Wall street math

we all know that higher stock prices = less price volatility in terms of % change, and lower stock price = higher price volatility in %

but whats the actual formula that most accurately describes this relationship?

anyone rich here?

>we all know

I didn't know that so you are wrong.

my daddy gibs me money :3

man up and get a job you neckbeard

Same. I could care less about the stock market.

im a grad student in cs at a public ivy, GET OFF MY BOARD NORMAN!!!!

>public ivy
I'll have a #3 with cheese and medium fries. Oh and a small unsweetened ice tea.

Also higher price doesn't mean less volatility, it just means less shifts in terms of percents. Even that doesn't prevent huge swings. See: Valeant's 52% drop.

>tells people that work minimum wage jobs that they just need to get an absurdly expensive degree and succeed like them
>makes fun of a grad student for not going to a "prestigious" school that's reputation only exists to jew you out of your dad's and/or the government's money

explain this

>explain this
I'm joking obviously

haha wow it's almost like people parrot received cultural messages instead of rigidly adhering to a consistent set of abstract principles

f(x)=$|x|

>on Veeky Forums
>unsweetened anything

>sweetened anything
>wanting to rot your teeth

x = %averagestockprice%

If %individualstockprice% > x
Print ("This stock is not volatile")
Else
Print ("This stock is volatile")

Enjoy! :)

Let S be the stock price and ΔS the change in stock price. ΔS/S gets smaller (less volatility) as S increases and it gets larger (more volatility) as S decreases for a certain ΔS.

Wtf Imma be the next Warren Buffet!

Patent pending.

1. Earn all of the money in the world

2. Economy collapses

3. No Profit.

>thinking dental decay and its prevention revolves around sugar intake and no other factors

Finance stuff is plenty mathematical.
OP if you want to go into finance through the math route, learn stochastic calculus, black scholes etc.

There's no fixed relationship per se. The volatility of a stock is dependent on the trading volume, which is an independent variable. The value of options vis a vis volatility is described by the Black-Scholes equation, but that's not what you asked.

Stock prices change pretty fast after the bubble pops.... you've clearly misunderstood something in your principles level classes

Stock price = 1/(volatility)