IMPOSTER SYNDROME GENERAL

How do you deal with Imposter/Fraud Syndrome? I'm just beginning bachelor thesis, and i honestly feel like they'll finally find out.

Additionally, i'm starting a job as a math teacher where my students are 17-18 years old. It should be pretty easy, but i'm still afraid of not understanding it.

So, how do you guys cope with the feels?

>So, how do you guys cope with the feels?
I sit in a corner and cry

what is the name of the syndrom where you are terrible and feel terrible ? The Ph.D. syndrom ?

Imposter syndrome is not real. You're just trying to rationalize away your idiocy and lack of understanding of BASIC material...

I'm sorry but if you haven't done anything about it until now, you'll never manage

Where did he say he doesn't understand the material? I feel like I'm an idiot and an imposter all the time, despite having exceptional grades.

>exceptional grades
lololololol

Yes.
Mad?

>despite having exceptional grades
you don't have imposter syndrome, you're just fishing for compliments like a faggot

m8 I have news for you: you're in the lower left corner of that plot

Why would I need compliments from a bunch of random anonymous faggots on a Mexican drug cartel forum?

beta fedora cringe, the posts

Does life get easier after grad school? i have the feeling that working a real job after getting my masters will be so much more difficult than actually getting my degree. I dont think i can handle this pressure for 50+ years.

You shouldn't be a fucking teacher.

>how do you cope with the feels?

There's nothing there to "cope".
To believe that your position is undeserved but secretly think you are really good tough is some amazing doublethink.

Sometimes I feel like I'm at the OP point, but then I realize that I'm a capable adult who has been trusted to get the job done and that this graph is worthless.

Fake it till you make it lad.

>who has been trusted
>exterior validation
doesn't sound shaky at all

Realise that you're stupid but that everybody around you is stupider and that's the reason why you get good grades.
Sadly uni's want as many students as possible so it's very difficult to fail these days.

TELL THAT TO MY GRADES

No, Ph.D. Syndrome is characterized by a sudden and near complete loss of the ability to question the validity of one's own statements.

Common vectors include graduation, and interaction with a diploma.

very

Ask the mirror, user.

What's the point in the upper left corner outside the axis's?

Psychology is a field of study based on such a thing- you shouldn't have to rationalize it more than that.

Actually the dunning-kruger effect encompasses some aspects of imposter syndrome

>grades

Oh lordy midterms can't come up soon enough to get the undergrad cancer out of here

It's not our problem. It is people with money's problem. They need to figure out how to avoid getting the wrong people into their companies.

Or create environments which attract impostors but repel krugers. Maybe they already have that but it needs to be secret to not ruin stuff.

If I acknowledge I have impostor syndrome, doesn't that mean that I'm recognizing my ability and thus don't have impostor syndrome?

Is saying that you have impostor syndrome a form of Dunning-Kruger?

if you're smart you should be able to accurately gauge how smart you are

The higher up the more "responsibility" = less time to do what you love and are good at and more time spent on more or less completely pointless obligations.

Basically... it's a trap. So you might as well get on welfare and do hobby research instead. You will look like an eccentric hobo / failure but at least you will be happy being able to spend time on what you truly love doing. That will of course only work if you have saved massive amounts of money or if you don't have very strong drives for material or social wealth in this life.

Ding ding ding

Not if there is lots of money in undermining peoples confidence or perception of how smart they are, which there reasonably is lots and lots of money in doing.

smart gorillaposter

It is possible to look at your achievements and figure out that your feelings of inadequacy are not rational. That does not really prevent the feelings of inadequacy form existing.

>Is saying that you have impostor syndrome a form of Dunning-Kruger?
is having that realization a form of impostor syndrome?

it's pressure regulation you moron. they just trying to optimize your stress levels for creativity and productivity, not undermining your confidence.