>in class, professor asks a question
>nobody knows
>know the answer but stay quiet because social anxiety
>professor repeats the question
>silence
>he gives the answer and moves on
>it was trivial anyway

beta faggot

>Professor asks a few questions, get them all right in my head but don't speak up and nobody else does
>5th question; fine everyone else is an idiot so I'll speak up
>Get it wrong

>professor asks who's familiar with
>silence
>professor asks who doesn't know what is
>one guy raises his hand

>professor asks question I think answer to is obvious
>no one raises their hand so I question my answer and don't say anything
>professor gives answer and my answer was correct

should have spoken up earlier you cuck

>take third year CS class to learn C
>professor provides example of a struct representing a complex number
>asks class who knows what a complex number is
>literally no one
I am not making this up

>described my life in high school

>third year
>learning C

Well, I think that explains everything.

Hint: your school is fucking shit

>professor asks for help with a problem
>no one responds
>threatens a pop quiz
>most of the class raises their hand or shouts the next step
>gives us a pop quiz for not participating

I know that feel, bro. I think nobody answers because everyone thinks the question is trivial and someone else will answer it...

At least I hope. I really hope the other people in my class aren't actually retarded and don't know the answer.

>a struct representing a complex number

You mean a struct holding two fucking double variables?

God damn CS courses would make me cringe hard.

Tell me that at least the professor overloaded the + and * operators so that they actually represent operations over the complex numbers

>inb4 no, he just had functions called add() and multiply()

Oh this cringe...

>structs
>overloading operators

>fucking structs

Are you retarded?

>You mean a struct holding two fucking double variables?
>this autism
It represents a complex number by holding two floats, yes.

If you are using a real language you can overload the operators of anything man.

But yeah, just remembered his school can only afford C, not C++. Must suck being intellectually poor.

>It represents a complex number by holding two floats, yes.

My point was that it is a fucking shitty example. And it is even shittier when he tried to paint it as something more important by saying 'Oh, it is a complex number!'.

No, it is fucking not. It is a struct... that holds two fucking doubles. Big deal man.

At that moment you should have immediately dropped that class because god damn that is dumb. They are treating you like a monkey.

Like, at least make it something clever, like a struct that holds a date with a year, month and day man. Or even something that holds the time with an hour, minute and seconds.

>Look guys, big boys CS class here. Look at my fucking complex number.

struct compex {
double x, y;
};

WOW LOOK AT THAT. SUCH MAJESTY. You totally had to come to university to learn this shit!

>Look at my fucking complex number.

This.
How do I find an appropiate context to say this?

LOOK AT MY FUCKING COMPLEX NUMBER

>My point was that it is a fucking shitty example. And it is even shittier when he tried to paint it as something more important by saying 'Oh, it is a complex number!'.
Do your parents know you have autism? I said it was presented as a struct representing a complex number. That's exactly what it is. Then he asked who knew what a complex number is. Without your disorder you'd realize the second thing is unrelated to the first.

>Look guys, big boys CS class here. Look at my fucking complex number.
It was an introduction on data types at the start of the first lecture.

>an introduction on data types

Seriously, though. Why are you learning about that in your third year? Why are you paying for this school?

>Do your parents know you have autism?

Oh, this brings me back to that age old primary school insult
>Do your parents know you are gay?

See why it is funny? Because regardless of what you answer, it is negative on you!

Man, any meme I could make to mock CS majors would fall short compared to this real meme of CS majors having the sense of humor of a 5 year old.

>It was an introduction on data types at the start of the first lecture.

Nobody needs to be introduced to a fucking struct that holds two floats man.

And the reason I make the distinction between complex number and a struct that holds two floats is that an actual complex number built in to work in actual software would come with functions inside that defined component by component addition and the special rules of multiplications applicable to only complex number. Mainly that i*i = -1.

Having a struct with two variables does not mean you have a complex number.

That is like saying that

struct item {
int x;
struct item *next;
};

is a linked list.

No, that's not a fucking linked list. It is a struct that holds an integer and a pointer. Without the functions that define the structure of a linked list it is no more than that.

Don't worry, you will probably learn that in your senior year.

I actually worry about you. If you don't know this basic shit, what have you been doing the past 2 years in college? Why do I know more than you? I am a fucking first year math major.

This is why I never spoke up desu.

You guys are funny, second guy especially. I study math, I'm taking this class on the side because I can do so for free and because it is something I am interested in. I could add that it is part of some minor so it's probably meant to be presented in an accessible way with a recap on basic things, but beyond I have no answers to your questions and no interest in your opinion of CS majors.

>Having a struct with two variables does not mean you have a complex number.
I'm pretty sure a struct in C can neither have functions nor operator overloading. I already said that it represents a complex number, not that it literally is one. I'm telling you you have autism because you're getting this asshurt about an arbitrary struct example which wasn't even the point of my original post.

>I'm pretty sure a struct in C can neither have functions nor operator overloading.

And that is why you learn programming with a real programming language.

>C
>not a real programming language

Lay fukken kill yourslef

>now C isn't a real programming language
God damn you must be fun at parties.

It is called C++

C PLUS PLUS

If C is the natural numbers, C++ is the real numbers. Everything that is good about C but also comes with features that fill in all the gaps C had. And hey, maybe you can't.

Like for example, being able to overload operators instead of having to weirdly define addition functions.

Or classes

Or templates

Or more intuitive dynamic memory notation.

C++ is the only good programming language.

Everything that is not C++ lies in a different degree of shittiness.

C is pretty much just 'okay'. You need to do some low level shit? Sure, do C man. Heck, all DLLs I have developed have been in C because just reading the documentation on how to make C++ interact with other languages makes my head fucking hurt. But that is all. Necessity. Also, doing such low level stuff in C++ is overkill.

Like killing an ant with a nuclear bomb.

>C is pretty much just 'okay'. You need to do some low level shit? Sure, do C man. Heck, all DLLs I have developed have been in C because just reading the documentation on how to make C++ interact with other languages makes my head fucking hurt. But that is all. Necessity. Also, doing such low level stuff in C++ is overkill.
Well, yeah. That's the point of C (nowadays), isn't it? It's effectively a replacement for assembly.

>If C is the natural numbers, C++ is the real numbers
>The real numbers are better than the natural numbers because there's more of them

>this hammer is useful for nailing things together and removing nails
>it would be more useful if it could also saw wood, turn screws, make measurements, light fires, do my taxes, and babysit my child
>but it weighs a ton now with all of these pointless attachments and it sometimes lights my nails on fire instead of hammering them

>introducing hammer++

> If C is the natural numbers, C++ is the real numbers.
This is kinda hilarious

Best analogy ever.

>acting superior
>unironically using C++

>Cell bio professor surveys the class on what our career interests are
>Put down virologist
>He looks at me every time he mentions viruses
>I don't break eye contact every time

what's your favorite virus?
mine is lostboy.exe

>be me in Calc 1 class
>take exam with a question on mathematical induction
>be one of the only people to answer the question successfully because everyone else in the class is retarded
>the professor fucking loves me because of this
>only communicates to me through the graded exams
>we have never spoken to each other
>he probably doesn't know what I look like

don't know where i was going with this

>in class, professor asks a question
> Says somebody who isn't me has to answer it this time
> silence
>professor repeats the question
>silence
> Finally he looks at me, and I answer.
> Murmurs of "ohh, yah; that makes sense" from the rest of the class.

Biological virus: Gamma phage or Variola
Computer virus: ILoveYou

I bet you have many friends.

good, good... your power grows stronger...

Do you make friends by pretending to be scared and/or stupider than you really are?

Same thing happened to me at my old CC

>professor asks a question and offers extra credit
>one condition: you LOSE credit if you get it wrong
>everyone is too scared to answer
>I offer to answer
>"my man, you don't need anymore points"
>asks if anyone else wants to answer
>silence
>"ok, go ahead"
>answer correctly and get over 100% in the class

Pretty sure everyone at that college either hated me or thought I was a crazy genius since I never spoke to anyone.

Then I transferred to a real university and now everyone knows I'm retarded, but at least I can leech off of others now.

>Then I transferred to a real university and now everyone knows I'm retarded, but at least I can leech off of others now.
It's really frightening, as you climb the ranks of intelligence, being around more and more intelligent people, you realize just how many dumb people there really are in the world. There are people who think linear algebra and calculus are the pinnacle of mathematics, and there are stupid people who can't into calculus at all, to be sure, but there are also people who will never break through basic algebra, and further still there are people who haven't been educated at all. Those who know a decent amount of math and science are in the minority. Everyone else lives in ignorance, consuming media as truth unironically, pursuing superficial hobbies, and having a severe case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. If only these people were enlightened. If only they knew how shitty this world truly is...

Gotta say that shit to yourself for every question so people near you start to think you're some kind of savant