Does smoking or vaping help you read?

Does smoking or vaping help you read?

No.

No. I take smoke breaks to think about what I just read, but never smoke while reading.

>Vaping

Tobacco in general is good for hard reading, i.e. reading hard stuff in a foreign language. I can't tell you how often I've been stumped by a line of Pindar or sentence of Tacitus, and realized the solution ten seconds after a pinch of good, strong English snuff. Cigarettes work somewhat as well, but I find them heavier and more intoxicating. Snuff is powdered wit and I truly believe that I would be poorer read without its aid.

smokes kill

Before I budge an inch
I hail aurora with a pinch;
After three cups of morning tea
A pinch most grateful is to me;
If then by chance the post arrive,
My fingers still the deeper dive,
When gallant nelson gains his point
I sink deep to the middle joint;
And soon as ere the work he clinches,
Oh then I take the pinch of pinches
For rich or poor, In peace or strife,
It smooths the rugged path of life.

Nice, I thought snuff was just something you saw in nineteenth century Russian lit.

Why not?

real patricians use those nicotine patches

like, alot of them

Same.
It always makes me think of the Nose by Gogol.

>denmark
>snus
?

i dont think i've ever actually encountered "vape culture" beyond hundreds of not funny parody images on social media

This is a solid oral snuff and stands up to anything the Swedes make. I don't like it for reading though as it is very strong and sedating. I like it on a hike or on the river etc.

Nasal snuff is not much used these days but is still around; there are a couple of mills that are still active in England and Germany, and many more in India and some other places. It's really very nice and I highly recommend it. I'd say it is the most stimulating and refreshing mode of taking tobacco, not to mention the least injurious to health.

vape culture is when you're sitting on a bench on campus waiting for your next class and some retard stands a few feet away from you and starts blowing out clouds of strawberry scented vapor that makes it way towards you and up your nose and you ask them if they could stand downwind from you so you don't have to deal with that strawberry stink and instead of being polite they say it's harmless and keep blowing away

i do ~60% of my reading during smoke breaks.

when i lived in georgia (where you can still smoke in bars) you see pockets of vapers blowing those ridiculously big hookah clouds all night.

At times when I'm anxious or hyper and can't seem to focus.
I avoid it as much as possible though since it make my wife red angry hot. She's from a culture were smoking is seen as absolutely degenerative and only for "criminals". In the past she literally has ex-communicated me for days, and even threaten to leave me for literally just smoking.
It's perhaps her biggest nono. It's kind of funny.

Interesting. What snuff do you recommend for reading? I'll buy some. I usually smoke a Cohiba or Montecristo cigarillo a day and really enjoy a little tobacco here and there.

Accurate as fuck

I find it's relaxing to sit outside on my deck while reading and smoke a cigarette slowly, not even taking puffs generally just enjoying the relaxing nature of it. Otherwise it's pretty silly to say it makes an impact

Yeah, I've gotten a few people like this approach me in public in various places where you're not supposed to smoke. Once, a guy at the student union came up and told us off, just yesterday, a guy at the airshow let off a belligerent ejaculation immediately after I crushed the cigarillo down, "You're gonna pick that up? No smoking on the flight line."

Nice trips

Oh yeah, and to answer the question, I don't find it really helps me read directly, but definitely taking a moment to do nothing but smoke helps clear the head. I tend to find the stimulant effect not very sharp or clarifying, same with when I smoked cigarettes, to me it more just feels like a sense of mild bodily agitation. It doesn't quite feel good, nor bad, but just kind of interesting.

Sometimes a dip of snuff is just a dip of snuff

I usually won't smoke while reading, but sometimes it's nice to take a walk down to one of the parks near my house and read a book and have a cigarette or two.

What's really nice is smoking pot and then reading. I won't read right after smoking because it's too hard to pay attention, but an hour or two after when the high has settled down somewhat it's incredible how absorbed I can get

Yes, but I don't think it actually helps you read
I've just created the habit of chainsmoking while reading

No. It may help me think, though.

I tend to smoke a pipe. I go to the nearby forest, find a place to hang around and smoke there. I never read, but I often think about what I read.