Discuss

Discuss

no u

Sage+report

My type of humor so I liked it.

>you will never have such a joyous, enlightening epiphany like Yossarian does in the final 10 pages of the book

It talked a lot about saving your skin over giving your life away to ideals. It resonated with me. I think it's especially important for intelligent people to adopt this philosophy.

Holy fucking shit.
Welcome to the reason Veeky Forums is shit, hosted by these three morons.
Fucking kill youselves.

You typed "discuss". Make a better op. It's entirely your fault.

I'm not OP you faggot.
People replying to this shitfest is the problem with Veeky Forums.

>Fucking kill youselves.
It would be extremely painful.

Ur a big goy

4 u.

Thanks for the (YOU)

It could have been condensed into a third of the length and made the same point. It's redundant and so ludicrous at times that the theme is almost lost. We fucking get it, Heller, bureaucracy is bad; bureaucracy is inefficient. I enjoyed the first 100 pages of the book but after that I just found myself saying "Haha, yeah, I remember when that joke was made back in chapter 3 or 4" and waiting for it to end or advance somehow. The latter of which never happened until the last 2 or 3 chapters, IIRC.

Overall, good beginning, decent end, shit middle

>Yossarian will never make it to Sweden

It sure does hurt. I really liked the Chaplain's chapters too

I want to hug the chaplain

It's hilarious and one of my absolute favorites

Great book. I loved the characterization and style and fell in love with Luciana. Also holy fucking shit Kid Sampson and McWatt and Snowden

Also

A very rewarding book that most people start and don't finish for some reason

God Knows is better and funnier.

really hurt how such a funny and cartoonish story at one point becomes so sad and real

Is the movie adaptation any good?

Yeah, and then you realize the whole book has been horrifyingly depressing but you were laughing the entire time because you didn't fully understand what was going on

It's ok. I feel like this is just one of those books that doesn't do well outside of it's original medium though

>realizes the point is that bureaucracy is a central theme
>complains that it's too long
>doesn't understand that the length is another example of why bureaucracy is bad

honestly, it wasn't even that long.

I've just been reading this book. I didn't think it'd be funny but I found myself actually enjoying it. It kept reminding me of sitcoms like the Office.

70% in now, the first 100 pages were tough to get through very ADD, it's hilarious though which kept me reading, good old dark/dry humor

Pretty decent book, gets a lot of shit for its meme status with the plebs, but it's a hell of a lot better than most of the drek floating around in normie bookshelves. has the potential to open the doorway to something more for people who weren't necessarily able to into real lit.

What if what you're saying is a meme... Catch -22

w-what

shut up retard

good but Confederacy of DUNCES is better

its not even dark

honestly if you didnt like the ENTIRE book you are normie.

shitty gravity's rainbow for the CNN crowd

The repetition is the fucking point you retard.
This:

> It's shitty on purpose. If you don't like that, you're stupid!