Life After Death Thread

Please tell me there's some scientific theory that says our thoughts are somehow still in motion after our brains stop functioning, almost like a dream simulator (which would explain why so many people "see heaven"). I need there to be some basis for my belief that anime women will be waiting for me on the other side.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What you're talking about is a near death experience, which is your brain hallucinating because it's dying. It's like a video game glitching out before it crashes.

Your brain releases a bunch of chemicals before you die, if I recall correctly DMT is one of those. It's like being forced on a drug trip with all kinds of trippy side effects. If your love of anime is strong enough you'll probably hallucinate about that. It's nothing you can't achieve through a properly made drug cocktail though.

>Please tell me there's some scientific theory that says our thoughts are somehow still in motion after our brains stop functioning

There isn't. Have you ever been under anesthesia, op? Death is like that except without the part where you wake up. Which is to say death isn't like anything at all since anesthesia just seems like instant time travel between the point when you're put under the point when you're woken up.

Good comparison.

Death ain't shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality

It works, try jumping off a bridge. You won't actually experience the world where you die, I've tried it.

The hard problem means we cant rule anything out. Most likely is what says

We don't know what causes consciousness, but the particles that make up your brain aren't going anywhere, also the "you" of the past no longer exists so chances are we only exist in any form for a split second, an infinitely small moment in time or the time it takes for a few synapses or something.

Imagine someone put your brain into a blender and rearranged it into a replica of you just with the particles rearranged. Would it be "you"?

I thought it was hypoxia

>If your love of anime is strong enough you'll probably hallucinate about that.

On the other hand, if your love of anime ISN'T strong enough, you'll be trapped in an endless nightmare of sexually endowed African Americans having their way with you, forever.

It's really quite scientific.

Win-win then

Prove it.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

looks like someone's bad has expired

When you die, you wake up from the simulation. Then the real nightmare begins.

I can't. But I can teach you about Quantum Immortality.
See according to the multiverse interpretation of Schroedinger's Cat every possible outcome will actually happen. For every universe where the cat dies there comes into existence an universe where the cat lives.
Consequently in one universe, the cat NEVER dies no matter how many times you put it in the box.
Now there are many multiverses in which you're dead, but you obviously don't live in those because you can't experience death. Instead you will always ALWAYS experience the one universe in which you live. You are immortal. Now this doesn't make everyone else immortal. Only you in your universe are immortal. You can pull a gun to your head and will die in 99,99999% of all universes but you'll only experience the universe where you survived it. You cannot die. You will live to see thousands, million, or even billions of years into the future. You will experience anime waifus becoming real.
And when I'm dead in your universe I want you to remember this post. That way I will kinda live on in a universe where I'm not immortal.

Wait? According to this post I died last night when I went to sleep.

And I'm experiencing a universe where I didn't die in that sleep. But according to the multiverse theory doesn't that mean there are worlds where I became a dictator or something? Why aren't I dictator in this universe?

Your consciousness is locked to the one universe where you don't die. You might be a dictator in another universe but that dictator surely has a short life. And you can't just jump back from dead dictator to regular joe who becomes immortal through future medicine his dictatorship prevented from ever existing.

Lel

I have confirmed by logic what happens when you die.
Sleeping forever is not logical, and your thoughts somehow floating in the air forever is not logical. Therefore, we are all immortal.
This as well, but I believe in each of our universes we will invent or discover immortality before old age.

So what you are saying is:
-All possible futures where X happens, have happened and I experienced it.
-But no matter what my consciousness is locked to the universe where I didn't die and become immortal? (Aka This world?)

I always thought about this shit but didn't think anyone believed it.

sleeping forever is not logical but living forever is? kys

well user why don't you try the board specifically made for such questions