Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

Calc 1 wasn't even a regular course for my BS degree, it was a prereq.

as if there's a difference in practical terms

Freshman in college here, is Calc 2 really as bad as they say?

less of a cakewalk than calc 1 but still easy

Calc 3 student here
Calc 2 is (said) to be the harder of the three. Good luck lad.

Calc 1, 2 and 3 are very easy. If you're thinking of majoring in anything besides biology then you shouldn't have any trouble with it at all.
The real problems start when you begin studying real maths.

>americans

Calculus 1 in germany is really hard. i will have my second try next year.

I did what you call "calculus 1" and "calculus 2" in the last year of high school

No you just suck

>tfw in calc 3
>feel stupid 24/7
>everyone says i'm smart

I did pretty shit in calc II (I got a c) but I didn't do homework and was pretty off all around that semester. As with anything do the work and you will be fine.

From easy to hard
Calc 1 >> calc 3 > calc 2

Calc 2 is integration with simple relations used to simplify the expression to a manageable hand written integration. Extensions of chain rule for integration and other techniques
Calc 3 is basically Calc 1 & 2 with extension into xyz plane. It goes further with equivalency in other coordinate systems and partial derivatives.
Intro Differential Equations (how I was taught) is 1/3rd of the class: first order equations, Linear algebra topics (ex: gaussian elimination, subspaces, span of sets), and then 2nd to nth order equations.

How does a class in undergraduate Linear Algebra and Discrete mathematics weigh in for difficulty?

In calc 1 the only thing that gave me trouble was the formal definitions of limits. Everything else is plug and chug.

>LA
>hard
only if its a rigourous proof-based class and not the jokes non-math majors take

Professor explicitly told the class on the first meeting that this course would be roughly 75% proofs and help to provide as a transition to formal mathematics.

Which LA books on the Veeky Forums wiki would be recommended for this topic?

Shilov.

I am doing Calc II right now. It is difficult for people because they introduce a whole range of different ideas very rapidly instead of gestating on a few concepts for a long time, progressing from easy differentiation and integration.

Instead, so far, it has mostly been flushing out all the useful stuff for optimization and solving integrals.

It's really easy.

this and I'm a biofag

CS majors belong on

I got a worse grade in calc 2 than calc 1 but I found calc 2 easier. Literally all you're doing is integrating and the only hard part is finding out which method to use. Calc 1 was more all over the place.

We had Calc1 in high school in the 1980s. What is this shit?

>le I'm just bad at math

This one always gets me. Apart from the people who are born literal geniuses, everyone else sucks at math but they just practice it more.

Got an A in calc 1 and a C in pre-cal

Not sure where this "calculus is hard" meme came from

Calculus is not Analysis. I assume you mean Analysis 1.

Looks kinda hard to read