Machiavellianism

Is being a Machiavellian the best way to go about your life and interacting with others?

As of recent, I’ve become more self-serving and amoral. I've realised that people are no more than hypocrites, deceivers and liars, and as such I've embraced the life of hypocrisy and deception. I'm not genuine when I'm doing a good deed, I'm only doing it to make people think I'm good. I'm only a chameleon who would do anything to gain an advantage over people and in society.

To me, Socrates was not wise, but an idiot who couldn't hide his power level and as a result was forced to drink hemlock. He should've known better. He should've known that cunning and ruthlessness are the only means to gain whatever you want from life and people, for that is true wisdom.

Other urls found in this thread:

empathicperspectives.blogspot.com/2009/03/big-no-no-empathic-manipulation.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yesterday I smoked a joint and realised life i like Game of Thrones, and that im a loser and thats why my gf left me

You should've been more Machiavellian and should've given her the impression that you're a winner and not a loser, even if you are really a loser. Don't show that shit man, it's unattractive.

>Is being a Machiavellian the best way to go about your life and interacting with others?

No.

>I've realised that people are no more than hypocrites, deceivers and liars, and as such I've embraced the life of hypocrisy and deception.

Many people are also pathologically honest, generous and moral. I tend to consider myself in this way.

You can get far being this way, OP, but you'll have to live with your own conscience. Outside of politics and business, most people will also probably dislike you eventually.

>Is being a Machiavellian the best way to go about your life and interacting with others?
You mean being a humanist republican working tirelessly for the good of your people in between writing a cheeky satire to appease the arrogant princes?

Yes.

Being this edgy backfires since you no longer have access to a large spectrum of human emotion that makes life worthwhile.

You're cheating yourself out of a full life.

“People with no morals often considered themselves more free, but mostly they lacked the ability to feel or love.”

-Chuck the Buk

My problem with most of the so called Machiavellian types is that they tend to chase all kind of arbitrary nonsense like conspicuous wealth and power, thereby betraying that they care a lot about other people's opinions and their position in society. They act like they're too cynical to fall for the games but they keep playing it, like they are playing it 'ironically' and tell themselves that they are therefore less fucked, but they aren't.

The real cunts just opt out of society as much as they can. Hermit master race.

>Many people are also pathologically honest, generous and moral.

Being virtuous is no more than a disguise people use to hide their deceptions and lies.

>I tend to consider myself in this way.

People who tend to consider themselves good, and tell other people this about themselves, are often the most cunning and ill-natured. It's just a disguise.

Just go find Red Pill and gtfo this board.

>Being virtuous is no more than a disguise people use to hide their deceptions and lies.

Maybe for you. Some people have greater senses of community and responsibility than others. Some people can't tell even a small lie without being overcome with guilt.

>People who tend to consider themselves good, and tell other people this about themselves, are often the most cunning and ill-natured. It's just a disguise.

This is an anonymous board though. Do you not feel sadness if you see something bad happening to someone, even those you don't know? That's the basis for acting socially responsible and harmoniously.

Sounds like you are distrusting, paranoid or depressed.

Underrated post.

Machiavellian types must be killed off. They hold no place in a Platonism sense.

Like some other anons said, you can employ Mach behavior to find the ends you want, but then you'll find yourself empty, maybe even guilty about enjoying said ends because of the means.

Plus, he who lives by the sword dies by the sword, but don't take that literally. He who lies is the victim of lies, he who steals is the victim of stealing, etc.

With all that said, I'm a high Mach fuck who has srs problems with relationships because I use people, but I don't attribute that to deciding that I want to be 'more Machiavellian.' It just happens because I'm neurotic and clever. I see something shiny and I grab it.

I see two main problems with Machiavellianism:

1) it isn't a good way to attain power of you live in a developed country with representative democracy. People can sniff out when they're being back-stabbed and will realize you're just a selfish prick who acts out of a narrow self interest. You need to build some bonds of real trust and friendship if you want to network properly and actually build power. If you're in a gang area or a war zone - go for it though. Be as brutal as you want.

2) It's usually based on a weak philosophical premise like egoism or hedonism. Egoism is funny because the endsyou aim for are usually high social position and political honors which are conferred upon you by the people who are supposedly inferior to you. And hedonism is counter productive to discipline needed to acquire power - it makes you weak and vulnerable, and indicates that you lack mastery over the most important person in your world - yourself.

Don't worry about it, user. The non-benevolent sociopaths will eventually be disposed of, but few:most will be spared

>T. One of the most manipulative assholes you'll ever meet in your life
Every time someone ever reacts like this to any overt display or discussion of a Machiavellian or dishonest traits, they are among the most manipulative people youll ever meet

>I have no sense of community, empathy or conscience, so I can't comprehend other people having these things, (precisely because I have little capacity for empathy).

Most Machiavellians are teenage boys, because teenage boys brains have little capacity for empathy.

Exactly the type of slimy projecting moron I am talking about. I said nothing about myself and he presumes all these details about my personal life, including whether or not I condone machiavellianism.

>slimy projecting moron I am talking about. I said nothing about myself and he presumes all these details about my personal life,

Are you describing yourself and the way you responded to my post, by calling me manipulative, with nothing to base that on?

Why are you calling me a moron?

You jumped on the thing that I said about being pathologically honest etc and said I was a manipulative person because of it. Why?

It seems odd to me that you don't think such people exist. How can you not have encountered people like this? Do you think your family and friends lie to you? Do you think everyone is self serving? Do you think no one cares for anyone else?

If you don't think such people exist, then it seems like you don't have the capacity to empathise with people and why they might be like that.

>including whether or not I condone machiavellianism.

Nothing like this was presumed.

lolol

empathicperspectives.blogspot.com/2009/03/big-no-no-empathic-manipulation.html?m=1

Good post.

No, the real cunts opt to mold society to their will. Of course that requires power, and the easiest way to acquire power in our liberal democratic society is wealth.

You see, being virtuous does not mean being a pacifist pleb. If you are virtuous you will have the backing of all other virtuous people. An army of virtuous men, truly convinced you are evil is more dangerous than some mercenaries hired by a Machiavellian prince. If you are virtuous good, it becomes incumbent upon you to smite evil, which is why Machiavellian only serves people like Hitlary Shillton. All of civilization is Virtuous men reining in Amoral actions. We will not Fail, with every Cycle of Civilization more ground is made.

ITT: People who haven't read The Prince (or anything else by Machiavelli)

Oh, hey, it's someone who has actually read Machiavelli.

Your first points refutation is simple:

Hillary Clinton

Rousseau on Machiavelli in The Social Contract:
>"Machiavelli was a proper man and a good citizen; but, being attached to the court of the Medici, he could not help veiling his love of liberty in the midst of his country's oppression. The choice of his detestable hero, Caesar Borgia, clearly enough shows his hidden aim; and the contradiction between the teaching of the Prince and that of the Discourses on Livy and the History of Florence shows that this profound political thinker has so far been studied only by superficial or corrupt readers. The Court of Rome sternly prohibited his book. I can well believe it; for it is that Court it most clearly portrays."

the best part was "could not hide his power level"
>power level

>Plus, he who lives by the sword dies by the sword, but don't take that literally. He who lies is the victim of lies, he who steals is the victim of stealing, etc.

Sounds like some karma bullshit. To me it's, he who doesn't live by the sword, dies by the sword. He who doesn't lie is the victim of lies. He who doesn't steal is the victim of stealing, etc.

Like I said, I'm not virtuous because I'm good, I'm virtuous because it's advantageous to me. People will see me as the paragon of virtuousness. This opens the opportunity for many underhand deceptions.

Think of it in terms of fish: your average catfish will eat pretty much any measly flesh that it can come across. It lives by the sword. However, the strongest of the catfish will eat other small fish and grow to be large, only to be poached by some Budweiser'd redneck who spotted the fish only because it was so big (and successful). The same is true with us humans. If I'm successful enough to be noticed, I introduce larger competition to the mix. Soon Trump himself will be suppressing me.

real niggaz