Is this meme as good as people say it is?

Is this meme as good as people say it is?
Worth a read?

No.

Yes.

Maybe.

pls

I don't know.
Can you repeat the question?

I liked them in early high school. But even then I was pissed off by the last 3 books. It's good genre fiction if you want to turn your brain off.

>Stephen King
Do you seriously have to ask?

I've never read King so I wouldn't know.

lmao just read the first book. I guarantee you won't want to read another.

I liked the first one, but the rest were whatever.

if stephen king is the mcdonalds of literature, then who is the in-n-out?

wew

These books get worse the further you read. Basically the ramblings of a psycho crackhead who goes on longer more intense trips as the story progresses.

That said, the first book is OK standalone.

That's a shame. I'll look for some other shitty genre fiction then.

First book was so good it made me want to continue, finished book 4 Wizard and Gala before I got so freaking sick of it. Its just random and shifty symbolism and nonsense. Just read the first book, its the only good one

*Glass

Does it work well as a strand alone? No cliffhanger or anything?

Some what. Each book kind of is it own adventure and the next on starts with a new one. And it just get more insane and stupid the further to go until your like "why am I wasting all this time?".

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
AND YOU'RE NOT SO BIG

life is unfair

William Gibson

I'm biased because I like King. I'll say read the first one. If you like it, read the second. If you still like it you may as well read the whole thing, but be warned. Do not expect a satisfying conclusion.

If you have time, read Salem's Lot, Hearts in Atlantis, The Stand, and The Talisman for tie-in support. The Dark Tower is King's opus, but it's also the center of his 'universe' and you won't appreciate some of the references and characters without reading his other works.