Hedonism

Hedonism. Isn't it the only way? It's the oldest written philosophy, it boils down to taking advantage of all things good in the world. How can any other ideology compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/education/3313279/Madness-of-Nietzsche-was-cancer-not-syphilis.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wouldn't the true cuck be the one that denies himself pleasure in life due to some arbitrary rule set that doesn't exist in nature?

It would be but he's from /pol/ so he doesn't actually understand anything he says.

Hedonism doesnt prevent you from setting yourself a goal, aslong as trying and eventually reaching it provides more pleasure than pain

You have a child's perception of pleasure.

tell me what an adult's perception of pleasure is like

Hedonism doesn't work because no one besides the filthy rich .0001% has access to all the pleasures of the world.

If you dedicate your life to hedonism as a middle classer, there'll always be something more that you're missing out on and by the end of your life you'll feel empty and won't be remembered for shit. However it can be worked into your personal goals if you want it to by climbing the socioeconomic ladder so that you and your kin can enjoy more pleasures than you initially had.

If pleasure didn't diminish over time, it might be a tenable worldview. It is unfortunate in the sense that 90% of your life becomes a mere means to an end for the remaining 10% of your life if you follow it to its logical conclusion. Unless you were just born into some amoral moneyed family and can just spend the rest of your life doing drugs, even as your resistance goes up and up (and consequently the expenses involved).

I guess this is the reason why spoiled rich kids are all brain dead nihilist drug addicts.

Drugs are by far the most simple way to get pressure, the logical endgame for hedonism is a heroin od. Doesn't sound like something to look forward to.

The problem here is you have defined good as pleasure and that nothing else is good. Of course hedonism is true if we assume that but you really need to explain why you believe that to be the case.

>Hedonism is a precise mathematical pursuit of pleasure

yeah no

Pleasure is inherently bad because it rewards self-importance. You should make yourself a humble subordinate of Nature and live virtuously.

tthis

They can't.
Plebs just mad cause they fell for the "life has meaning" meme.

Hedonism only had logical precedent before psychology and neuroscience taught us how pleasure and reward function over time. The idea of seeking the most pleasure for an extended period of time is fundamentally incompatible with our understanding of diminishing returns, and the idea that human nature seeks only pleasure rather than pain has been dispelled for quite awhile.

Transhumanism, bitch
The future will be one long pleasure ride

Right, and communism will come after the fall of late capitalism.

Right, precisely

God damn I miss those threads. Really wish I had saved the images from them.

Behold, the Untermensch.

Nietzsche died of Syphillis. Seems like he sought out some pleasure.

>Nietzshe was a hedonism

just kill me now

He had really bad luck. He got syphilis from the first hooker he visited. From what I understand he wasn't super experienced at that point either.

HE NEVER HAD SIPHILLIS YOU FICKING NORMIE. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

telegraph.co.uk/education/3313279/Madness-of-Nietzsche-was-cancer-not-syphilis.html

>The Telegraph

STOP FUCKING TROLLING ME FUCK OFF
HE NEVER HAD SIPHILLIS I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE TELEGRAPH ASSHOLE

It is the Letzte Mensch, did you even read Nietzsche?

What threads lel?

Threads where Veeky Forums produced fun OC.

Calm down. I read that article already. Interesting, but I just don't buy it.

That's defining pleasure from materialistic gain. There are other kinds.

>THAT ARTICLE IS FAKE AND GAY. HE OBVIOUSLY HAD SYPHILISWHAT YHE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN SAYING? HE HAD A MUSTACHE TO HIDE HIS SYPHILIS BOILS? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW??? DO YOU REALIZE HOW NONSENSICAL THAT FUCKING SOUNDS??? SYPHILIS MAKES YOU CRAZY, THATS WHY HE MADE HIS LAST FUCKING BOOK ABOUT "WHY I AM SO GREAT", "WHY I AM SO SMART". THATS WHY HE HATED WOMEN SO MUCH, HE WAS MAD THAT THEY GAVE HIM SYPHILIS

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. HOLY. FUCKING. SHI

And if you're one of the .0001% you'll see that it's not as great as you thought, or it comes with pain after (like drugs).
When you want a better job and finally get it, you realize it "just" became your job, and if you want to fuck that model like body dancer girl, and you get her, you end up "just" fucking a woman.
It's never as fulfilling as you hope, that's a basic realization, and so why delude oneself that achieving any goal will fix this.
People who get the nobel price reportedly sometimes get depressed because there's no higher goal of that kind, and the author of Harry Potter must also face the face that she peaked and can't possibly trump herself.

Someone got the image with the pringles?

Schopenhauer talks about things like this in Wisdom of Life. Happiness can only come from within.

----

Hedonism comes from without. Youre not going to truly find pleasure being a hedonist unless youre a simpleton

Hedonists are not necessarily anti-Achievement. hence, not last men. If you set aside semantic wankery, does my statement carry my intent to you or not?

>If you set aside semantic wankery, does my statement carry my intent to you or not?
You basically just said "I don't like it."

So, I guess?

>"Some"
>"Hedonist"
What next, you gonna say Nietzsche was a nazi?
Just kys

If none of your ideals contribute to either becoming an overman or making the systems for becoming one, You may not be a last man, but you are pretty "Unter" This usage of the word aesthetically pleases me, while being somewhat reasonable and I despise the Nazi usage of this word to convey useless ideas.

No, in that case you are simply a man. An untermensch would be just an ape.