So, will there ever be a novelization of this?

So, will there ever be a novelization of this?
Fan novelization?
I'm not gong to read a fucking script cause the author was too lazy to write an actual book.

who cares, honestly

>too lazy to write an actual book.
But user, it is a book.

It's a screenplay.

I do.
It's a shameless cash in unless some actual effort was put into it.
Otherwise it may as well be fanfiction.

>steal a secret time turner even though they were all supposedly destroyed
>they go back and prevent Cedric from dying and uh oh the future got changed which directly goes against the rules of the HP universe where time travel is a closed causality loop and you can't create alternate universes by changing things in the past BUT WHATEVER LOL
>the world is now evil, Voldemort has taken over, and there's a grimdark Hogwarts
>everyone calls Scorpius (Draco's son) "The Scorpion King"
>lots of dumb shit happens
>eventually the kids and Harry himself go back all the way to the night Voldemort killed Harry's parents
>Harry goes totally out of character and tells his son that he's a failure which got a bunch of people on tumblr fuckin pissed
>turns out that the girl who said she was Cedric's niece was actually A SECRET LOVECHILD OF VOLDEMORT AND BELLATRIX LESTRANGE NO SERIOUSLY I'M NOT EVEN MAKING THIS UP
>they all fight, the good guys win and the day is saved
>the end

Here, saved you some time.

Is there going to be a novel version that has all the script parts removed?

Friendly reminder that Warner Brothers filed trademarks for a movie version of this shit.

And why is that a bad thing?

what's with the image

What about it?

No, it's a script for a okay.

It's a shitty reddit meme.

Who cares? You seem to know a lot about reddit user, you sure you aren't a redditor?

is there a pdf going around

>>eventually the kids and Harry himself go back

whos 'the kids'?

Still in codex format tho

Seems a bit weird to read the script since it's highly unlikely that a film won't be made, or at the very least a filmed performance of the play. But then, I find reading plays a bit weird even when it's Shakespeare.

So don't bother with it. I liked the old series, but I don't give a shit about middle-aged-over-worked Harry and suddenly-black-Hermione. Skip it. If they make it into a film with Emma Watson back as Hermione showing at least partial nudity, I'll consider it.

what's wrong with reading scripts?

So why the fuck did they make hermione black.

books never specified her skin color.

its more of a "up to the reader" deal. as is every book

Prisoner of Azkeban says she had a pale face.
Add in mousey hair and it's obvious what she was.

I've read fanfiction that is better than that piss stream of alphabet soup that's called a screenplay.

She isn't. They just cast a black actor for the play in London. She was white in my reading and I'm willing to bet she was white in a majority of people's readings.

See

Scorpious Malfoy and Albus Severus Potter

I'd watch it. The problem in the story was the dialogue more than anything, for me at least. The entire story of Harry Potter as "The Boy Who Lived" simply by being protected by his mothers love is already goofy as shit so I don't understand why anyone is taking this so radically.

Because the fans are starved for more stories that could flesh out this universe of illogical bullshit J.K Rowling made and all we get is some shitty fanfiction that looks like it was stolen from wattpad.

>>everyone calls Scorpius (Draco's son) "The Scorpion King"
it's been a long time since something on the internet made me laugh out loud

the books are goofy and dumb yes, but at least the ones prior to this followed the rules of their own universe. not being able to create alternate timelines is RULE NUMBER ONE of time travel in the HP universe, and going against that makes the entire final act of the third book impossible

Don't forget that all the girls at the edgy grimdark alternate Hogwarts want to take him to the "Blood Ball".

It's like fucking My Immortal.

It's weird how the characters in this read like they were written by Joss Whedon. Everyone's so snarky.

Surely you jest.

Didn't Albus kiss Hermione five times?

Well it has awakened by inner homo to ship Albus and Scorpius. Thanks Rowling.

Probably just reflecting the author. She's a big name and she knows she can sell shit based on name alone.

STRETCHED

no way

What's wrong with it?

Dont forget that huge rule where it's impossible for voldemort to feel love or something.

>It's a "next book in the series has a completely different cover than the others" episode
Unforgivable

It's theatre. If men can play women and women can play men and people can play talking hats and adults can play children, then why can't a black woman play a white character?

They did, just subtly.

There's a reason everything knows she's white.

I remember I jokingly came up with a conspiracy theory that Hermione was actually Japanese and super religious years ago due to the exact same reasoning. Nobody liked the idea then either.

Rowling didn't actually write the dialogue

wow, this is literally some fan fic ive read somewhere.
how do you know this?

So, is this any good? Or is it just what it seems it is? That is, a lazy way of making shitloads of money.

>a lazy way of making shitloads of money.
it's this. or rather a lazy way for rowling to stay relevant

>everyone calls Scorpius (Draco's son) "The Scorpion King"
Too fucking funny

Voldemort's secret daughter was where I gave up.

I mean the plot is already badly written fan fiction so it wouldn't surprise me if the dialogue was also handled by a 13 year old girl

Stop it, all of you. You're ruining Voldemort Day.

But they specified Dean Thomas, Angelina Johnson, Lee Jordan, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Blair Zebini's skin colours, along with the Patel twins.
I think it's safe to say she was intended to be white.
A black woman playing a white girl/woman is no big deal.
The only issue in my opinion is that Rowling is playing it off as if she always intended Hermione to be black, which is obviously a retcon to gain brownie points with her huge tumblr fan base.

>subtly
>Describes her as pale
>Makes her white on all the artwork
>Her actor in the movie is white

She also can't be black because it would make make Draco's comments on her being a mudblood go from being about blood purity bullshit to generic racism.

You cannot be fucking serious? Can someone confirm this?

Scorpius was adorable and the best part of the book for the first act and then Thorne of course went overboard into quipmeister quirkatron territory. The rest of the book was even worse, though, so Scorpius remains the best part.

>tfw

It's all real, f.am.

Tumblr is split between "haven't read it" and "it's fucking stupid"

I would read an actual novel of this, just because it's a continuation of something I was really into as a kid. But, I'm really fucking legitimately autistic and I find there isn't enough context in screenplays to give what I'm reading any meaning, emotion, or logic.

I'm not wasting my money on that.

Play will never come to my country. So I'm skipping this one entirely.

Man, I know what you mean about the autism. I had a hell of a time attempting not to read it like some kind of bad rapid-fire slam poetry. All the emotion fell flat and I have to say that with the dialogue in some of the scenes, a novelization wouldn't even improve things much.

Logic is absent entirely.

>just because it's a continuation of something I was really into as a kid.
>I'm really fucking legitimately autistic
Then pray it never gets a novel form release. If you have any sentimental attachment to the previous books, stories, world or characters it will trigger you hard. It shits on literally every aspect.

Good to know. I'll be sure to avoid it if it comes out as an actual novel.

'ALBUS: The Bathilda Bagshot? A History of Magic Bathilda Bagshot?
SCORPIUS: The very same. Oh my, that’s her. Wow. Squeak. My geekness is a-quivering.'

I have no problem picturing the scene in my head, but the formatting still makes it feel like it was written for some special kind of retards

>user: I will click post now!
>user clicks the post button.
>Message on the screen reads: post submitted!

It's a fucking raw workfile. Nobody outside theater or film crews should be reading these. Publishing it as a book to cash in is fucking lazy.

i literally kek'd when albus was kissing hermione multiple times

>let's have another kid

i rate it 6/10 as a huge hp fan, enjoyable read but the time traveling stuff was just... convenient

how the fuck voldemort and bellatrix had a kid, he probably doesn't even wanted to ever have sex with anyone

i liked the evil hogwarts idea and it should've been the central point of this story

i just have trouble believing that snape, ron and hermione trusted scorpius almost instantly with their lives and they were just killed because a kid said something about them he couldn't possibly know

what else... harry seriously isn't himself, dumbledore and ginny are no-characters basically, ron was ron and i liked draco's evolution as a character. that's it, really

You left out the main group who are just celebrating how gay the kids are.

lmao this sounds fucking awful, I'm just gonna pretend this is fanfiction and non of it is actually canon

> writing a script
> too lazy to write a book

It's like you don't view scripts as a form of writing, OP. I know it's fucking Harry Potter, but how dense can you be?

It's shit but then again so is everything else HP, if you read them today and without the nostalgia goggles you would realize this.

Its not that bad, the idea of Ron and Hermione geting together only once was nice. :P But, ok, you modyfie few parts, add 2-3 dialogs and you get typicall, even yaoi, fanfiction. I mean, come one! Voldemorts douther? Really? My first reaction after reading thos was 'Jezz, thats chep'. I was really thinking, how was that even possible? I mean, i just cant imagine Voldemort having sex with someone. The only idea i had was that he jerk himsef off, came into a glass ore something like that ang gave it to Bellatrix with 'Don;t dissapointe me, if you do, you will die".
But becouse nostalgia is verry powerfull kind of magic, i love it anyway :) And even thou Rowling clame, that its finale, i dont belive her becouse she said that after part 7, and ofcourse i will read anything she will gave us.

why is everybody here calling this a screenplay?

that would be a p shitty ruse if that's what you were going for

becouse it is screenplay, its srcipr with dialogs and didascalias (Blocking).

>Draco's comments on her being a mudblood
Good point.

I think the biggest failure is Rowling not moving away from the high school as centre of the universe format.

>then Thorne of course went overboard into quipmeister quirkatron territory
Yes that sounds so unlike the style of JK "stretching their legs" Rowling.

Great thread. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stretch my legs.

What did he mean by this?

Should've kept it all at the school the non-school bits were the worst of 7 and what happened there sounded more interesting than what Potter was up to

The same thing he meant by this.

This reads like a 15 year old's first attempt at a play. The dialogue, directions, plot and characters are all so incredibly miserable. Why didn't Rowling get somebody better to continue her universe?

Scorpius spent the whole book trying to get Albus to fuck him, then randomly hits on his cousin in the end, why

if you're gonna go full yaoi fanfic, at least commit to it

Albus wants someone with a big dick who knows how to use it, it seems

He was hitting on Rose the entire god damn time mate. I only read up to the twelfth act and the dude is thirsty as fuck for her.

There really were some moments i thought they would kiss...

So he prefers big guys.

He's pretty thirsty for both

He wants an incestuous threesome

They made it clear he had a crush on her in the 3 or so scenes she's in, but the majority of the play is just him and Albus being gay as fuck for each other.

latter in scens, when they are alone you will see what we are talking about :P

Like this?

>To the depths of your belly, to the tips of your fingers
How does Albus know so much about Scorpius' fingers and belly, I wonder?

>this is what passes for screenwriting these days

>moreno and mignolet are still in liverpool's starting 11

they're accidents waiting to happen

>come to Veeky Forums to talk about harry potter
>instead get reminded of this
I didn't need this m8

Sweet Romeo and Julius

>So, will there ever be a novelization of this?

Fucking hope so. I would love to read about the budding friendship between Albus and Scorpius in a more poetic way, and with much more content. Scorpius a best.

Agreed. How did the Malfoys end up with a child so pure and kawaii?

so then Scorpius was the cursed child right?

It's like "half blood prince" being Snape, but also kinda being Tom Riddle and Harry

Cursed Child is probably Delphi in the most literal way, but also Harry, Albus, and Scorpius thematically.