Black Panther member criticizes Isaac Newton

start at 13:40 youtube.com/watch?v=8a-hxmZNG70

he mentions that the text books say Isaac Newton discovered the law of gravity and says thats wrong, it was the first conscious man that discovered gravity

WE

WUZ

Well isn't the guy technically right?

Poor guy didn't start with the Greeks, because if he had he would've realized that gravity isn't intuitive. Aristotle thought objects fell at a constant velocity.

of course he didnt "discover" gravity, he's not the first person to figure out that things fall. What he did was create the idea of universal gravitation, and the formula to mathematically calculate the effects.

No.

Gravity was not even thought of as a concept until Galileo.

And specifically the "laws of motion" were not made until Newton. Even if someone knew about gravity, doesn't mean they knew the laws by which it operated.

Also, newton didn't find the law of gravity it was Einstein. Newton formulated the laws of motion.

No

But wouldn't the first man who ever existed be the one to discover gravity..more so than Einstein

He would be the first to discover that things fall (except not, because apes and crows can tell things fall and make predictions based on it too.)

Things falling=/= gravitation. Gravitation refers to the theory of objects being pulled to each other via a force that is based on their masses.

but didn't the Ancient Egyptians understand General Relativity way before Einstein?

No, I think you might be confusing the ancient egyptians with the ancient aliens, who came after.

No.

That "first man" did not even know what gravity was. Yes he thew something and it fell. Does not mean he knew what gravity was. People though things fell for all sorts of reasons but it wasn't until Galileo that people accurately knew why things fell. And it took Einstein to get the current theory of gravitation that we now know today.

Its like saying, "the first couple knew all pregnancy". It took modern science to get an accurate understanding of what pregnancy is and what actually happens throughout the 9 months of pregnancy.

Sometimes a comment comes along that makes me entirely happy

That was the ancient Korean empire

one thing that always concerns me with scientists who name a scientific principle after themselves- aliens already discovered these things and in far more detail so you can ram your insecurity titles up your fucking anus

Guys....without acting all sarcastic

describe to me why this guy is wrong in the video?

Read the thread, it's only 16 posts.

The first conscious man was black. So he's wrong.

the guy is right but for the wrong reasons.

there's no proof that large bodies of mass attract other masses.

Fucking hyperwar, ruined everything

Newton a shit!

Archimedes discovered Calculus 2000 years before Newton was even fucking born. That stupid wig wearing nancy boy ain't got nothin' to be proud of.