Dear Math people

Dear Math people,

Never forget how lucky you are. You were born with high IQs, and the ability to comprehend the most beautiful subject. You won the genetic lottery.

Never forget how lucky you are.

Sincerely,
Brainlet with average IQ

Other urls found in this thread:

grasshopperx.com/dr-charles-p-reinert’s-study-on-image-streaming-and-iq/
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/
ideafit.com/fitness-library/exercise-and-the-brain
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160208083606.htm
neuroscience.stanford.edu/news/ask-neuroscientist-does-bigger-brain-make-you-smarter
livescience.com/32142-are-big-brains-smarter.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States#Etymology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>work your ass off and struggle with a subject for 5 years at a university level
>get told you're 'lucky'

>i worked hard
>therefore i can claim credit for everything, including being born in a prosperous time and place where my gift did not go to waste

yeah. you're not lucky...

ingrate

>giving credit to some mystical 'gift' that you can't actually see, experience, or confirm the existence of

I second this, my father is a rather smart dude in general, but at the time he had ability to study some serious shit was going down, so he was basically forced to start working as a mechanic, and there went his scientific potential

cont'd
conditions have much more power over us that our inclinations and inborn capabilities combined
looking at the situation this way, being "lucky" is in fact a viable term

I wish I had the intelligence lad... You ARE very lucky

>conditions have much more power over us that our inclinations and inborn capabilities combined

Falsify this statement.

falsify my cock in your ass

You want to know how I know youre a liberal?

shoot

Nothing good came from math.

BUMP

>But your honour, he told me to shoot!

You guys on this board are the ones who always talk about how intelligence is genetic or at least inborn in some way.

idk where you got this idea from

is pretty common here

I know how it feels. I got an IQ of 110. :/

The thing is, like with many other things in life, you are not aware how precious is to have something that you always had, to the point that you believe that because something is true for you, it must be for everyone.

You can be a "brainlet" and work your ass off, and probably you will even get to decent results, but still very far from the brightest minds.

I mean, there are literally people coming from the same High School and same class that struggle with Calculus while your friend has an easy time, yes, he has to still study, but it comes easy to him, and maybe for you to achieve the same result you have to study 5 times the amount of hours, what do you think that is the cause of this? That not all of us have the same potential for all things, it doesn't even have to do with money or stuff like that (that can play a role, but not necessarily).

How does that affect your ability to learn? I have a BS in physics and psychology and iq's has been wildly blasted as unscientific nonsense

I agree with this.

Anyone can get good at math and everyone has to work at it to get good, but you can't deny that it just comes easier to some.

Friends of mine have excelled at math at an early age and told me that it was always pretty easy for them.

Then they go on to do fuck all after taking college level calculus classes in HS and here I am starting calc II my third semester at my community college.

I still don't have gf though.

No it hasn't. I don't know where you get that idea from. It's highly correlated with a wide variety of successes in various fields.

Not him but i have the same IQ
i can't get into most stuff without reading it again at least twice. Its a pain in the ass but works most of the time

>the most beautiful subject

Not in my opinion, Jack.

It isn't fun 'visualizing' Math. It's fun visualizing phenomena from which mathematical formulae may be derived from, or which mathematical formulae may help to explain. Visualizing phenomena also leads to increases in intelligence. So it isn't inherently genetic.

Intelligence can't be improved, though

thanks for the reminder user

That's an archaic belief.

grasshopperx.com/dr-charles-p-reinert’s-study-on-image-streaming-and-iq/

No, it's the current consensus.

Nump

Not at all, every avenue of academia is screaming about how intellectual potental can be maximized

But experts on intelligence say it's mostly slop. People with no expertise in the field say it can be improved.

It's like saying height can be improved.

Height can be improved with leg lengthening surgery. Painful as fuck but works.

Oddly enough their biggest customers are womanlets.

I am a math person, very good at it up to and including the few graduate courses I have taken so far. It is not the most beautiful subject. Art is the most beautiful subject - I mean great art in the classical style featuring anatomy, perspective, optics, and so on. It's also more difficult to do well than math.

>high school
>failed algebra 1
>failed algebra 2
>one of the best writers in my school
>INTP
anyone else similar?

Peoples tend to forget that IQ isn't necessarily linked with creativity. Being able to learn is useless if all your brain does is spouting whatever you stored in your memory without processing it.

What's that have to do with intelligence?

Look up IQ of twins growing up away from eachother in completely polar opposite upbringing. They'll still have similar intelligence as adults.

You can make your brain more efficient by eating better. Try supplementing your diet with Chlorella Algae and Omega-3 as well as exercising a lot.

>tfw forgot how to long multiply

Fuck you, this shit is hard

WTF do you mean?
Long multiplication of polynomials?

kek

Neurogenesis is dependent upon a plethora of environmental factors. Growth and atrophy, and whether one experiences either, depends on a multitude of variables pertinent to one's lifestyle and environmental settings.

Anyone can grow new neurons at nearly any stage of one's life.

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/

ideafit.com/fitness-library/exercise-and-the-brain

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160208083606.htm

Correlation between intelligence and the size of the brain:

neuroscience.stanford.edu/news/ask-neuroscientist-does-bigger-brain-make-you-smarter

livescience.com/32142-are-big-brains-smarter.html
>Men are smarter than women
loool posting link solely because of that quote.

There, sadly, isn't a lot of research on Image Streaming; but anecdotally, in the past when I've practiced, I've noticed improvements in certain cognitive respects. It's more about sustaining an imaginative outlook.

I can bet my fucking biochem exams that you haven't the slightest idea on how omega-3 works or why fats aren't going to affect your brain in any way ever

>honour

>unnecessary "u"

Correlation does not equal causation. :^)

>It's also more difficult to do well than math.

Whatever you say, brainlet.

>Americans

>on an American website
>hurr stupid muricans go b>>>
Here's your (You) kiddo

fuck off you third world inbred low IQ monkey

Try again. The owner is Japanese.

>American website

>america
>third world

Get off the internet and make your country not an actual third world country,

I equate Math to a language

We have:
Alphabet = [math] \gamma \quad \\mathb{T}[x]^\beta \quad \oint[/math]
Diaelcts = (Graph Theory, # Theory, VectorCalc, etc.)
Intensity/Depth of Conv = (Proof vs Examples)

You CAN learn. Choose YOUR lane for YOUR brain.

This is Veeky Forums broscience, please remove yourself.

>the owner is Japanese

moot is not Japanese...

who?

dont you know moot is kill

im pretty much a newfag idk what that makes you

This, quite honestly

Here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place.

kek, gbt leddit

Learn to tell the difference between politically correct bullshit and reality.

Honestly OP, just study. You wont be impressing anyone here by studying simple algebra but eventually you'll get to the point where you can solve and comprehend complex equations. You probably won't ever see the world as a series of complex interrelated formulas but you do have the capacity of self improvement and increased comprehension of the truth.

>america
>a country

Get off the internet and learn the difference between a country and a continent, uneducated faggot.

I wish I was bad at math, I fucking hate it, but it's so easy.

I agree, but OP is complaining that he wasn't born with the latent ability to understand complex math (I'm assuming he can do arithmetic). Even if he doesn't have the opportunity to study math at an advanced level he could still get himself a job that sustains him and study math in his free time. We aren't all born with a silver spoon in our mouth or a particularly powerful brain, but other than those with severe cognitive impairments we all posses the capacity to comprehend some higher level math. It really just comes down to how much work you have to put in and how much work you're willing to put in.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

>The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States#Etymology

>The short form "United States" is also standard. Other common forms are the "U.S.", the "USA", and "America".
>In non-English languages, the name is frequently the translation of either the "United States" or "United States of America", and colloquially as "America".
>A citizen of the United States is an "American". ... "American" rarely refers to subjects not connected with the United States.

>america
>a continent

That's interesting... last time I check, North America and South America were considered two different continents.....

>Something is considered accepted even though clearly technically wrong, I'm gonna use that as an argument!

Fine, worst case scenario America is North America + South America, but not the USA.

USA literally means United States OF America, only meaning that it is located on America, not that is all of America.

Besides it would be a logical fallacy to imply that America is inside North America

>tfw you finish math undergraduate in 3 years

instead of friends, i have spectral sequences and projective varieties

not sure if it was worth it

I have neither :^)

>tfw 145 IQ
>tfw can't into Maths
What's wrong with me?

Your IQ test was a fluke.

IT also takes intelligence and most of that is genetical. Some people just don't have it.
It's like asking a cripple to compete to run a marathon.

>It's like asking a cripple to run a marathon**

Taking IQ tests this seriously

HS math wiz here,

The reason we do fuck all after college is that we really don't have to work hard to succeed, and while college math at the undergrad level isn't anything special, advancing your career past undergrad takes involvement in research and association with the right professors, which is much more effort (and passion) than was ever required to get into college in the first place.

I can't speak for everyone, but once I ran into that, i basically said fuck it and left. given that I actually only had to do 3 classes of core math after HS didn't help - I spent two years fucking around with the humanities requirements to just stamp out my degree, so by the end I was pretty checked out of math as a career path.

It's strange how born talent can actually be self-defeating, at times.

Uni grad here.

Can confirm.

Completed HS Pre-Calculus with around 80%.
Uni Psych Stats (yes, even fucking Psych Stats) was significantly tougher to get a grade close to that, but still manageable.
Uni Intro Stats 1 + 2 starts getting to be a real challenge, one I couldn't even tackle due to 2, where you must utilize literally everything you'd learned from a previous term of Stats for more complex pile-ups of equations to determine macro probabilities without and within several variously-grouped groups of subjects.
Uni Intro Calculus I dared not even attempt. I have heard tales of men going mad, bursting into flame, transforming into beasts, tearing themselves apart, vanishing from existence, and other sordid fates from those halls of insanity.

It takes a fucking hero among the masses to ascend the ranks of the Mathematics echelons. Through natural-born affinity, a gifted environment, or sheer determination and effort, these people do what no one gives a single fuck of credit for, yet could never even breach in their lifetimes.

I have an average IQ and no gf. I do well in university math courses though.

I hate feeling like I'm going to be alone forever. Everyone says such nice things about me but no one wants to date me.

>hurr durr, you dun wan high iq boy, being so smart isolates you and makes you miserable hurr durr
>Implying I'm not already isolated and miserable
A 30 point increase would only benefit me.

IQ is bullshit but studying on your own is super hard.

Honestly, smart parents and good teachers make the most impact. You need to put in effort but if you don't have good mentors very few people have the willpower to figure this shit out all on their own.

I don't know if it's related to my IQ but I do have a lot of trouble focusing which naturally affects the time I take to understand whatever it is I'm studying.

You can be a fucktard and a math major at the same time. I am, and many people are tbqh. It just requires either work or good bluffing techniques.

>in physics and psychology
why

>you were born with high IQs

No, they went to good schools just paid attention and developed a strong math foundation.

> smart parents
This
I was born and raised literally around numbers and letters. My mother was very patient teaching me from the beginning. My father helped me a lot with maths as a pre-scholar. In my family there wasn't anybody who: "nerds, don't give him pressure, knowledge is boring!"

My whole family was very cool.(Grandparents, uncle and aunts, cousins, etc.)

On the other side, my grandma made all my homework while I got 10/10 grades as a prescholar.

I literally fucked my uni chance. Never studied before the age of 15. I just tended to look at the books' images and read some shit, and always paid attention in class and asked every question that passed on my mind like a retard.

There are some NLP exercises and frames of POV which can help focus on something you "can't" focus right now.

dear OP. never forget how lucky you are. you are born with an average iq. you will never have to deal with all the baggage that comes with being gifted.

>There are some NLP exercises and frames of POV which can help focus on something you "can't" focus right now.
PLEASE EXPLAIN OR LINK THEN! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!?!?!?!?

>It takes a fucking hero among the masses to ascend the ranks of the Mathematics echelons.
wew lad

To you

t. lazy dumbarse

You're doing exactly that with the entity you call "you". Taking credit for things is practical, but illogical. You cannot control your thoughts, and you cannot control what things you will react positively or negatively too. It's about being randomly granted the experience of life where what influenced "you" actually ended up influencing you.

>I'm too lazy to use my brain so I'll just call people who do well at math talented so I can tell myself it's not my own fault

have you looked into the possibility that you might be a fag

>I don't understand how language works

I am average, I just work harder than you.

>IQ

>hasn't experienced the sublime beauty of penetrating the secrets of the universe in mathematical form

What temporal art could compare to this?

The first thing you have to do is to be in "state".
Everytime you are doing you have passion for, you feel "invincible" and powerful (your limiting beliefs aren't fucking with you). You are in state.

The reason you can't focus on something effectively, is because you don't put enough effort into it. It's hard to explain with the usual "popular" concepts. Those concepts have been manipulated over the centuries and they have "no sense" now.

Go read some books of Tony Robbins or some elite bussinessman. I'm reading a spanish book from Mario Luna right now. It helped me improve and escape from the depression-anxiety cycle I was living months ago.

I don't want to be a shill, but I've read Og Mandino, then Tony Robbins, then some "habits" books from a jew which helped me understand the relationships and the interdependence. I want to read now Robert Kiyosaki and Trump, maybe Ross Jeffries. There are a lot of books which aren't "magic" shit, that aim to the right direction.

Good Luck.

Also, putting "effort" into something involves some vital factors you need. Also, while you are doing something you don't have an interent on your mind will be sabotaging your "motivation", so you will never achieve what you planned.

There is no magic formula. Only mental habits and beliefs, that you need to change voluntarily.

>recommending Tony Robbins unironically

Nobody is going to take you seriously.