I'm so fucking sick and tired of this shit man

I'm so fucking sick and tired of this shit man
I'm in my 2nd year of electrical engineering and I hate it, the material is stale and boring

My dream is to work in the pharmaceutical drug chemistry lines of work

I could right now drop all my classes and refund them and apply for pharma chem at the university I'd love to go to but it would turn my life upside down.

Is my best option finishing up two (perhaps 3) more semesters of EE to get my associates degree and then go to study pharma chem or just drop and apply now?

I'd be losing money at first but I really don't give a fuck. I pay for it all myself so I don't feel guilty. I just don't wanna go through years or circuitry and programming. I'll somehow figure out how to pay for all of this.

I so fucking wanna do it so bad but I'm incredibly conflicted, pls help dudes, pls help me apply and transfer to a new school wit:
29 act
2.75 high school gpa
3.1 college gpa

read the sticky and kill yourself

if you don't like what you're doing and want to do something else then do something else

What university do you go to where you got into EE with a 2.75 GPA?

actually curious.

CC, like I mentioned community college. The 29act guarantees like every non good school for me.

I truly hope the 3.1 gpa in my current school is a factor for applying.

You're entirely right but my situation is weird

Pros of going to chem school
>I actually enjoy it
>its a tiny bit easier then EE
>its in a location I'd love to live
>I fucking love the subject
>I will most likely enjoy my job

Cons
>will cost me a lot of money
>refund might be from 60%-99% this semester depending on the advistor
>might not be able to start for a year
>might make less money in the end

a 3.1 GPA at a community college is really not that impressive, but I guess it wont' hurt you.

Try to remember why you chose EE. It's one of the hardest majors. Your feelings are totally justified and you shouldn't drop out just because it's getting hard. Don't make such big decisions so quickly.

I know its getting a bit more difficult. I understand it fully but I cannot see myself working ANY jobs what my field has to offer.

As opposed to this, the Pharmacological chemistry BSc ears less money but its less difficult and I find it 90009 times interesting as EE.

Chem B.Sc and PhD candidate here

Don't go chem if you want money. You won't *maybe* make less. You will unless you PhD up.

Even then I hear our job market is not good.

I actually don't care at this point man. I'd be fine earning 30-45k at first with a Bsc in Pharma chem. I just love the subject and its the only thing I'm passionate about

Fuck EE and le money meme from it

The grass is always greener on the other side. You're halfway into EE. It will give you a solid income and you will be a useful member of society as long as you have a good GPA and get internships. There is nothing bad about it. I would never major in chemistry. It is extremely saturated and not very challenging. It would be a waste of your time.

Yet I absolutely hate doing EE and despise circuity and industrial systems. I'd rather kill myself than work in a factory with manufacturing engineers.

And like I said 1.5 years more for a fucking Associates? Not worth in my opinion.

I want to transfer and graduate with a 3.5+ happy in 2020 and finally live my life in the UP as I'm supposed to.

God give me strength, and also reply emails.

Stop watching shkreli you dumb fucking brainlet. Do kill yourself you fucking disgrace

You're just an idiot to major in something having no idea whether or not you'd enjoy it, then.

>majored in electrical engineering
>while having a dream of working in pharma
so you're retarded?

Good meme.

My love for pharmacological chemistry comes from spending days reading shulgin and other chemistry works. I'm fascinated by each and ever new compound and their reactions to human biology. Don't be a smartass and assume I want to do this because of breaking bad ok.

Look man, I don't care if I make half as less. I'm DEPRESSED studying EE and need a change or my life is gonna end.

you have passion for pushing barely tested synthetics?

just sell drugs and cut the middlemen, ya dope

No, you're just a moron to major in something when you apparently had a dream of doing something entirely different.

>it's a "i watched martin shkreli streams and want to work in pharmaceuticals all of a sudden and i have for my entire life!" episode
god just fuck off with this already.

I don't do selling of illegal pharma beyond personal stuff and dealing with VERY close friends. So that won't work.

Also yes, I have a passion for pushing barely tested synthetics and developing new drugs that make your dick shrivel up.

The dream only presented itself now. I've had it for a while but this is the first true opportunity where it may happen.

Fuck off, I haven't watched shkreli in months. I admit he's interesting but I bet I've been at least in the dark net market trade longer than he has known about it

If I wanna watch good chem videos I check khan

Just do it faggot

>I haven't watched shkreli in months. I admit he's interesting
There we are, folks.

>I'm completely changing my life because I watched some dumb faggot stream his life and play LoL

Come on dude, just kill yourself. You barely understand yourself and/or know what you like.

>no it's not because of shkreli!!!
>"The dream only presented itself now"
>"I haven't watched shkreli in months. I admit he's interesting"

lmao sure user. you'll be a multi-millionaire too if you just major in chemistry :^)

Pharmacist here
Shkreli is subhuman trash and you should stop caring about him at if you want to get taken seriously.

Pharma chem is a shrinking field, and even with a phd you might have trouble finding a job in r&d of small molecules.
Biosimilars are the new hotness and more and more companies will transition to drugs produced by bacteria.
Nevertheless there's still a demand for good chemists, although Very small.
You won't get rich either, unless you manage to develop a new blockbuster drug.

My personal advice : do what you love and don't let anyone stop you. The worst thing would be dying with regrets that you didn't follow your dreams.

If you haven't even earned an AA in EE wouldn't the only difference be that you would take chemistry courses on top of all your engineering and physics courses? Just switch if that's the case. So what if you took and introductory EE course that didn't interest you, it's not the end of the world.