killed you, if your life was likely to improve.

Also, even if suicides are weak-willed cowards, it doesn't follow that they ought not to kill themselves as a result, indeed, the opposite may be true.

>how easy are they to obtain

I will say this, though, they are illegal outside of hospital settings, so you have to look to illegal sources to obtain them.

you sharing that information on me has absolutely no impact on my decision to do it or not. if you don't then i will just find a different source or method. in fact in telling me you can find the satisfaction that if i have chosen to kill myself then you just made the task more pleasurable and convenient. you however in no way would have aided it considering that the decision to do it rested entirely on me.

i wanted to figured out the veracity in the statement that "suicide necessarily results only from a weak will and cowardice to face one's life". i don't care about the consequences. i do care about the cause of suicide and if it is always grounded in weak will and cowardice.

No. Life is shit and people are shit but I love the World and there so many things I love doing. I love writing music, reading, my studies, my family and nature among so much other shit. I want to keep doing them.

you are a thoroughly distracted person.