Be me

>Be me

>Want to do well in maths

>Realise I'm brainlet

>Realise I don't have the fluid intelligence or working memory for it

>My dreams can never be reality

>tfw

Go to CS. That's what everyone does, who wants to be in STEM field, but hasn't got the brain for anything complex.

This is true. I dropped out of biology to get into CS cause the math was pretty bullshit and discrete maths still gives me nightmares today

CS is boring though.

Stop giving yourself excuses. Your just another lazy fuck who can't be bothered to learn math.

This.
Shut up and practice your math skills user.

If you don't have the wisdom to know what you can change and what not you will be stuck anyway. If you made this thread to bait for some motivation and hear people say how you can do it than you should start working yourself more fundamentally than math. There is too much anxiety in you to continue a field.

If you came to that conclusion after going very deep into math, enough to understand your limitations. Basically if you came to that conclusion without any anxiety but solely logical approach after exposing the field for years, only then you can quit without any worries.

Depends on what you do.

Well if you REALLY REALLY think you, your brain, your cognitive abilites are holding your back then
either you are
1) mentally retarded
OR
2) you should consider using amphetamines or methamphetamines in near threshold doeages (10mg for amphe, 5mg for meth)
or look for some research chemicals
If even then you cannot concentrate and grasp a tiny bit of the concepts you try to understand, visit a doctor.
And ffs diggin into some differential geometry without a very good understanding of calclus, algebra and geometry then fucking start fomr the... start, faggot

Sorry lads, but maybe I'm just not that good? Maybe I don't have much genetic proclivity for success in math? I think that's unfortunately the case.

Sure, I could work hard and maybe do well, but it's not worth working hard for an uncertain outcome. Especially not with naturals surpassing me in every conceivable way.

I do have anxiety, but I dunno... Deep down I feel I'm not good enough, and I think that's likely unrelated to my anxiety. Sure, I haven't put in MAXIMUM effort, but I've put in a middling amount, maybe an hour or so a week for a year, and did very badly.

Come on now, it doesn't take a genius to work out I'm not up to it.

I'm not exactly understanding what you're doing right now. You created a full on parody of people that put minimal effort into something and still wonder why they don't see any results. So let's stop the games and just explain what you wanted to achieve with this thread.

maybe (and by maybe I mean surely) you're lazy af and that's why you aren't as good as the supposed "naturals"

if you follow studies on this topic you'll soon notice that people are very genetically limited when it comes to math.

>tfw smart but lazy
It's right in front of my nose, yet I refuse to reach up and grab it.

Boomp

The idea that some people are incapable of getting good at math is bullshit. It's a skill you have to practice, if you have the drive you can improve

Sorry lad but it's just suuch a frequent case:
>gets a homework of 8 easy-as-fuck problems
>too lazy to try and solve at least half of them
>sits and does nothing for the subject whole week
>visits next lecture without any preparation
>understands nothing, remembers nothing
>always thinks of chad who does nothing as well but understands and remembers everything (most probably cause he remembered parts of the material from other courses)
>thinks he's not as good as chad and is just too bad at math

I did maths at a level and got an A and a C in further maths, so nothing amazing but I was OK at it. I did CS however because I find it way more fun

And yet they still fail on freshman year, because regardless of CS having easier math in comparison to any STEM and even almost any engineering degree, it still is pretty hard for an average brainlet, so your "solution" is garbage.

And if you are good enough for CS, you can step up and do STEM as well.

The hate for CS is mostly because it has more wannabes than any other degree, but the actual people that is good at CS (a minority) is people worthy of respect that actually cares about the field.

>inb4 spotted the CS major

Nop, my drug is EE, would do STEM if it was employable, but at least here there are 90% chances I would end up teaching, no thanks.

Every brainlet has this thought. You probably aren't very intelligent.