Undaground

Will we start building underground apartments in highly populated western cities (Paris , London ..... ) . Why hasn't this been done yet ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJvrTYmp1C0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not a civil engineer or anything but isn't there already a lot of shit under there? Pipes, wiring, subways, sewers, gas lines, foundations of buildings, etc.

The problem is that you are not allowed to live in a building without windows, without an extra fire escape etc. Rules and regulations make it impossible to actual officially life in it. So for a man cave it works but for a real underground living facility I'm afraid not.

>get raided by cyberpolice deathsquad
>they throw molotov down
>you're fucked
Nah thanks.

How the fuck did this cunt get his furniture down there? Imagine moving in/out via that fucking small ass hole and ladder? Fuck that shit.

I'm all for living underground, but holy fuck, at least make it convenient. That entry is useless and as said, likely going to end up getting you killed.

>no shower in pic
but ok, it says "hacker"

>2024
>DVDs clearly visible next to both computers

Don't know where you live but that does not aply here. The army is selling out tons of bunkers and underground former millitary bases and such that they have no use for. There are no provisoes with regards to making it into a home.

Also i don't know if boulding sub surface living facilities would be economicallt feaseble everywhere. The ground where i live is mostly clay i no hard bedrock with high ground water levels. We found an abandoned three story bunker a while ago. All the HVAC stuff was no functioning obvously and the bottom floor was partially flooded, it was very hot and the air was so humid and bad that mold was growing on the husk of phone and electricity wires. Seems like it would be expensive to have that place running with a comfortable climate. The bunker was built in the 50s though

>no shower
>no way to get emergency services inside
>death trap in case of a fire or gas leak
>dependent on power supply for fresh air
sure, you COULD live there, but why the fuck would you want to?

>no shower
>no way of doing laundry
>no fridge
>no pantry
>no indication of how the bunker is powered
>huge stack of books where a shelf for them could easily fit
>rubbish outside of bin
>no bed, couch looks too small to be a foldout
>no microwave
>no mad 5.1 audio setup
>no decontamination chamber between the entrance and the bunker

Whoever made this picture should swallow raw plutonium

IKEA flat pack :^)

No, there will just be more urban sprawl until we have megacities.

Digging and excavating is expen$$$ive. I put three dollar signs in expensive to emphasize how expensive it is.

>Why hasn't this been done yet ?

Tract(sp?) homes are cheaper.

You meant 7.2 audio setup

>Why hasn't this been done yet?
rich people are already doing it, user.

>"Hacker's Hideout 2024"
>Uses dell laptop, wired mouse and DVDs

A cave is a grave.

As this user ( ) says, people are already doing it. Mostly it's rich people building basements for their homes because they don't have much space (search for iceberg house), but it's only a matter of time before the price of housing is high enough to compensate the obscene building costs. Even if people don't want to live there, underground parking is very valuable.

I guess there are issues with subway systems. Although you could see that as an advantage with extensive underground building already in place.

>dig out hole
>put fully furnished "Prepper-TechTM ready-made Disaster Shelter 3000 (patent pending)" in the ditch
>cover with dirt

What you people don't know is that most people actually hate not having sunlight.

Humans love sunlight for some biological reason, which is why we put windows everywhere. There's been some studies that show humans go stir crazy without sunlight.

Why would that be a problem? The fireball shouldn't create enough overpressure to get through the door, and unless the area below the grate is filled with fuel or something, it won't do any lasting damage. And besides, ideally the entrance to the top of the shaft should be concealed somehow, hidden in the basement of a secure building or something.

It's always been common for hackers to have a thing for retro tech.

>shattered burning fuel bottle that uses up all the oxygen in the small space and goes out burning nothing at all around it barely getting anything warm

Oh no, sounds terrible.

You could throw a grenade down there and it won't do shit to that door.

>21st century
>cassette tape player clearly visible next to CRT monitor

What are your Thetan levels? Can you walk through walls yet?

There's actually a lot of studies regarding not getting enough sunlight and a huge increase in depression

>Humans love sunlight for some biological reason
Maybe because we need it to make vitamin D.

He's probably still in training.

Take supplements. Plus you only need like 15 mins a week for the Vitamin D needed in that amount of time.

There's probably a lot of things the body does with sunlight that we've yet to discover. However, a link to depression is just a correlation. It may be psychological instead of chemical, but I bet it is both.

Christ almighty. I remember those dragonrider books. They had these giant genetically modified lizards and they didn't do dick. Homegirl talked about that stupid space rain for 400 pages and then not shit would happen. I have no fucking clue why I read that entire goddamn series.

I loved them, they were comfy. However, I read them in chronological order according to the timeline in the books, instead of in the order they were released.

LOL, the "hacker" is a console gamer

What jars me the most is that there's a PC room and a "TV" room in 2024. I don't even know anyone that owns a "TV" now. Everyone here owns a PC/smartphone/laptop that plugs into a screen (of any type).

It has in Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=PJvrTYmp1C0