Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums.
What is a book I can read that will change my life.
One that will help me understand the world, feel more actualised, see through the shit.
I feel like our lives are so saturated with everything that we can never truly view anything with clarity or be at peace.
>I know this is babbys first existential crisis-tier and im sorry for that
>Basically just a book that would red pill me in everything in life
>No im not underage, I'm just very stressed with college and am coming to terms with the absurdity of my direction in life

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDSIxwK-y4A&list=PLwXjdJpB_Pf5v6pIh_9hpx_HL1ED5KRAZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm aware of how cringey this whole topic is but how do I really become spiritually aware through literature?
>Apologies for making a thread that is so ambiguous
Kind of just want to not give a fuck. Like to be at peace with everything in life and live life in a truly spiritually-awakened, redpilled way.

>Fuck this is an autistic way of putting everything, again, sorry for the meme-buzzwords and edgy descriptions.
>I know how retarded it is but I'm poor at articulation

Thanks for the reply, bro!

Jacques Ellul - “The Technological Society”;
René Girard - “Violence and the Sacred”;
Francis Fukuyama - “The End of History and the Last Man”;
Any respectable introduction to Roman law.

It doesn't look like to have any coherence but this built a solid framework to understand seemingly simple but highly important and relevant concepts, like social/personal responsibility, freedom, will or positivism. Also, bear in mind this list serves as an approach and if you do achieve it, you should head to more fundamental authors.

The Holy Bible.

There Is not one book to read
It's more like what path you want to go.
I started reading the existencalists with 18, Camus especially, also some Kafka, cioran.
Then I finally started reading dostojewski.
After crime and punishment and brothers karamasow I slowly became one of these fucking Christian posters here

Feel free to start with the existencalists
Start with the stranger by camus, then read the plage and myth of Sisyphus

Go on a meditation retreat, 10 days or so of isolation, simple living, and meditation. No media, no distractions, nothing. On one of the last days, take a heroic dose of psilocybin in silent darkness (educate yourself on the aubject beforehand, see if you need a sitter, have at least 48h to integrate etc) Most importantly, never, ever go on Veeky Forums again. Use the internet only for fact checking, learning, and direct communication. Be as skeptical as possible ; do not hesitate to call out bullshit. Question authority. Chances are, this is your only opportunity, and it's running out fast. Very fucking fast.

As for life-changing books, it really depends on you.

Anything by Erich von Däniken.

notes from the underground

What do you mean only opportunity

Not op btw

>What is a book I can read that will change my life.

Try Nietzsche, honestly.
See what he says about the abyss (where you are), god (which we built to protect us from the abyss, but you discarded) and the overman (basically a man who protects himself from the abyss the way god used to, by having sensible, achievable, yet deep and useful goals to struggle towards and look forward to).
Read his shit and see how you can make yourself into a messiah of your own religion, so you can protect yourself from the doom and gloom of not having a greater purpose.

is this leo?

Some ideas:

- Nassim Taleb - Antifragile
- Thinking fast & slow - Daniel Kahneman
- 1493 & 1491 - Charles Mann
- Secular cycles - Peter Turchin
- How not to die -: Michael Greger
- Making things work - Yaneer Bar Yam
- The Origin of Wealth - Eric Beinhocker

Heeey this is L-E-O!

I actually did this in a Vipassana retreat in canada. It's an exetremely bad idea, I freaked the fuck out and ran out of the hall screaming. It's a recipe for the worse bad trip of your life

good

read The Alchemist

Walden is pretty good.

Vipassana is one of the best things ever.

Today we're doing mushrooms!

1. Find an author who understands something you don't.
2. Read their book(s) and gain understanding of the subject.
3. Repeat

Whats so spacial about it?
Wasn't it a book about a spanish shepherd going through his rock&roll rebel phase and settling down?

Read Kundera's Immortality and The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Dismiss the political stuff of the latter and focus on his take on life.
I suggest you don't dismiss Kundera just because he's been bastardized by pseuds.

Good post.

This pleases me.

Coelho's merit is to make the layman feel enlightned.

He writes stuff like this:
>And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

Non-sensical self help.

>please enlighten me
>Joe_Rogan_selfsuck

Journey to the end of the night

This. Helped me immensely.

Try watching the great work dvd series?

The Great Work Series

youtube.com/watch?v=gDSIxwK-y4A&list=PLwXjdJpB_Pf5v6pIh_9hpx_HL1ED5KRAZ

The Great Work Series

Featuring Lon Milo DuQuette, Michael Greer, & Symbolist John Anthony West

The Western Mystery Traditions enable one to accomplish this magnificent task have always been hidden in plain sight, inaccessible to all but the most ardent scholars and practitioners.

The Symbols have always held the Key

To be efficient and proficient at The Great Work, one must develop a broad understanding of the meaning of symbols and archetype

Before I post anything else: when you make a post like this, or any post really, which seems to be heartfelt, then you should try to participate in it. Engaging and participating is one way to deal with what you're talking about. It is when you become a mindless absorber that the brain begins to die.

This topic isn't that cringy. You're asking some pretty good questions. Your issue is that your questions are scattered and searching. If information saturation is the crux of your issue, then I'm afraid the world has no good answers for you. Technology has rapidly outpaced human intellectual achievement in the past 20 years, and there is no one and nothing that gives us answers as to how to really cope with it. We don't even know how to cope with the TV, and it's been around since the fifties.

To "understand the world, feel more actualized, see through the shit", you should first understand that there are two levels of understanding. The first is the phenomenal, the second the mystical/spiritual. Math sciences and engineering will take you on a long path to the latter; the aesthetic arts will take you on the faster path, but your lack of knowledge of phenomena will be like a mysterious cloud.

For mysticism and spirituality, you must seek out works of emotion. Read the Bhagavad Gita and Walt Whitman. Read McCarthy's "The Road". Whatever takes you into your feelings and emotions, this is what spiritually redeems you. From this path you learn to appreciate what is really real.

In terms of knowledge, there is aesthetic knowledge and material knowledge. There is analysis of many different topics. One thing you should know is that it does not matter what you learn. Mostly what you deal with in curiosity is facing up to the reality of your emotional desires. Whatever takes work is genuine. When things become easy then this is typically the sign of moving in an errant direction.

This changed mine

I have always wanted to post a thread similar to this so thank you.