How do I turn into a turboautist genius?

I have no problem understanding mathematics but I'm lazy as fuck and honestly don't have the spark for making anything relevant.
I don't believe hard work is everything you need as I've always done well with little effort and I've known some people people far quicker than me.
First, how do I make myself like mathematics? Usually I dive into a subject but after some weeks I end up disliking it and jump to something else.
Second, what's the secret of famous mathematicians? Do they get insight from their subconscious like Neumann and Ramanujan? What else?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan#Other_mathematicians.27_views_of_Ramanujan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Tinsley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_direct-current_stimulation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>halp sci how do i get gud at something i dont do and am not going to start doing any day soon
god these fucking threads suck so bad

It sounds like you need to grow some balls.

>Hardy said: "He combined a power of generalization, a feeling for form, and a capacity for rapid modification of his hypotheses, that were often really startling, and made him, in his own peculiar field, without a rival in his day. The limitations of his knowledge were as startling as its profundity. Here was a man who could work out modular equations and theorems... to orders unheard of, whose mastery of continued fractions was... beyond that of any mathematician in the world, who had found for himself the functional equation of the zeta function and the dominant terms of many of the most famous problems in the analytic theory of numbers; and yet he had never heard of a doubly periodic function or of Cauchy's theorem, and had indeed but the vaguest idea of what a function of a complex variable was...".[106] When asked about the methods Ramanujan employed to arrive at his solutions, Hardy said that they were "arrived at by a process of mingled argument, intuition, and induction, of which he was entirely unable to give any coherent account."[107] He also stated that he had "never met his equal, and can compare him only with Euler or Jacobi."[107]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan#Other_mathematicians.27_views_of_Ramanujan

I'm most likely better than you.

>Deeply religious,[5] Ramanujan credited his substantial mathematical capacities to divinity: '"An equation for me has no meaning," he once said, "unless it expresses a thought of God."'[6]

cant start new topic so ill ask here:

what are my options for buying a slide rule and a compass but without using a lotta money?

Nobody cares, autist. Get the fuck out with this cancerous thread.

A-tier: hard-working AND talented
B-tier: hard-working OR talented
F-tier: You.

>"The spectacular thing about Johnny was not his power as a mathematician, which was great, or his insight and his clarity, but his rapidity; he was very, very fast. And like the modern computer, which no longer bothers to retrieve the logarithm of 11 from its memory (but, instead, computes the logarithm of 11 each time it is needed), Johnny didn't bother to remember things. He computed them. You asked him a question, and if he didn't know the answer, he thought for three seconds and would produce an answer." - Paul Halmos, Mathematician.

[Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.]

Here's you (You).

>Henry Ford had ordered a dynamo for one of his plants. The dynamo didn't work, and not even the manufacturers could figure out why. A Ford employee told his boss that von Neumann was "the smartest man in America," so Ford called von Neumann and asked him to come out and take a look at the dynamo.
>Von Neumann came, looked at the schematics, walked around the dynamo, then took out a pencil. He marked a line on the outside casing and said, "If you'll go in and cut the coil here, the dynamo will work fine."
>They cut the coil, and the dynamo did work fine. Ford then told von Neumann to send him a bill for the work. Von Neumann sent Ford a bill for $5,000. Ford was astounded - $5,000 was a lot in the 1950s - and asked von Neumann for an itemised account. Here's what he submitted:
>Drawing a line with the pencil: $ 1
>Knowing where to draw the line with the pencil: $4,999
>Ford paid the bill.

By getting trips

In all honesty, I think this is one of those things where "If you have to ask, you'll never know". Why do you want to be a great mathematician if you don't like math?

Where are you getting these Neumann stories? Can't find shit like this anywhere no matter how hard I google

>Tinsley had a doctorate from Ohio State University in the mathematical discipline of combinatorial analysis.[3] He worked as a professor of mathematics at Florida State University and Florida A&M University. Tinsley once claimed to have spent approximately 10,000 hours studying checkers while in graduate school. Tinsley also served as a lay preacher in the Disciples of Christ church.[3]

>Tinsley retired from championship play in 1991. In August 1992, he defeated the Chinook computer program 4–2 (with 33 draws) in a match. Chinook had placed second at the U.S. Nationals in 1990, which usually qualifies one to compete for a national title. However, the American Checkers Federation and the English Draughts Association refused to allow a computer to play for the title. Unable to appeal their decision, Tinsley resigned his title as World Champion and immediately indicated his desire to play against Chinook. The unofficial yet highly publicized match was quickly organized, and was won by Tinsley.

>In one game, Chinook, playing with white pieces, made a mistake on the tenth move. Tinsley remarked, "You're going to regret that." Chinook resigned after move 36, fully 26 moves later. The lead programmer Jonathan Schaeffer looked back into the database and discovered that Tinsley picked the only strategy that could have defeated Chinook from that point and Tinsley was able to see the win 64 moves into the future.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Tinsley

Spam filter.

>Why do you want to be a great mathematician if you don't like math?
That's the only meaningful major besides physics.
Now after graduating I'm a NEET.
I might as well kill myself but that would make my parents sad.

>At a seminar, von Neumann was asked the following question: consider two cars with their rear bumpers touching. They each travel in opposite directions at a speed of 1/2 m/s. Meanwhile, a fly, which we assume for simplicity to travel instantaneously, flies from one car to the other every second. What is the total distance covered by the fly?
>von Neumann replied immediately with the answer: -1/12 meter
>"Ha!", the questioner exclaimed. "That proves you think like a physicist, rather than like a mathematician!"
>"No," von Neumann replied, "I merely summed the series".

grow larger frontal lobes with very dense neurons like Einstein

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_direct-current_stimulation

well yeah, because he had god on his side

>Second, what's the secret of famous mathematicians?
Their secret was they actually enjoyed math, and didn't do it because they wanted to impress people with how much of a smartypants they were (like you.) If you want to waste your life trying to prove to the world that you're smart then just go into medicine, you'll actually get laid and make money.

i will keep this in consideration, thank you

t. not OP