Numberphile

what does Veeky Forums think of numberphile?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmKix-75dsg
youtube.com/watch?v=toap7iPpTbs
youtube.com/watch?v=eaEeEbP16Wg
youtu.be/MfzNJE4CK_s
youtube.com/watch?v=vK0-vXkiJHw
youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
youtube.com/watch?v=G3NRLnrgbXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking love it

what would happen if you showed wildburger how to construct graham's number?

He would prove it is [math]10^{200}[/math]

Good stuff. Them and Computerphile. Learning LaTex bridges alot of the gaps

who's your favorite professor across all of bradys channels?
Mine is probably moriarty or the particle physicist

That's brilliant kek

love the channel, post your favorite vids?

>what does Veeky Forums think of numberphile?
he's a massive faggot, like all youtube whores

>that filename

go away shill

Cliff Stoll
I know it's probably just a character, but I love the crazy Doc Brown feel

Someone please post the copy pasta

Gotta be honest, Numberphile got me hooked on mathematics a few years ago. I know the channel is just a pop-math memefest, but I gotta give credit where credit's due.

Periodic Videos is also the shit.

fuck off nick

I also like vihart

vihart seems to "popsci ifls XD" for my taste.
>tau is a good concept tho

HEY GUYS 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + ... = -1/12

Literally the IFLScience of Mathematics

Vihart is shit. Also a retarded liberal.

youtube.com/watch?v=hmKix-75dsg
youtube.com/watch?v=toap7iPpTbs
youtube.com/watch?v=eaEeEbP16Wg

>supporting tau

The concentration camp is down the hallway to the left

the arrow of time guy is pretty charismatic

Cancer.

People who know him apparently say he's really like that. Some people are just genuinely enthusiastic.

bro, vihart is muh bae! :P

anyone got the vsauce version of this image and maybe some others?

Neil, from Periodic Videos.

GET OUT OF Veeky Forums YOU FUCKING SHILLS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a pretty okay high level conceptual summary that occasionally dips into detail, and is thus as much (and more) entertainment, than education. As an extreme layman, this is readily apparent.

It definitely has a popsci format though. Like the nonsense about using probability theory to figure if you're sick or not, or to do extremely naive disease modeling. Complete garbage, and one of the cases where people really are better to just stick to their own field. The heuristic laid out is of little if any utility.

> topkek

Tadashi Tokieda's videos on Numberphile are really fun to watch. The animation is getting better too. Banana man is really lame though.

Moriarty is a compelling person. He is my favorite.

Example of Tadashi youtu.be/MfzNJE4CK_s

>The animation is getting better too.
The animations are getting excessive.

made me spill my coffee

I like banana man, but only because he looks exactly like how I pictured one of the characters from Anathem.

Weird reason to give someone a pass, but there you go.

The guy who focuses on the grapichal stuff (jpeg, light field cam) on compiterphile

its an amazing channel

tadashi
james grimes like 4 years ago

All of Brady's channels are great, I think my favourite professors are probably Mike Merrifield and Ed Copeland, just because they talk about some really out there stuff. Ed Copeland's voice is oddly soothing.

My favourite channel of his might be Objectivity, though.

Pic related.

I dunno, he grew on me somehow. Would love to be in one of his classes.

>Objectivity
Stop objectifiying, SHITLORD!

Made me kek

I hate the sound of their markers on that fucking brown recycled paper they use. Why can't they use an ipad or a damn whiteboard?! REEEEE

I hate everything.

Here's your videogames-sauce image.

I talked to the guy who made this image once.

Yeah we all have that one guy who spergs out in public about their internet habits.
Could at least attach an interesting story.

They never explain anything.

>Hey here's this cool fact about math. we all know 1 = 1, but did you know that 1 actually = 2?
>why does it work this way? we'll look at a proof euler did 500 years ago on the back of a napkin
>the actually maths and meaning is too confusing to explain, so here is this incredibly simplistic and actually wrong proof using basic high school algebra
> we actually break several rules of math here but we're allowed to do that because actually explaining things would be too hard for our audience to understand
>and there you have it, 1 =2

This is why Mathologer is superior.
He actually goes all out usually when it comes to explaining what is presented.
Secondly, he doesn't rely on a roster of quirky professor stereotypes to make it entertaining.

I'll give Numberphile credit for the whole interaction between lecturer and cameraman, Brady is what makes those channels great.

I still refuse to believe this shit.

yeah you should because its flawed as fuck

It would be extremely painful.

I don't like them, they're very impolite and generally not very pleasant. I guess you can't expect much from a guy who makes Vsauce memes.

Also, I guess I'm that guy as well as I never spoke to them in real life, only over the internet.

>doesn't rely on a roster of quirky professor stereotypes to make it entertaining
But Mathologer is a professor stereotype. I took Calc 2 and Calc 3 with one of his doppelgangers.

youtube.com/watch?v=vK0-vXkiJHw

You can get any answer for 1+2+3+..., because it's divergent. Same as 1/0.

Who else /3blue1brown/ here?
youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
Top quality shit.

The big hunk guy who is always handling the materials in Periodic Videos and never speaks.

Anyone else /electrical/? What do you think of this guy? I could do without the selling out but I love some of his circuits.

Selling out is an eventuality that comes with popularity. I don't blame anyone who sells out on youtube as long as their videos are still entertaining.

He made such a big deal out if with the watch, and now it's a common occurrence. But yeah, he's still on point. Last vid was little boring tho.

Whoa, does that guy have autism?

>Neil

FUCKING THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=G3NRLnrgbXc

ugh, not a fan to be honest. hos whole schtick is "look at me be an idiot everyone". gets old before the video even starts.

Except he's not an idiot, his projects are actually quite brilliant.

kek

He's a smart guy

Robert bowley

Woops it's roger

PBS SpaceTime actually goes into undergrad tier detail
colinfurze because hes actually fucking mental
Veritasium and MiniutePhysics are pretty decent too on a more memey level

>minutephysics

kill yourself

Not sure if he's a professor but the comedian guy who does calculator unboxings.

>kill yourself
Lead by example then.

>PBS SpaceTime actually goes into undergrad tier detail
SpaceTime is pretty good, I like how they dropped the pandering to the absolutely promising demographic of brownies.

>colinfurze because hes actually fucking mental
Can agree, this guy is nuts and I love it.
I feel tough he should build something jet related again.

>all these replies
>not one talking about Moriarty being an avid kool-aid drinker
I'm not sure if this was bait but either way the post was a success

Inferior to Photonicinduction

Yeah fuck off. He might act like an idiot but his engineering work is astounding and he posts all his projects online for free

well, obviously

1) I want to marry Professor Stankova so badly
2) I want Simon Pampena to be my best friend
3) I want to hang out on weekends with James Grime

But none of them are as good as Wildberger.

not bad

You mean Matt Parker? He used to be a math teacher according to Wikipedia.

great channel, love the playlist about linear equations

300K starting, literally any job you want. Even internet comedian

Ed Motherfucking Copeland. That nerdy bastard warms the cockles of my heart with his shy enthusiasm. I'd drink his bathwater in a heartbeat.

>what is analytical continuation
>I'm 12 and refuse to learn more about a subject other than my basic introduction in high school

Well, I posted about this divergence, 'cause that's easiest to say. I'm actually 20 and I study IT so i know about that. Yes, i know, i still know shit and i should hang myself, and everything i like is total bullshit, and i cant say anything and im wrong

You don't know shit, you should hang yourself, and every you like is total bullshit, and you can't say anything, you're wrong.

Thank you user, I got back my faith in humanity. Maybe not everything is lost yet :)

>study IT

what

Oh my apologies, Computer Science if you prefer, or if it has to be closer to truth then Informatics

Putting the = between the sum and -1/12 is a bit trollish I think. Zeta at -1 is equal to -1/12 but the sum of the naturals isn't. Have you tried to numerically calculate the analytic continuation of the zeta function? It's not as simple as the what you think it is and it doesn't at all turn into the sum of naturals at -1. I think the original numberphile video is flawed because it compares what happens on the real axis without the continuation with the continuation result.

this is the only acceptable answer.
>informative
>hilarious
>completely insane
>klein bottles

Yeah, she's been sipping dat sweet SJW coolaid recently but some of her older videos are good.

THISSSSS

AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE CHEMISTRY FOR FUCK SAKE

Crash Course astrophysics was lit desu

guess im checking up on my lad Phil Plait

This guy is speaking truth, these are the only lads who actually try to keep the level up. Add Laurence Eaves to that

oh dog hes tweeting about hillary

damn

At least computer science sees calculus.