Does this book perfectly outline what is it is to be a conservative...

does this book perfectly outline what is it is to be a conservative? also what conservative works would Veeky Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSwAd2T41-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do wide reading don't just read one book

what would you recommend?

Just read Mein Kampf and Evola, realize it's just trogs clinging onto whatever shit they were taught growing up, and realize that Socrates had one upped conservatives and nationalists eons ago in declaring himself a man of the world, not of a polis

i would recommend finding your own way. it should make you pay closer attention to what you're reading

tfw bullied by Veeky Forums

Hitler and Evola were radical traditionalists, not conservatives. Socrates willingly drank hemlock because his polis told him to and comitted himself to the gods of his people.

Conservatism is a counterculture of critique and critiques come in all shapes and sizes. As any kind of conservative, as anyone with principles, you'll always be surprised at who ends up being a fellow traveller.

Just read everything. Don't define yourself by one book or try to fit yourself into cut-out ideologies, or become a sloganeer.

> He who thinks a great deal is not suited to be a party man: he thinks his way through the party and out the other side too soon.

And no I'm not selling some golden mean "all strong belief is just sloganeering, maaaan!" fallacy. I'm right wing as fuck. I'm just saying don't become provincial.

what do you think of the book in OP's pic?

Someone from /pol/ has been barraging Veeky Forums with threads about conservatism, manliness, and the "red pill"

maybe there's more than one person conservative on this board

You're the one who keeps posting

>TAKE THE RED PILL KEK WILLS IT FROGS UNITE

shit in every fucking thread aren't you

You may have paranoid schizophrenia or something dude

bookfags blown the hell out

how so?

lol cucked

Read Edmund Burke as well if you're interested in conservatism.

Fuck off

Not everybody on Veeky Forums follows the same ideology as you

Conservatism is dead. It cannot be resurrected. It is merely about protecting higher income earners and trying to make degeneracy happen later rather than now.

You cannot revert, only in an artificial way which is inevitably bound to collapse.

It's fucking over. The scum have won. Accept the decline.

youtube.com/watch?v=DSwAd2T41-o

>The baddies from /pol/ keep turning up and making me feel insecure in my emasculated sense of being!

OUT! OUT!

Who are you quoting, reddit?

that pretty politically incorrect

Anything written by Edmund Burke is infinitely better.

in Yurope: Hillary's Invasion,
a young prince from the mythical land of Ungland must escape America and unite western Europe before an army of morbidly obese, transexual, pedophile, communist americans, lead by President hillay clinton destroy the world.

wow, reddit can be so epic

in yurope: barack's apocalypse, trayvon martin survives his confrontation with zimmerman and goes on to sue america for racism, and wins
this has a sno ball effect that causes the african american community to revolt causing america to come to the brink of civil war
and only trayvon can stop it

upvoted but I'm saving my gold for the right epic

>Hitler
>traditionalist

Simon-Nicholas Henri Linguet is pretty interesting. He was a reactionary who produced a good critique of the philosophes and the physiocrats and a defence of Asiatic despotism against decadent modernity. If you can read French try reading "Theorie des lois civiles"

It does, but it's very Britain-centered. I live in Brazil and some of it was alien to me, although it was a very good read nonetheless. He spends a lot of time talking about specific British traditions, such as the house of Lords, and only uses British examples to illustrate his points.

It's a very good first start on Conservatism. He also has edited a nice anthology of Conservative Texts.

Jesus Christ, the answers in this thread are really depressing. The level of this board is so ridiculously low.

What is with all these weird posters trying to tie down the true meaning of conservatism in one book? Is it a school project everyone has and they don't have any genuine views on what conservatism is? Because that's the only reason I would read that shit

Are you familiar with the concept of an introductory book? Scruton is the world's foremost conservative philosopher. Of course you have to read widely if you want to be an expert on the subject, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Came here to post this .

For future reference, 'just read everything lol' is not what you recommend to someone when they are looking for an introduction to specific ideologies, philosophies, or systems. , , .

t. Nick Land

>Is "conservatism" a monolithic ideology that can be summed up in one book? What would you recommend for someone interested in "conservatism?"

>No, and lots, because there are several different perspectives on it.

Reasonable answers from reasonable people to a specific but open query.

I know you just wanted to post something, anything, but the solution is to go read more until you have something to say.