About a month ago I had the worst string of panic attacks in my life. I couldn't stop shaking for nearly 2 days...

About a month ago I had the worst string of panic attacks in my life. I couldn't stop shaking for nearly 2 days, got nauses and vomited. I was convinced I had brain cancer. I even cried a few times for seemingly NO REASON, which further supported the brain tumor idea.. When I went to the doctor and had abnormal liver enzymes (AST 67 ALT 94) I was convinced it was the end. The cancer had spread to my liver from my brain.

I got another liver test and came back normal, saw a neurologist and be said it's all anxiety.

I saw a psychiatrist on the 8th and started cymbalta. Since then I haven't been able to shake the feeling that I'm loosing it. Everything feels like a dream. Sometimes I have a hard time sorting my memories. Confusing some dream memories with real life. Last night I had a vivid nightmare and was upset for a few minutes, it took me two minutes to realize it was all a dream

I'm also having existential issues. Why am I here, what is the point, am I going crazy, society is so fragile, life is so fragile...

Today I was driving home and on my way I saw a mailbox and firehydrant. In the corner of my eye. I was sure it was a person about to step in the road. Like 99%. When I looked at it for a second I realized it was just a mailbox

Sometimes I will think I hear a phone ringing.

I have had this happen before. I've also had delusions of medical problems. I was convinced I had a brain tumor a while back. I also have small sparks or flashes light in my vision ocassionally, especially when moving my head. I have had it looked at my an Opthomoligist and they said my eyes are fine.

Could this be the start of schizophrenia? I have seen a Psychiatrist, but he thinks it's just ocd and anxiety.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wU1kTuVSUOw
youtube.com/watch?v=l_qsBOImybQ
precious-testimonies.com/Hope_Encouragement/p-t/stacey_tbn.htm)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>About a month ago I had the worst string of panic attacks in my life. I couldn't stop shaking for nearly 2 days, got nauses and vomited. I was convinced I had brain cancer. I even cried a few times for seemingly NO REASON, which further supported the brain tumor idea.

lol, what the fuck? That doesn't support your brain tumor idea at all. What it "supports" is that you're obviously being a hypochondriac. If you have a real problem you'll know about it, stop looking for trouble.

I would tell your psychiatrist next time you see him about the occurrence. It sounds like there's a chance. Have you had any other hallucinations? Derealization ( feeling as if you are losing a grip on reality ) is also a symptom of schizophrenia. Address all of this with your doctor and see what he says, diagnoses are liable to change, especially if you have just started seeing the psychiatrist. Best of luck friend.

t. Bipolar fag.

I've told my doctor. No hallucinations or delusions. He said it's OCD and Anxiety with possible Bipolar manic episodes.

I'm not sure I agree though. Sometimes I get paranoid. Things like the government might be watching my Internet because I am an Iranian who travels to Iran frequently and shit like that.

I have been seeing him for 2 years, I have also seen other psyciatrjsts who think the same thing [OCD and Depression]

He also dismissed the mailbox thing at
As a illusion and not a halucination. He said if it was a schizophrenic halucinations I would not have noticed it was a mailbox right away

>It sounds like there's a chance.

Yes, there's a very good chance the more op goes to see psychiatrists the more likely it is one will dole out another bullshit psych diagnosis so they can peddle more antipsychotics.

How asinine can people be.

That might sound cruel and dismissive, but it's the best response for what you've relayed.

>Cymbalta
Get off the stupid shit drug that you don't need.

What do you mean? I think there's a legitimate chance.

Thats not an insane thing to think user.

You should look into getting a valium perscription if this drug makes you uncomfortable. Good shit. Barring that, try meditation and exercise, and tey to eat very healthy. Good luck

Sounds like shizophrenia

Op here. Any oth3r opinions?

you are having a nervous breakdown / existential crisis. Just smoke a shitload of weed or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=wU1kTuVSUOw

Nobody on here is as qualified as a Psychiatrist to tell you whats happening.

Op. If you're not literally hearing or seeing things then you don't have schizo. Jesus fuck.

Hallucinations aren't necessarily part of schizophrenia.

> (You)
>Hallucinations aren't necessarily part of schizophrenia.
Yeah but neither is anything OP posted

You aren't schizophrenic. These are panic / anxiety attacks.

As someone who's gone through extreme hypochondria I'm going to just say right out that everything you're feeling is anxiety. All these small things you think are symptoms of serious illness are actually just manifestations of the extreme stress you're putting on yourself.

Not being able to focus as much, fuzzy memory, depersonalisation - these are all benign and not to be worried about. Ultimately you're letting your anxiety feed back into itself and creating a continuous loop of feeling anxious then feeling shit from the strain the anxiety puts on you then feeling anxious for feeling so shit etc.

this is absolutely on point

You're dumping extreme amounts of adrenaline into your body for hours every day. It's hard on your body.

I don't. You're framing ordinary stuff as "muh schizophrenia", which is probably the only marked perceptual delusion you're suffering from.

Yeah in a few days you'll be crazy

The existential issues are propably the root cause of your anxiety.

I came to the conclusion that life is like waiting in a doctors office. When its over, you wont remember any of it and the wait is mostly pointless, but theres no reason to suffer through it. Just make the best of it you can. You will be quite relieved when the wait is over too.

Nothing you said indicates schizo. Nothing.

Sounds like me before I was diagnosed as shizotypal

toughen up buttercup

thats all i got for ya
stop thinking about stuff so much
and maybe take that mind changing recreational drugs

OCD and Anxiey

High likely hood of schizopjrenic

>Psychiatrist
>qualified to tell anyone about anything

That image gave me a new form of cancer.

I was kinda like that after a bad trip on some drug. Hop on benzos and start meditating whenever you have free time. Benzos gave me my life back desu

if you are around 18 years old and your family has a history of schizophrenia you are probably in the danger zone. i would recommend that you do not take any form of psychedelic drugs and take it as fucking easy as possible. i have worked with various schizophrenics and there is a way to live with it. be very aware of what reality is. don't give in to your hallucinations. they are figments of your brain. and don't indulge in the paranoia. try to live a normal life. avoid stress. and please, if you find yourself slipping away, go to a doctor or psychiatrist. from what i am reading you are experiencing hallucinations and have bouts of paranoia. take care and good luck. don't give in.

Ignore this dumb prick. Again, I want to make it very clear that what you're experiencing is completely normal. After watching how this thread shook out, I'll bother breaking it down explicitly and mechanically:

>About a month ago I had the worst string of panic attacks in my life. I couldn't stop shaking for nearly 2 days, got nauses and vomited.
This is typical of long term anxiety, stress, and especially panic attacks. I've had panic attacks that practically resembled a stroke.

>I even cried a few times for seemingly NO REASON
Not being aware of a reason does not imply there isn't one. Stop reaching for strictly mechanical causes (tumor compression, etc) despite nothing else to indicate them, and dig into your own psyche a bit. Your mental state is clearly off right now, for whatever reason. Sounds like you're running away from something.

>saw a neurologist and be said it's all anxiety.
For once, some dickhead saying it's all anxiety is probably mostly right.

>I saw a psychiatrist on the 8th and started cymbalta.
Again, stop taking your shitty drug etc. Clearly the rest of your issues correlate heavily.

>Everything feels like a dream.
Derealization and depersonalization are normal with certain drugs, anxiety, mental states, etc. Again, ask yourself some real questions, and try to discover real answers.

>Sometimes I have a hard time sorting my memories.
Anxiety. Cripples working memory etc. Could also be histamine.

>I'm also having existential issues.
Normal. Also a good thing.

>Today I was driving home and on my way I saw a mailbox and firehydrant. In the corner of my eye. I was sure it was a person about to step in the road.
180% normal. This happens to everyone occasionally. A brief flash where something is experienced a way other than how it actually is. Many reasons for this. You'll notice in your example your brain's predictor networks assumed a threat, or risky situation.

>Sometimes I will think I hear a phone ringing.
Happens. When I'm tired, occasionally, I hear people talking, hear voices in my head, hear sounds combine into music or sounds that aren't actually there. It happens.

>I've also had delusions of medical problems.
I wouldn't frame it as "delusions", but yes, you definitely seem to, for reasons you know better than I, believe there is something wrong with you and you're anchoring yourself on anything that remotely fits. Even when it doesn;'t make shit for sense. This is your psyche trying to generate viable predictions and alleviate the anxiety of the unknown. Part of risk assessment and handling future unknown threats.

Something might well be wrong with you, so you ought to stop doing that, and attempt to think clearly.

> I also have small sparks or flashes light in my vision ocassionally, especially when moving my head.
Happens to me all the time, although I have visual snow. One ting of note, is this primarily in the dark, and when moving your eyes? Is your vision desaturated? Do your knees ever buckle? Do you have a nystagmus?

>I was convinced I had a brain tumor a while back.
All this "I was convinced, I was convinced". By whom? By you. And yet you seem completely aware you don't actually firmly know shit. You're also fully aware of the margin of expectable error you're dealing with. So why do this? Stop getting yourself all convinced to the point where you have to work your way out of it and sort through all this ridiculous overhead that's creating all your distortions in reasoning.

>Could this be the start of schizophrenia?
Very doubtfully.
>I have seen a Psychiatrist, but he thinks it's just ocd and anxiety.
Psychiatrists are quacks and hacks, but by golly by gosh, I think this ones actually right. Minus the OCD, but they probably saw things we didn't.

Just stop. Find your real problems. Stop anchoring your identity on horseshit and find the real causes.

Op here,

extremely insightful.

Thanks.

This sounds like the early symptoms of shizophrenia
I hope you find help

You're welcome. I'm glad my experiences are of use.

Another dumb prick.

Pro-tip, stop being a dumb prick.

You're not going crazy.
It's just anxiety.
Ignore the retards.

Dude please seek help.

I went through the same thing before I started developing Schizophrenia. I started thinking I had something wrong with me and searched all over the internet looking for answers. I thought I was becoming a sociopath, I thought I had all these weird disorders. I started believing in weird rationalizations. I started to feel emotionless and confused.

Then the next stage was searching for the meaning of life. I was slowly disconnecting from reality and basically having an existential crisis.

Then I started having hallucinations like yourself. First it was objects being something other than they really were, then it progressively got worse. I started seeing synchronicity everywhere, looking at the clock at strange times, my computer started acting weird, people were acting strange... etc.

Please seek help ASAP, but don't freak out. Your story is extremely similar to mine before the eventually downward spiral. Please seek professional help or keep it in mind, but if you want please also try my healing audio. It might help a lot. In fact, I'm confident it's powerful enough to possibly prevent the onset if used correctly.

Be careful, stay safe.

completely rational response

this user seems to have a grip on things

finishes with

'try my healing audio'

i lost it

It's probably hormonal. Have you been under more stress lately? Look up "adrenal insufficiency".

youtube.com/watch?v=l_qsBOImybQ

Sorry forgot the link

I'm trying to obtain information to help us because we're never going to get cured by psychiatry - most likely only treated, and I believe this is possibly a cure to all mental illness because I'm targeting Schizophrenia and it is essentially the "cancer" of mental illness.

I've done research and searched from all fronts in order to develop this audio, both scientific and spiritual. This audio is only a *prototype* and I've already seen my IQ jump back up approximately 15 points in two days (granted, mine is - or was - relatively bad).

Seems reasonable

You have nothing to lose OP. A little earwax won't kill you. A slightly distorted sense of hearing is part of the healing process and it subsides over a short period of time. In fact, I've recently learned that it can be avoided by using speakers or playing the audio out loud and also that it works much more potent that way.

In fact, placing the audio loudly by your head is the most effective use of this audio. One Christian man was cured of Schizophrenia after 26 years by this "audio method" by placing a loud speaker by his knee - although I'd imagine his was weakened by then. Link here (precious-testimonies.com/Hope_Encouragement/p-t/stacey_tbn.htm) and I made a completely new audio that can expedite the healing process.

It was inspired by Solfeggio frequencies and a sound heard from a divine saint, and I created a prototype audio much more potent than them.

I almost guarantee I'll be completely recovered within 1-2 years. I promise you, and when that day comes I'll be on this forum sharing my methodology.

Print this post and show your psychiatrist or other mental health professional

you are a fucking nutcase dude

> (You)
>you are a fucking nutcase dude
No I am not. I am simply trying to cure myself and others

Hello! I saw your post and was immediately reminded of the fact that I went through the same exact thing several months ago! Here is what I went through:

I would hear a (normal) sound off in the distance and I'd have to go looking for the source of the sound, or else I'd be anxious. Sometimes I couldn't find the source, and I'd immediately start panicking. And yes, I also heard things that one could interpret as "murmurs".
If I heard anything that I perceived as a possible hallucination, I would immediately ask the people around me if they heard it as well.
I would often go into a super quite room and stay there for a few minutes straight trying to listen for any "voices".
I would Google things like "fear of schizophrenia" and read every single thread on every single forum dedicated to anxiety disorders.
I would waste hours and hours reading about the signs of schizophrenia and comparing those signs to my own life history and experiences.
I would read about the types of thoughts people with schizophrenia have, and later I would get similar types of thoughts (even though I didn't believe them). For example, I read that people with the condition often feel that others are out to get them. So one day while walking in the park, I heard some people whispering nearby. I was immediately hit with the thought, "I bet those people are out to get me!" Even though looking back I actually didn't think they were out to get me, in the moment I started panicking and thought, "See! I'm totally schizophrenic! NOOOOOO!"

I know how difficult it is to go through something like this. You probably feel like your life will change forever, right? The truth is, no one can tell you whether or not you will develop the disorder, but the chances are so small, it's not even worth worrying about! And the little "signs" you are having are not signs of the onset of schizophrenia. It's simply your brain trying to find "proof" that your obsession is real, even though it is not. Believe me, I've been through it myself.

What helped me overcome this fear was slowly not responding to and freaking out about every single "mysterious" sound I heard. Oddly enough, I eventually stopped noticing any weird sounds and no longer heard any "voices" (which in reality was my brain turning real sounds into voices since I was so vigilant about that). I would also try to occupy my brain with something else too, like reading my favorite book or listening to good music.

Please try to accept the uncertainty of developing it, or else you'll lose 6 months of your life to this fear like I did. Whenever you find yourself freaking out about a voice-like sound or "delusional" thought, try not to figure out where it came from or whether or not you believe the thought. It will be hard at first, but eventually you'll realize how silly your fear was. Feel free to ask anything else! :)

i actually work with schizophrenics every day. how am i a dumb prick. it's my fucking job. what is your experience? this dude may be falling into a psychosis for fuck's sake.

Op here, I'm 22.5

You're being dumb because those are not hallucinations. Seeing a mailbox as a person, in the dark, for half a second is an illusion, not halucination. Nothing he wrote about is indicative of hallucinations or delusions. He does not fit into even a single criteria for the DSM-IV diagnostic for schizophrenia from what he has written. It's more likely that OP has a severe form of Pure O OCD

What he is showing are signs of panic disorder, OCD, and Anxiety Disorder. If he was falling into a psycosis he wouldn't know by definition.