What does it truly mean to be an educated person?

What does it truly mean to be an educated person?

>Pic not related.

Either have at least BS in Computer Science or alternatively a phd in some other STEM field. Studying non-STEM subjects does not compute as getting educated since it's like reading the Twilight books.

Know enough to know how little you actually know

I'd argue that a MSci is the very minimum as you get to do some actual research and come up with new ideas rather than just learn other peoples'

Not asking stupid questions in a board for science and maths

That's the thing though....science and math is full of stupid questions. That's how we get to the really SMART questions.

While acquiring more knowledge

>SMART questions.

Relevance. Plain and simple sometimes.

>like reading Twilight books
topkek

>mixtape

Do people forget what that means? It means other people's songs you record to actual magnetic tape like a cassette. It doesn't mean encoding your own singing to a CD.

A mixtape (also mix-tape or mix tape) is a home-made compilation of music (typically copyrighted songs taken from other sources) recorded in a specific order, traditionally onto an audio cassette, though CD or MP3 playlist formats are now more common.

This. A lot of STEM-areas are nothing but cramming stuff other people have discovered. IMO you'd have to go for something that would let you be innovative

You major in maths to become envious of smarter mathematicians.

You major in engineering to get good at making cheat sheets.

You major in physics to popularize science on tv.

You major in chemistry to become a wizard.

You major in biology to sit behind hot chicks in class.

You major in psychology to daydream professionally.

You major in english to justify walking around with pretentious novels.

You major in history to avoid awkward silence at dinner tables.

You major in art to excuse being bad at making art.

You major in CS to get better at typing.

Being able to admit you're wrong, allowing criticism, and entertaining other view points.

Thank you abridged wikipedia article poster for reinfornicating my point.

>reinfornicating

Good job, autocorrect.

if you have had an education.

>you major in biology to fuck around with animals and climb trees / go scuba diving

>you major in psychology because you weren't good at maths

fixed that for you user

>you major in because you weren't good at maths
ftfy

yfw biology contains actual math

>theoretical math

What did he mean by this?

Theoretical math is math that in theory should be meaningful but is so abstract or convoluted that no one cares about it for at least 100 years after it is discovered, giving its creator no credit or acknowledgement.

These mathematicians share more in common with artists than with applicable mathematicians (those who work with math that has been confirmed to do something meaningful).

Shitty definition. You obviously never majored in "theoretical math".

I usually go by the classic liberal arts ideology from the humanists in the Italian renaissance.

>inb4 memesters confusing modern day liberal arts with that of the past

Dank memes detected

That's just not being autistic

Fucking lib arts brainlets. When will they learn? Oh thats right, never, because theyre brainlets LOL!

>I usually go by the classic liberal arts ideology from the humanists in the Italian renaissance.
B-B-BUT SCIENCE IS THE ULTIMATE TRUTH!!!!! WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LEARN ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES MY AUTISTICALLY SPECIFIC FIELD OF STUDY???????????

Shhh.
Hear that?
Its the sound of severe rear trauma.

To be an educated person is being able to start a new society not far from yours, only with the knowledge/experience you and people in your group have.

To know where your freedom ends and other people's begin.