What is the intellectual achievement equivalent of Navy Seals? How do I get there?

What is the intellectual achievement equivalent of Navy Seals? How do I get there?

Other urls found in this thread:

ens.fr/IMG/file/concours/2016/sujets/MPI/16_sujet_mpi_mathd.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailored_Access_Operations
cracked.com/personal-experiences-1276-6-things-movies-dont-show-you-about-life-submarine.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic related

>How do I get there?
Solve this ens.fr/IMG/file/concours/2016/sujets/MPI/16_sujet_mpi_mathd.pdf
you have 6 hours

That's badass.

Translation?

You've already failed.

IAS, IHES

>not in English
>implying Cambridge isn't better.

that is why you have 6 hours and not 5

learn another language you monolingual imbecile

That

Who said I don't know French?

The fact that its not in English is shameful though.

What if English is my second language?

probably the mastery of real analysis
most people die during the training process

then learn another one, you bilingual cretin

What if I know three languages, none of which is French?

first kek of the day thanks user

intuitive understanding of category theory in the context of computer science

You really don't need to be smart to be a Seal. All you need is the physical ability and are willing to take orders and perform them correctly.

Source: I have an old friend who became a Seal who happens to be as dumb as a sack of shit but is a very lovable guy who can do just about any physical feat. I'm talking 75 IQ here.

still, the description of op does not correspond of what he probably meant

The only mental contest with the comparability of the navy seals is the international maths Olympiad.

There are other achievements greater than the IMO but winning an award decided by committee like a Nobel or fields medal is not the same because the candidates are not all under the same standard conditions.

Whereas with navy seals training or the IMO they are

My French is rusty, but I belive I mostly understand this, and it's pretty tough. Is this an admission exam for an undergraduate course?

kek

>glorified puzzle-solving competition
>elite in any way

equivalent?

This is for getting into ENS after 2 years of undergrad.

Going through the Nuke pipeline without harming yourself.

Poor life choices

Being a Putnam Scholar

interested in other user response for this

i understand this to be more very impressive feats to be accomplished in academia than exactly analogous to navy seals

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailored_Access_Operations

Ahhh, c'est pas des maths comme j'aime bien ca...

>le graphe G sera dit connexe

J'ai vu ca en progra wtf

babby's first real analysis and topology.
easy as fuck. is this a masters' degree entrance paper?

t. brainlet who was too unintelligent to be able to solve those maths problems (every maths problem is a puzzle, brainlet) in highschool and still probably struggles now

It's not real analysis.

nah, actually

t. top 10% on the Putnam

I believe that is an entrance exam for 20 year olds 2 years after they have finished highschool

you are funny

believe it or not, most Navy SEALs are smart as fuck. the academic stuff they have to do washes out most of the meat heads.

Spivak's calculus

What about Apostol's?

>as condescending as he is
anons right, the benefits are exponential if even you learn basic words and phrases
>on the subject of language
Suggested Skills to acquire being on this board:
>Mathematical Reasoning
>Latex

I doubt anyone who did well at putnam would be so lacking in awareness that they would badmouth the IMO when they test the same strength only the IMO is on pre-university level mathematics while putnam is on undergraduate level mathematics corresponding to roughly the first 2-something years of study.

but cool story anyway.
p.s. competing at the IMO is a more elite distinction in terms of mathematical strength than getting in the top 10% at Putnam

I'm sure the academic aspect isn't too challenging, the real shit is the physical and mental training they do

What are they doing? Serious question

"surf torture". coronado bay water stays around 55-65 F all year, so its pretty cold and just one of the many tools the instructors use.

"surf torture". coronado bay water stays around 55-65 F all year, so its pretty cold and just one of the many tools the instructors use. gets colder when you breach the surf.

i don't know what the intellectual equivalent is running 200miles in 5 days in sand with literally only enough sleep that you don't die.

math 55
Or do Rudins whole course.

And just do it faster/on amphetamines

what titles are consider rudins course?

Really neat post.

Here's the Cracked article mentioned: cracked.com/personal-experiences-1276-6-things-movies-dont-show-you-about-life-submarine.html

probably working for skunkworks or something.

Source on this?

once you make it through basic navy training, if you're accepted to buds, and you make it through buds, then you make it through hell week, your life is just beginning.

seals go through several military-wide schools (run by their respective branchs) including jump school (army), sere school (airforce), and all other sorts of shit. the military spends a lot of money on SEALS in the end. then if you make it to teams, you're basically starting over in real world. then certain seals are invited to things like team 6 and cia.

as far as academic, they definitely do speak multiple languages. being top-knotch demo and shooting guys, they know enough to be amoung the best shooters in the world with several different weapons and abnormal load/use.

there are undoubtedly seals alive who know how diffuse a nuclear bomb. the training is unreal. all that and you still get paid shit (for being superman) and your skills are meh transferable if you get out, and the danger in training let alone combat is not uncommon.

I actually don't like this series looking closer.
Probably more something like
Rudin's Mathematical Analysis
Loomis' Advanced Calculus
Markushevich's Functions of Complex Variables
Arnold's Ordinary Differential Equations
Munkres' Topology
And I guess Munkres again for Analysis on Manifolds

> rate my curriculum Veeky Forums

working at a makkey D

bang your head against a wall as hard as you can 100 times a day

MIT or Stanford PhD

>learning French
hahahahaha. what a fucking waste of time. why would i even want to sound like some fag?