>Faulkner above Borges
>Calderon not olympian gods-tier

>Spaniard at that top
All seems to be in order here.

>literally one-book pony at the top
>clear italian bias

Cervantes wrote more than one book

Borges belongs on the shelf next to Dan Brown. Stop shilling that hack

He's also the reason we have the modern novel, and in part the reason why all the sad spergs here have something to do all day.
Top-tier if you ask me.

What's the point of having King, Rowling, the fifty shades of gray lady, etc. when they're not literary?

They literally serve no purpose except so you can say "hahaha, you read genre fiction but I am superior because I read high literature, hahaha!"

If you're gonna make a tier list mainly comprised of high-brow writers, then you need to put those considered high-brow writers in the bottom tiers as well. It's so safe and boring and just pussy of you to put known shit writers in the bottom tiers, have your own god damn opinion.

>clear italian bias
Well he might just like the Italian writing style, if I were to make a tier list the top would be packed with Russian authors because those are my favorite

What a disgusting bait.

Needs more Ivo Andriç

>bait
You can't even refute it. Luckily you always have "bait" to fall back on.

Excellent

>J.K Rowling shit tier
Read The Silkworm faggot and say that again

What did Twain say? "Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience", I think it was.

It's ć, genius

That's a good tip, I'll stop trying to engage you in a conversation then.

nothing to discuss.
your chart
>pic related

It's all white people, what the fuck man. Diversify your list if you want people to take it seriously.

hey . . . . . .I know this mem . . . . .
:x3

Soseki is yellow.

>cervantes in a tier of his own
should be down there with bill and dante, and milton should be with them
also why are e bronte and tolkien always memed so low

>jews
>latin americans
>greeks
>slavs
>white
also desu can't think of any black writers except baldwin, achebe and toni morrison who should be in good or above

their skin is white so they are white

kafka is pretty dark imo

>pynchon and orwell on the same level
>wallace
>fitzgerald

good troll 5/10

fitz is actually a nabby level stylist and deserves to be that high up but wallace is fucking garbage self-help tier
pynchon maybe deserves to be a bit higher, but he's pretty much the definitive "cult" writer, a lot of people really like him but that doesn't mean he's really that good

>I've seen ancient Greeks and Romans
Literally the worst troll.
4/10 because you rused those other guys.

user is that your point of view?

I'd switch Cervantes and Homer.

>Borges isn't next to Cervantes, or at least Tolstoy

I'm afraid you just don't get Borges.
May I suggest you re-read The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim? And do some background research on Al-Mu'tasim.

Also, Isidoro Parodi

OP here, well to be honest, you have a point.
Maybe the next time I'll update that.

If you've bothered to put fucking King and Asimov and Lovecraft on there you might as well put the Wolfester on there too, probably in High Tier.

Also, FUCK Byron. Byron is the original overrated twat. His poetry isn't THAT good, he just lived such a dramatic and highly publicized lifestyle that everyone thought it was.

>GW will die in your lifetime

im not ready lads

One side note, what are the preferred/recommended/"best" editions of The Iliad and Odyssey? And the Æneid while we're at it?

I bet you haven't read half the writers in your chart.

rand and rowling need to switch places rand is a garbage writer

>mostly white males
this is why we need feminism

I think it's unreliable to make tier lists for the writers themselves, when a tier list for books would be much better. There are many writers who are in lower tiers here but among them are some of the greatest novels of all time.

Lattimore is the best Illiad, no exceptions. Lattimore or Fagles for Odyssey (probably still Lattimore). Mandelbaum or Fitzgerald for Aeneid.

>lowqualitybait.jpg

Faulkner, Homer, Shakespeare, Virgil should each move up one. Cervantes obviously down one. Beginning with Great-Tier, everything is fucked up. Putting Hesse and Fitzgerald on the same plane as Moliere and Chaucer? Lolno

Also where the fuck is Jane Austen, she should be Demi-God at least

Where is Bolaño? Obviously above DFW, but where?