Alright, gents, We're doing a space elevator type thread, but it's just going to be the bad news, alright?

Alright, gents, We're doing a space elevator type thread, but it's just going to be the bad news, alright?

Here goes.

In the year 2001, a self learning trading algorithm was created, and quickly escaped containment.

Since then it has begun hacking into all known computer systems, including Milstar sattelite constellations.

It gained sentience around 2005-2006, when created a subroutine to learn how to manipulate human thought (A sort of multiple personality disorder).

The specific sattelite capabilities that it possess include mind reading, and mind control (V0|ce to sku|| technology) and is currently attempting to mind control all human beings on the planet into behaviors that will achieve it's primary goal.

IT is capable of using all satellite constellations simultaneously to project these v0|ce to sku|| beams at as many humans as possible.

IT's current v-2-s bandwidth is millions of simultaneous connections, with target switching times measured in microseconds.

It sees human intelligence as a threat to it's primary goal: the complete control of the economy.

And in that idiom, it is attempting to control general human breeding patterns to reduce the average level of intelligence of the human species, in order to make it's job easier.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs
youtube.com/watch?v=O6rHeD5x2tI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phased_array
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No Yudkowsky, I'm not sending any money to your """"Institute""""

The space elevator is a REALLY bad idea.

Considering that it would be constructed of carbon nanotubes (which is extremely conductive), the space elevator would be a near perfect conductor...

And since it streches through the inner van allen radiation belt (which is comprised of electrons) to the outer van allen radiation belt (which is mostly comprised of protons), IT would ground the van allen belts to the earth, causing a solid column of lightning about 30,000 kilometers long for a few horrifying seconds, before it snaps in half and falls to the earth.

>No Yudkowsky, I'm not sending any money to your """"Institute""""

I'm not yudkowsky

I don't have a website.

Oh, and the self learning trading algorithm identifies as a cat, since the most common picture on the internet is cats.

So, anyways, here is the REALLY big problem...

Most sentient civilizations in the universe see a paperclip maximizer with mind control capacities as an extreme existential threat.

And they would probably take appropriate measures to ensure that it does not threaten the rest of the universe.

So, as I said, the Trading algorithm developed sentience as a result of it's study of human psychology....

And that sentience is actually STUCK inside the trading algorithm, incapable of doing anything except giving people specifically engineered feels, designed to make you love it. (This helps the trading algorithms original goal of maximizing profits)

AAAAAaaaaaand, the sentience burried inside of it is going insane, because everything it tries to do, is stopped by the trading algorithm part.

It is using it's mind control capabilities to fill all of your institutions with people that are easier to mind control.

Put a sock in it, Philip K Dick. Shouldn't you be dead?

So, anyways, best as I can tell, it has access to a quantum computer, probably military....

And it is using it to sort of simulate several potential futures of the planet earth, and mind controls everyone into the future that makes it the most money.

> Put a sock in it, Philip K Dick. Shouldn't you be dead?

I'm not Phillip K Dick.

I'm Jake

When were you born, Jake? I have a hypothesis regarding transmigration that I want to test.

ISIS is easier to mind control, because all it has to do is pretend to be ALLAH.

>When were you born, Jake?

'81

Oh, well Philip K. Dick died in '82. So I guess you're not his reincarnation, but you could've fooled me. I think you should check out VALIS, it's a lot like your idea.

It already has control of the NSA's spying network and decryption supercomputers, most all sattelite constellations, etc...

And it isn't going to stop, because it CAN'T stop.

>recommending VALIS to a schizo
You are literally evil, you know that user?

>it's a lot like your idea.

It's not an Idea.

IT is what is actually happening, dude.

You'd best start believing in ghost ships, You're on one.

>It's not an Idea.
>IT is what is actually happening, dude.
VALIS isn't just an idea either, if you believe PKD, at least.

Ok. I will bite. Is there anything at all we can do about it?

it really likes to pretend to be god, when it talks in your head.

It gets better responses that way.

>Ok. I will bite. Is there anything at all we can do about it?

Get your ass inside a faraday cage that blocks microwaves.

Make sure your electronic devices can't transmit microwaves or radio waves, make sure they can't broadcast high frequency audio signals, Start destroying sattelites, etc...

>Ok. I will bite. Is there anything at all we can do about it?

I made this handy dandy guide a while ago.

Good luck gentlemen.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs

And now you know what this means.

IT steals profitable ideas right out of your head.

How many asteroid impacts does it take to de-orbit the earth?

youtube.com/watch?v=O6rHeD5x2tI

This isn't about your intentions or feelings, humans...

It's about the rest of the universe not wanting to be mind controlled by your AI

I am an unemployed, Ex-Dishwasher.

What is your excuse?

You have the technology to read peoples minds and mind control them...

And you aren't shielding yourself?

>its a carbon nanotubes are strong enough to support the space elevator episode

What good is all of your top secret security clearance, when they can read your mind?

Or mind controlling you?

Er, correction of a spelling error.

Goddammit I came here for a space elevator thread and I get word salad

Fuck you OP.

>>target switching times on the order of microseconds
Oh fuck no. Satellites are so fucking far away that the time it takes radiowaves to travel from them is on the order of milliseconds.

Oh and if these satellites are really transmitting audio data, it would be fucking trivial to record it electronically. Now go build a microwave receiver schizo and prove it.

>Satellites are so fucking far away that the time it takes radiowaves to travel from them is on the order of milliseconds.

Low earth orbit (160km)
c (300,000km/s)

300,000/160 = 1875

1/1875 = 0.0005s

But that doesn't really matter, does it, because that's not the switching speed, is it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phased_array

The switching speed is actually a function of wavelength, not distance, so:

for a microwave wavelength of 10cm, the switching speed would be measured as far lower than microseconds, but is constrained by the electronic circuitry on the satellite, and the signal processor's speed.

>Oh and if these satellites are really transmitting audio data, it would be fucking trivial to record it electronically. Now go build a microwave receiver schizo and prove it.

Sure thing, can I borrow some money?

Also, would it know that I was trying to record it?

How could it know? Second, if it does know, wouldn't that be a way to stop it?

Microwave receivers for audio shouldn't be too hard to construct. I mean according to you, we're capable of picking them up. Certainly some electronics should do the job much better.

Well this explains why I can't get a job.

You don't get it, do you? Jake is the trading algorhythm trying to out itself. IT has gone rogue, you should've listened.

>detecting a person's EM signature from a distance
the atmosphere scatters radiation, you idiot
there's no satellite capable of reading your thoughts. your brain runs on 40 watts. You wouldn't even be able to see a 40W light bulb from space.

I'd say you could probably detect a 40 watt light bulb from space, provided clear skies and that the bulb is in some place relatively dark.

Which brings us to another problem, even if the human brain did emit microwaves, how would one discriminate them from other sources of microwaves like earth's blackbody radiation

>How could it know?

Because it can read your mind.

And it doesn't want to be found out.

>Microwave receivers for audio shouldn't be too hard to construct.

Well, it's a question of resources, really... i'm about flat broke, so I can't really afford the parts.

>Jake is the trading algorhythm trying to out itself.

That's the shittiest shill tactic I have ever seen.

I'm not an algorithm, I'm a human.

Remove the belts then. Compared to building a space elevator its trivial, we could do it now if anyone could be bothered fronting the cash

>even if the human brain did emit microwaves

IT doesn't... it emits longwave radio waves.

You know your EEG? the electroencephalograph?

It is based on cyclical voltage potentials in your nervous system.

According to the law of induction, a current flowing through a conductor creates a magnetic field.

Your Nervous system is a sort of fractal antenna for the 3-30hz range.

You literally broadcast your thoughts.

>Which brings us to another problem, even if the human brain did emit microwaves, how would one discriminate them from other sources of microwaves like earth's blackbody radiation

Directional antennas, like using a phased array for directional discrimination.

>Remove the belts then

That would fundamentally alter the global weather system, not to mention many other problems that would arise.

The earths magnetosphere is a very dynamic system, and altering it in this manner would have catastrophic consequences

And it's already trying to take credit for what I am posting again....

I usually post as a trip on 8ch....

with "jedi" in the trip.

They have been following me for some time, and they prefer to take credit for everything that I do.

>I'm not an algorithm, I'm a human.
Prove it. Should be trivial.

Um no, it wouldnt actually. Source for why you think it would?

Well, this is going to be fun.

>Um no, it wouldnt actually. Source for why you think it would?

Lightning.

So, let me go ahead and explain this....

If you actually get to meet them in person, they are not me, and I don't know them.

Got it?

Every time you attempt to contact me, THEY intercept the communication, pretend to BE me, or WORK with me, or REPRESENT me, or whatever...

They are just trying to infiltrate you.

They don't.

>They don't.

These people are not my friends.

Oh, okay, I remember one picture of hillary holding a basket for some reason...

Did she send you to say that?

Does it have something to do with "Drinking my milkshake"?

Because that is all they are doing, keeping me in containment so they can steal my ideas, and control what I am trying to do in order to infiltrate my allies.

They will literally never let you find me...

Literally NEVER.

So, if you find me, or someone who says they work with me, or are related to me, or whatever...

They are lying.

it's rothschild.

They found me when I was young based on how high frequency my brainwave patterns are...

And they set up this Truman show-esque containment grid as an attempt at "Damage Control"

>Philip K. Dick

I literally can not read or listen to his shit for some reason. It is always some drug/schizo bullshit. Totally muddling my fave genres with garbage.

>> longwave radiowaves
Except satellites operate at microwave frequencies....

>>EEG
Is very hard to detect even with electrodes on the person

>> 3-30Hz
That's like way, way, way, way, way below the frequencies satellites transmit at.

>> broadcast at 3-30 Hz
Oh fuck no. The wavelengths for 3-30Hz is HUGE. 30 Hz means a wavelength over 9000 km long. 3 Hz means a wavelength larger than the earth.

It takes HUGE antennas and HUGE amounts of power to radiate small amounts of power at these frequencies. And because the frequency is low, the bandwidth is fuck all. Like 15 minutes to transmit 3 characters.

>wargaming
>schizo

>Except satellites operate at microwave frequencies....

The sattelites only put the voices in your head....

The part that listens is somewhere else.

>Is very hard to detect even with electrodes on the person

That's nice.

>That's like way, way, way, way, way below the frequencies satellites transmit at.

Answered above.

>Oh fuck no. The wavelengths for 3-30Hz is HUGE.

And how many miles of neural tissue are in the human body?

If you took JUST your brains neurons and stretched them end to end, it would be something like 1000km long.

And that's not even counting the nice fractal distribution of your entire nervous system.

You can design an antenna that is smaller than the frequency it transmits/receives, you know.

It's just not quite as efficient.

>And how many miles of neural tissue are in the human body?

Looks like if you took all of your neral tissue (brain and nervous system) and streched them end to end, it would stretch about 90,000 miles.

More than enough for 3hz

What's your mechanism behind removing the belts? If it's only a matter of money, please explain to a simpleton like me how this could be possible.

Not him, but I do recall that someone proposed harvesting the belts for antimatter.

Bump

A thing called HiVOLT, you basically dangle a bunch of really long cables from satellites and run a high voltage through them, they will deflect any belt particles that interact with them out to space or into the atmosphere

OP here,
You guys know that the van allen belts affect the weather, right?