>>8346735

Sexy photo

Other urls found in this thread:

vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR-3?-source=I/337/gaia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the point in wasting money on this stupid bullshit when there's so much hunger in the world?

Fuck third world countries

>mom I posted it again

>What's the point

Science is to gather information, and as history has consistently shown the practical application of that data collection isn't truly realized until long after.

You're on a computer typing words for all of the world to see, which would never have happened if two scientists had not wanted to measure atoms, and invented a tool to measure photons, which later became the micro processor.

The mere act of gathering information from space requires advanced technology that is always utilized elsewhere.

To move forward into the unknown brings a wealth of knowledge far greater than can be imagined, realized, or appreciated.

Where is all the information about the stars in this photo? As 8 bit .PNG file all I see just grey grain and trying to expose the image up or down doesn't do anything.

Is this a scam or are they fantasists doing "science"? How it is possible to measure anything from this shitty image?

Supposedly it is being converted into a 3d format we'll be able to view in 3d.
Yesterday many people on the internet were excited about being able to view the Milky Way in virtual 3d, but so far most are asking - Where is that virtual 3d view of the Milky Way?

See: and

Okay that sounds very interesting. I think they of course already have had lot of different catalogs (which in turn can be and has been imported into Space Engine for example) so visualizing them is interesting.

But I don't understand how to get any information from that grey pixel sludge, even when you download the largest format image from the site.

Interesting regardless.

>how to get any information from that grey pixel sludge

I am not an expert so this could wrong, but presumably similar to Hubble the colors of space images are interpolated with different camera instruments, collecting different forms of the data, and compiled as one to become full color.

>Acknowledgement: A. Moitinho & M. Barros (CENTRA – University of Lisbon), on behalf of DPAC

Hey that's my uni

What is going to be the next big discovery? What does it mean that there are billions of stars in our galaxy only and besides that there are billions of galaxies on top of that? It blows my mind.

Has there been any proofs that what we see in space is actually there? I mean could it be a distortion of some kind?

Good post. Is that really how the microprocessor came about?

There are different means to visually confirm what is out there in space - gamma rays radiation, etc.

As far as I know it is how it came about, but even then it took years for that application to be fully realized as technology at the time still used vacuum tubes into the 50's and 60's. It's full potential wouldn't be fully utilized until the 70's, with Bill Gates, and gang in a garage.

>the most detailed
>looks like a pile of transparent gray spheres a 2 year old does in photoshop

fucking Veeky Forums fallig for memes

we will never solve world hunger but science needs to move foward

>Bill Gates

Wow, you are clearly retarded. Unix existed way before Microshit, Gates did not contribute anything. He only stole most of the code from the real scientists. Get your fucking facts straight

I know but this is that these images look much more interesting already compared to that grey sludge they released.

>1142 million
>1.142 billion

Rewrite it as 1,142,000,000,000.

Nevermind, misread.

I'm saying, that's why we have the number set we call "billions". So we don't have to keep using million after we get past 999 million.

What are those 2 galaxies?

Because if we manage travel to the stars we can leave all those hungry fat neckbeards behind

He was with the same gang with Steve Jobs building the first personal computer in a garage.

You assume I suggested he invented personal computers, which is not true. He, and the others got together to build a personal computer, but it wasn't until later on that he tricked IBM into establishing his own computer language he to profit on.

Much of what we have was the work of many people over a long period of time, so don't assume it was only one person. It was about people coming together with new ideas, not insulting each other for self gratification.

Micro processors, transistors, and semi conductors took several decades of scientists attempting to understand how the matter of our Universe is constructed to reach our current comfortable living.

Try not to disregard the hardwork of so many people trying understand of math, and science over centuries.

Large and small Magellanic clouds

It's just a plot, you're not supposed to get any data from the image. The GAIA catalog exists independently.

vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR-3?-source=I/337/gaia

Neat, thank you.

So are you basically saying that we dump all money on a black hole? Not so smart user.
The only thing you could get at best is that people living in those countries could triple their birth rate because they don't give a fuck about help and less about you.

Why does spectrum light have different colors?

>Be me
>Professional astronomer
>Really looking forward to this because precise distances to the stars I study would be VERY helpful
>Almost none of the stars are in the Gaia catalogue???
>The ones that are have less precise parallaxes than Hipparcos???

This has been very disappointing so far.

The Africans are starving because we let them get overpopulated by giving them food/medical aid. They need a dieback anyways.

This was always the plan. It was made very clear what would be in DR1.