Being a psychopath is the most logical way to live

Being a psychopath is the most logical way to live.

If the ultimate goal of a human being is to pass on his genes, killing your parents and collecting insurance money will greatly improve your quality of life and chances that you will have offspring.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.media.mit.edu/~minsky/eb9.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

O_____>

Better chance of spending life in prison lol

Actually killing yourself as quickly as possible is the most logical way to live because you never chose to be born and don't personally benefit in any way from having your genes persist on the planet in the form of offspring.

You misunderstood my post, I am talking about ways of living not whether or not you should live.

>implying there is a default goal
You are what you choose to be user
Just be your best self

There is a default goal ingrained in human nature. All living organisms have this shared goal.

Killing yourself is a way of living.

>Being a psychopath is the most logical way to live
Not when the result is social ostracism, imprisonment, injury or death

Don't play with language, it just makes you look stupid.

>If the ultimate goal of a human being is to pass on his genes

Evolution does not work with goals. It can be handy for some purposes to think as though it does, but it doesn't.

You're the one playing with language. Killing yourself is definitely a way of living and it's also a perfectly valid option for the question of what to do with your life.

Suicide is not a way to live, it's by definition a way to die. Don't reply to this thread again please.

The refutation lies in reality. If psychopathy genuinely was a superior strategy we would have evolved to all be psychopaths. Althought obviously that hinges on the children of psychopaths being more likely to be psychopaths themselves which i'm not certain is true

It's both. You stop replying, your arbitrary rules are retarded.

No it's not. You are wrong by definition. These aren't my arbitrary rules, it's just reality. Let me remind you that you are on Veeky Forums.

Don't you ever fucking reply to me again unless it's to seriously contribute to my thread

It's not wrong by definition. You have a life. You can choose the way of living that is travelling to a gun store, purchasing a shotgun, and blowing your brains out. Then you will be dead. No definition is going to make any of that suddenly stop being true, you're just autistically offended by the concept of dying for some reason even though every other realistic way of living you can come up with will also end in you dying.

Again you play with language. Your posts just boil down to the assertion that people eventually die, and therefore a way of living is the same as a way of dying. This is fundamentally dishonest, since death and life are entirely opposites.

Holly shit is he autistic

Wasn't me

>a way of living is the same as a way of dying
Not the guy you are responding to, but you havent posted any good justification for why there is a difference between the two

>opposites

You're a sloppy thinker.

web.media.mit.edu/~minsky/eb9.html

Start reading here:

>Dumbbell Ideas and Dispositions..................................................... 9

Only if you're a brainlet with a caricatural (and incorrect) view of evolution.
Kin selection is a thing you know. Your first grader view can't account for ants.

>a way of living
I continue to live.

>a way of dying
I die.

There's your problem. Core assumption is faulty, the rest falls away.

Don't get me wrong, I don't deny that a massive amount proportion of human behaviors, if traced to their axiomatic basis, have attracting a mate near, as, or part of their core. But it's not all of life. I'm a 22 year old virgin that's never even tried. If my ultimate goal was to generate offspring, how could this be so? I might generate them later, but it's not a desired outcome now. Some people deliberately don't have children.

Me and my father argued about this as well. I never came to quite understand his reasoning. I wish I could ask him.

>I continue to live.
Literally impossible, you die eventually either way. In both cases you are just choosing what kind of life you pursue up until your death

And you demonstrated you misunderstood evolution again

>a way of living
>I continue to live.

That's not what a way of living is. A way of playing the guitar isn't "I continue to play the guitar." It's "I'm going to play the chords to this Charlie Parker song" or "I'm going to do heavily distorted acid rock pentatonic solos." You're injecting this need for prolonging your participation in the act and that's your own issue, not a definition.

Without trying to sound rude or offensive, did your father die?

Yes.

>choice
>rational self interest
This is a science board.

This is the only good answer.

Then why are you still here?

>goal
>of life
why won't this meme die?

no there is a behavioral tendency shared by most sexual living things since it was selected for (organisms that don't have this drive don't pass on their genes), that's not the same as goal.

Anthropics is hard to expel from your thinking

I'm sorry to hear that.

>Being a psychopath is the most logical way to live.
probably not. see picture

Why do so many people fall for this shit. Evolution is only effective as a method for describing and explaining how we came to be and the living world came to be. It has no bearing on our personal existence or experience. If you want to spend your life only concerned with procreation then sure go ahead. But you can't say that that is everyone's purpose. That's getting into some cosmic religious attitudes

Being rich doesn't improve your chances of mating by much unless you were already a suitable partner to begin with, in which case you just increase your ability to encounter partners you find more favorable. Also--
>killing your parents to collect the insurance money
Have you not watched a single episode of any police procedural ever? That's one of the FIRST things that police AND insurance agents look for. It would be infinitely easier to use your lack of empathy to ruthlessly climb the corporate ladder and be a rich bastard with alive parents.

When nihilism and autism collide