Female spatial awareness

So I always hear that women are terrible at spatial visualization and awareness compared to men. Is this actually true and if it is what is the cause of it?

its true because men are better at everything

>Is this actually true and if it is what is the cause of it?
Yes.
Probably lack of appreciable levels of testosterone, combined with different wiring and responses to estrogen. Which is why phytoestrogens are apt to cripple visuospatial processing in males, and marginally enhance it in females.

My anecdotal evidence comes from delivering pizzas. Not one of the women that worked there (I was the only guy with 7 women in the pizza joint) could read the map of the local area that was on the wall. They'd take the call, but not the address since they didn't know how to use the map. They literally told me directions using shit like "past Carl's house, up Emily's street, the cheerleader Emily, not John's wife, etc."

I wasn't even from the area and had no fucking clue what they were talking about half the time. Thankfully, all the deliveries had the client number I could call and get an address.

Sauce?

Interesting, thanks for the info. This has been my anecdotal experience as well.

Some little Vietnamese slut.

>They literally told me directions using shit like "past Carl's house, up Emily's street, the cheerleader Emily, not John's wife, etc."

This has to be a joke. I mean there's some pretty stupid people out there, but I've worked with a number of women and most of them don't display marked performance or efficiency deficits relative to men. Unless they're the female archetype that has a permanent expression of boredom and is more interested in her cell phone than anything else.

he's right though. women relate position with landmarks and memories. men use some absolute coordinate system.

Do you mean when communicating, or internally?

Does it help to mention that all these women except one were over 40 at the time and working in a local pizza place? Because that says a great deal to me about their life performance. This was the 1980s if that helps, since it was before the internet, GPS in cellphones, etc.

It was a profound experience and I tell that story all the time because I was pretty much dumbstruck by it.

not really
i think #19-21 are the sources

since i can't literally read minds, i guess i can only say when communicating for sure, but i'd say that how they relate position is pretty indicative of their thought process.

Makes more sense when you put it that way.
Also, I'm from the rural Northeast where stupidity and deficiency just won't work. I never noticed it until I left for a while, but people here, particularly the people who's families have been here for a while, really are quite cold and hardened.

Things are changing though, particularly with the influx and advent of women like I described. Oh well. The elements will still keep some people out, even if we start forming the same maladaptive traits from population pressure and garbage social feedback loops.

Not necessarily. I'm male, and while I do tend more towards absolute ways of storing and processing information, I don't ignore the integration of more personal or memory based data either. I can more or less walk through a building once and for the next few years be able to visually walk around in it with very little error and loss of finer detail. I think everyone is capable of this, it can be very efficient, and shouldn't be left underdeveloped.

But anyway. Women are typically terrible at interpreting, relaying, and giving directions. You can't really argue this... They are very good at keeping information together and networking though.

Whenever my gf tries to point me out how to get somewhere she uses expressions like
>don't cross the street when you get out of the subway, like, get out on the market's side
>you go WITH the flow of cars (or was it against?)
she also can't use street numbers and more often than not gets lost when trying to go somewhere she has never gone before

I would believe this
has anyone else noticed that when you're walking in a collision course with a girl she'll usually crash right into you if you don't get out of the way?

Because she's used to people moving for her. Has little to do with intrinsic traits.

that's probably an influencing factor, but I also observe that two men navigate around each other more easily than two women

There are other things factoring into the dynamic with men.

Either men are cooperating for their own mutual interest, avoiding conflict, or fighting. The way two women, or a man and woman, interact is entirely different.

or they're just not fucking crashing into each other

That's because if two men bump into each other, it is grounds for blowjobs.

But dont men FAMOUSLY not ask for directions in new places and get lost as fuck

Hey, look bud we were getting along but now it's going to get hostile and we're going to have to compete and possibly fight it out. Alright?

You did this.

Nice trips. The statement is true, males score about 0.5 to 1.1 sd higher than females on spatial tasks and it is broadly accepted that testosterone is the cause.

Yes. Women have a really hard time understanding you stay to the right of each other or move to the right to avoid collision as a general rule, especially on stairs. Try navigating a grocery store with housewives around, it's hilarious how they second guess every movement when faced with another cart

No, that is a classic Jewish comedy routine written into much of Hollywood media.

women don't have to hunt, build or design so they historically do not need spatial skills

>emotionally investing in korean imageboard
fite me irl fuckign scrub il reck u

ne thyme bich!1! u naem itt!@@

/thread

Fuck off.