Holy

Holy.

Shit.

Truly the meme worth following

Is Gaddis a meme?

I've got a feeling that this book is just a boring meme. JR sounds pretty good but i'll pass on this one family.

You're a boring meme.

this is his magnum opus though

>More pages =/= magnum opus.

pretty much this

>I've got a feeling that this book is just a boring meme.

i've got a feeling that this pseud is never even going to finish reading it.

is The Recognitions the "Zeitgeist" of literature? Sure seems like it.

Because of what?

It WAS the Zeitgeist of literature; that's why all the critics hated it.

isn't Zeigeist about the same stuff though?

le mithraism etc etc

An user here once said it was a Christian novel.

But without having read it, it seems more like he's critiquing most of (western) Christianity.

It can be read either way. It is no doubt a criticism of Christians, and the Church especially. While there are several jabs at Christ himself, the book laments a lack of Christian virtue.

holy shit. as in holy shit the last 300 pages of this book make me wanna fucking blow my brains out because it's so boring and repetitive. wyatts nuts. Stanleys nuts. everyone's fucking crazy. look what living a shitty life does to you boo fucking hoo. do not read this book it is a waste of time. if anything just read the parts where people are at the parties or wyatts dad is in it. only parts worth a damn.

JR sounds like the only good Gaddis

his later stuff seems objectively shit

> I sue you
> So sue me
> xDDDDDDDD

And if Gass keeps trying to attach his name to The Recognitions than it's probably a sign to stay away (Gass is shit).

a frolic of his own is dope too and carpenters Gothic.

They don't seem good and are only read because the very same man wrote JR and The Recognitions.

damn you are dumb lol

It's literally rehashed Beckett.

Who cares?

>absolute madman