What's some essential feminist literature?

What's some essential feminist literature?

SCUM Manifesto

The Second Sex

this desu

my ASS lmao

This, it may change your entire opinion

dude... LOL

ikr i fucking lol'd irl

I thought Susan Friedman's 'Mappings: Feminism and the Cultural Geographies of Encounter' was quite a reasonable book.

Worst possible choice

infinite jest

Atwood's handmaids tale is at least on par quality size as 1984

The Handmaiden's Tale is fucking BLAND for a dystopian novel.

Left Hand of Darkness is a decent analysis of gender wrapped in a scifi novel.

Or you could just shake off your victim complex.

The Handmaid's Tale*

This Sex Which is Not One, Irigaray
Gender Trouble, Butler

but if you want to learn anything from the arguments made in these or any other worthwhile feminist text, you should be incredibly familiar with the entire psychoanalytic, philosophical, and post-Hegelian-theoretical tradition (i.e., Marx and the Marxists)

>worthwhile feminist text

I-Robot

my peenus weenus

Sexual Personae

>your local misogynist
>singular
Where the fuck do they think I live?

dude don't be a pleb. People who dismiss feminism just reveal that they've never studied literature at an academic level

The foreign language bookstore in Beijing has "Black Feminist Thought". Maybe you could start there.

Like real stuff and not this BS third wave feminism?

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

I Love Dick by Kraus
Susan Sontag

Just read Twilght and 50 Shades of Gray
between the two of them it represents about 90% of female thought
if you want to understand the lesbians and cluster b personality disorder types than you read Dworkin and Naomi Woolfe et al

I like Woolf, a little bit. Maybe a 6/10. Regardless, my WORST mistake was reading A Room of One's Own for the first time in a feminism class with fifteen rich white girls and a professor who'd made her bread off pushing that shit down people's throats. DEAR GOD MAN DON'T TAKE ME BACK THERE.

>it may change your entire opinion

Really didn't change my opinion at all, I had to take a course in feminist philosophy at university, and I didn't find the arguments impressive at all; especially the ones that flat out denied any essentialism in female or male behavior, which is practically an anti-scientific belief.

>wasting your time studying orthodox doctrines rather than expanding your horizons to read things outside your comfort zone
Why? You only live once.

I feel you. Nothing ruins a book more than having it shoved down your throat. I also think it is pathetic that modern feminists try to claim old feminists as their own because the original feminists actually got women the right to vote and changed the way people thought of women.

But modern feminists bitch about safe spaces and fat shaming.

The Bible

Daily reminder that feminism is cancer.

Women should be at home rearing the children since that is their biological function. Men should be the ones going out to work to provide for the family.

Blood and Guts in High School

>an anti-scientific belief
Your digits don't hide your fedora you filthy poitivist.

Twilight.

Lmao, alt-right for the win! Trump 2016!

How old are you?

Read The Waves.

I'm not as well read as some people here, but so far The Waves is my favorite book of all time. That's without having read much Joyce however.

>The Origin of the Family, Private Property, and the State
>Kollontai
>Zetkin
>Luxemburg
>Beauvoir

The Manipulated man by Esther Vilar

pussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussypussyv