Does Veeky Forums do drugs?

Does Veeky Forums do drugs?

Every once in a while I see people on here saying they take some medicine that makes them do maths for n hours straight. As I've never done anything harder than coffee I wonder to what extent it helps and to what extent it fucks up your life?

With coffee I found it barely has any effect on me anymore but it's still worse without it. Is it the same with drugs, just more extreme? Also if you've taken illigal drugs share how much it fucked up your life and ruined your academic career.

Pic kinda related. Music's one helluva drug.

No.

But then again, I can't do math for n hours straight.

Same. I can sometimes get 4-5 hours at a relatively good pace but after that I'm just staring at a definition for 10 minutes like brain dead.

uhhh

haha >illegal drugs

i have smoked weed every day since college started and i have a 3.81 gpa at my college of engineering.

don't fall for that meme

I fell for the nootropics meme but nothing changed so I stopped

Yeah ok, I meant class A drugs (shit like heroin and coke). The "weed makes you a vegetable" meme is pretty spooky though. Did you not notice any change in mental capacity?
Also being a britbong not sure if that gpa is good. Isn't a 4 a standard for academia and such?

Is that like adderall?

Some times I smoke weed, it's good because my mind is always over active so when I smoke I can relax and sleep.

Psychedelics are good, I have only done them 2-3 times, it's fun, stimulates your mind.

Cocaine is fun especially with alcohol, if you want to be able to read through an insane amount of text then cocaine or other stimulants are good.

Benzo is good for removing my anxiety, then I can use energy to do school assignments instead of the energy going to my anxiety and helps me sleep.

Coffee is best study drug.

Everyone i work with has had steady 70k+ employment. And they all smoke weed regularly. They did shit tons of other drugs when they were young and still do coke and shit occasionally.

There are lots of Drugs that wont ruin your life.

just sayin man, drugs are fun. I recently had a lunch with three 50 something rich dudes. All of them agreed that at college, "you cant let school get in the way of your education".

So go do some drugs!

I'll take the bait but
>implying rich people are necessarily smart

No, theyre a shit version that cost twice as much and do barely anything. If you're going to take meds just take addies/ritalin, dont waste your money on nootropics.

uh, it's hard to say honestly. I mean, I've only really learned things since I started smoking so I feel smarter.

4 is the highest you can get, i'll continue to be pleased to be in the 3.8 range

There a whole field of study that can be based (partly) in drugs - the study of consciousness. For this very reason I enjoy psychedelics the most.

When I'm using psychs, I have a completely different outlook about everything. It's like my brain is not that of a human being. Psychs enable "thinking outside the box" because under its influence, you're using a different box.

Go on then tell us how you've solved the hard problem by getting high.

>in b4 Heyyy man, its like,,, we're all energy... maaaaan.

currently microdosing LSD and enjoying the hell out of my chem classes. would recommend for any STEM major to spruce up your routine.

Do not take advice from these people.

adderall gives you the energy and motivation to get large amounts of school work done in a relatively small amount of time

Anxiolytics: Do they work? I have GAD (been Diagnosed since 8 and it SUCKS) and ASD. They seem to work well, but I'm only 18 and "A Fucking White Male"'s brain doesn't stop its development until the age of 26. I'm also worried about the dependency risk. The doc has them on hold and they are listed as a "per neccessity" basis.

What do?

Yes.

>weederyday, Vicodin, stolen amphetamines, codine, Norco for a broken arm

Yet I'm a Pure Math/CS grad with social engineering as a hobby and 2 jobs.
Funny..

Basically this, I have a habit of getting hyper-focused on the wrong things but nevermind that.

>read through an insane amount of text
But did you remember it all
>BOUNS
How have you actually using all that reading you did?

Nigger what, I broke my arm a few months ago and you're a gigantic pussy if you need all of that for it.
[spoiler]tearing my ACL two months later, could have used some of that shit then[/spoiler]

>you cant let school get in the way of your education

actual advice that makes sense

4 is perfect. anything above a 3.5 is usually very good

Also we need spoiler tags

>the study of consciousness
>very reason I enjoy psychedelics the most

only had 3 of thoses for the arm

Got to try Morphine in the ambulance ride too while listening to pink floyd. Good times.

Yes on stimulants you remember.

For example, when I snorted about a gram of coke one evening I read on for hours on scientific experiments with coke and monkeys, explaining how they all killed themselfs, given unlimited acess to said coke.

That was quite a thought for me, since I had alot of coke at home at the time. (I used to be a drug dealer)

But amphetamines are better for studying than coke. If you have problem with concentration you should microdose it.

There is a reason why psychedelics are called "mind expanding drugs".

it's dark here friend, we should go
time to go

Go where?

Everywhere that's not this thread, unless you want the cancer

I was a pretty apathetic person before I started doing psychs. With a different outlook, I could see the reason most people aren't as apathetic as I was. I could feel emotions I've never felt, and accept aspects of my personality I never thought of.

You want an example of a problem I solved while tripping? Here you go:
I can now see the way design of houses effects people's behavior. I can now see the effect of something as simple as a vase set on a table, the location of chairs and the temperature of the room (every degree counts, not just the hot/cold aspect). You can say it's just a rational thought, and that I could reach to this conclusion just by thinking about it for a while. You might be right, but under the influence of psychs (this case, LSD), this conclusion just popped to my head. Ever since I thought of it, I've became very interested in designing. I redisgned my room, and now I feel much more comfortable with it, and I discuss about it quite often with my friends, which opens up plenty of interesting conversations.

So I understand you've experienced every drug under the sun and now you can safely say non of them are good for humans, and that anyone who claims otherwise is a moron.

The human race knows quite well the consciousness of humans. (Not entirely true, most psychology studies are made on American psychology students, so we know quite well the consciousness of the average American psychology student)
We are aware of other consciousnesses, for example, those of animals. We cannot learn them too well, due to lack of proper communication, but we can safely say they are different.
Furthermore, there's an ocean of possible consciousnesses we don't even know about. Some of these are those of mind altering drugs.
Do a psych and you'll understand what I mean by "different consciousnesses".
If you're too afraid, read about ayahuasca. There are a few very interesting researches about it.

>ocean of possible consciousnesses
>mind altering drugs

Awareness is not what we need. Learn about tapping into the new possible awarenesses. All possible without drugs. An I'm this user ~

after eating magic mushrooms i found myself fascinated with botany for a semester

different things for different applications

i like to be stoned when im reviewing video transects

i like to drink heart palpitation strength coffee and snort dexamphet. when im running stats

i usually drink a bottle of red wine while im writing essays

man I just smoke cigs daily and maybe some weed like twice a year
With weed it's just for fun and a change of pace, the cigarettes are for stress (and addiction)
I tried lsd and dmt, didn't like it at all.

Not him, but i smoke daily and have a 3.97GPA
It definitely has slowed me down over the years but it's really just an internal struggle to motivate yourself.
If you have trouble with motivation now, weed will make it 10x worse

I wouldn't recommend anyone to take psychedelics, in case someone naive is actually taking the idiots in this thread seriously.

this

Nicotine (gum or lozenges, not smoking)
Coffee
Modafinil for those sleep deprived days.

Ill keep this short. I have tried many drugs, hard, not hard and psychedelics.

Of every single drug i have tried the single one that has stagnated and hurt my academic career the overwhelmingly most is ALCOHOL.

Weed and beer most nights, psychedelics as often as I can. I tend to do a lot of mescaline around exam times. Math major, generally get A's. I used to shoot up a mix of oxycontin and ritalin daily, but I wouldn't recommend it as it made me into a smelly conniving husk and was very difficult to give up.

this desu

fucking hell, the poor mans speedball he says?

why the fuck not

>consider stimulants to help me study
>took 40mg of adderall IR with zero tolerance
>got high as fuck
>masturbated for a good 10 hours

Explain? I never understood how people could become dependent on it. It's only fun for getting drunk at parties.

I don't understand these people who daydrink every week

I used to pop mollies every weekend, binge drink, do lines, get baked, and not be productive. Got put on adderall and now I just do math for fun, forgot I was good at it when i can actually focus.

Didnt mean to post yet.
The rave lifestyle didnt fuck up my academic career, but SSRIs did a few years prior. Made me an emotionless hermit, dropped out and played league for 2 years. The partying was making up for lost time I guess. Actually re enrolled when I started that since i was feeling good again. I dont regret that time at all, it was a lot of fun and nothing bad happened. Mollies eventually started giving me really bad comeups(made me want to warm up, cool off, sit down, walk, talk, and be alone all at the same time. Very uncomfortable.) so i stopped. I still go to shows now and then but I dont go hard anymore, well I do at festivals but thats 2-3 times a year.

I was still only taking easy classes and generals at that time, avoiding math and cs classes. I hadnt taken math since jr year highschool and I was in slow math. Basically hoplessly behind, procrastinating on catching up.

Got diagnosed with ADHD early this year and I was put on adderall. Its the real deal, changed my life. I dont have any desire to get fucked up anymore, I caught up to Calc 1 over the summer (from retard alg 1) and scored perfectly on my college placement retake, which was fucking huge for me. I didnt think I could ever catch up. Now Im doing 18 credits in calc+cs courses with straight A's, I've always been that C/D student that gets the material fine but just doesnt put in the work. I feel like the limitless guy compared to myself before this year.

Also caffiene withdrawal is worse than any other crash/withdrawal ive experienced.

Not really. I used to get smoke weed a ton, but it just kind of got boring. I can't function very well at all when I'm high. So, I couldn't read the books I like, or do any work that I enjoy whether it was difficult or not.

I also would normally just pass out inside of an hour. It was just kind of a time/money sink.

Sometimes I definitely miss being completely ripped, and hanging out with my friends, but we're all graduated now, and almost everyone has jobs that require drug tests. It's not really an option anymore.

I smoked weed a few times a week ago, and now i totally regret it, because i feel really alienated and weird, also my short term memory still hasnt totally restored yet.
What did i gain from this? Nothing. A few hours of being stoned and having fun watching stupid videos on youtube. What did i lose? A sense of total awareness, i feel really paranoid now, even though it should all go back to normal in a few weeks. Please don`t touch weed, anons. Its not worth it.

kek

I don't do drugs to work harder b/c I've never found that to work (I say this as someone who was on Adderall by prescription for a number of painful years). However, as a by-product of being constantly on Adderall, I was really upset all the time and did a lot of opiates and sedatives to tone my shit down. This combination of drugs fucked my life up pretty bad.

Now I am no longer on prescription Adderall, so I drink beer or smoke pot recreationally. It has no impact on my academic career and in fact I took one portion of my comprehensive exam stoned and got an A-.

So, unsurprisingly, it depends on how you use drugs, which drugs you use and who you are.

> no impact
> A-
aint sayin jus sayin