Submit the plot that you will never finish

Do it e/lit/ists.

my diary

a sycophant for achievements finds himself in dire straights when all his places of inspiration has dried up. So he resorts to making a thread online at an anonymous website to adopt abandoned ideas from cyber strangers. .

can't think of anything beyond this however.

Canadian Finnegans Wake.

A meandering college freshman can't concentrate on his study, or his social life, as all he can do is consume dank memes and console his only friend - who is /r9k/ personified.

I wanted it to be a tiresome and cringeworthy novel to read, and for you to feel disdain, amusement and sometimes disgust at these pathetic characters. It's written in the protagonists first person, as though a manifesto or diary, and he can't help but write horrific metaphors or disperse the already threadbare plot with cumbersome analogies, skype passages, jokes/memes or little sub-stories.

The trouble with all this is that while fun to write, it would probably boring to read. So far I have 8 pages, but I feel like it will most like be condensed into a short story.

A comedy about a deadly and highly contagious STI from the perspective of a kissless virgin.

Lolololol

A story where the metaphor is the death of the wild west, because there aren't enough of those.

Spin on Victorian mummy unwrapping party. Modern setting, dinner party where a murderer is to be executed during the evening.

Not OP but trying to adopt abandoned ideas from cyber strangers just as you wrote, lol.
Keep going on, Veeky Forums the bonfire.

The long history of a chaotic land and the generations of people that inhabit it from early civilization to the first contact with extraterrestrials
The characters across the ages will of course have their own personal stories, but it is also about the land itself

Seriously, why do these faggots fall for this datamining bullshit every single time? It's pathetic.

your mom lol

> A woman joins the circus but its NOT ALL it cracked up she thought it would be

Would read/10
I'm not kissless tho

A man starts to travel inside his dreams, he discovers hell, heaven, memories and hopes. He then starts to go deeper trying to find out what lies at the very bottom.

A trilogy of historical fantasy novels set in the waning years of the French monarchy, starring a young aristocrat who has the ability to magically persuade people with her speech. Starts on the eve of the French Revolution, which is actually prevented at the end of the first book, and then continues on into alternate history.

The amount of research I'd have to do to get them right frightens and intimidates me, on top of having to actually nail class intrigue and courtly politics.

Sounds fantastic, don't lose hope with it, the research you do now will give you more time for the novel later.

So Code Geass: France edition?

>Notes from Veeky Forums

Realistic depection of a Urban fantasy about Supernaturals and the Morals and other assorted things they view compared to humans. And possible a deconstruction of a half human half supernatural child

A cynical, existencial and depressed mid-life P.I. finds out about a drug-related crime which left a suitcase of money unnatended.

He discovers that the suitcase has been taken by this schizophrenic old homeless man, and has to track him down and then discover where he hid the money (he's too scrambled to remember).

This gets him inside the mind of someone lost within himself, and as he investigate the whereabouts of the suitcase, he gradually discovers that maybe the old man is a lot more lucid than he thought, and maybe he should be investigating his own self...

What you guys think? I have been working on this story for quite some time, but some parts of it still strike me as clichéd (the suitcase, the cynical P.I., the possibility of a crimelord as villain...) Any advice?

I'm not going to tell you the plots because I don't think a synopsis will be very interesting to read, but I have a question.
I shelved two potential novels after sketching out the plots because I didn't feel ready to write them yet. I am actively working on writing a third as I've found the right angle to come at it where I failed before.
The thing is, one of them shares a similar setting and themes to the one I am working on, so there are lots of ideas I can plunder from it to use right now.
Should I? I may never return to those first two anyway. But if I take ideas from them and use them now, the content will need to be replaced with fresh ideas, they won't feel whole and it'll be even harder to return to later. Despite the potential for overlap, they still feel cogent and self contained, taking them apart would make them seem patchwork and piecemeal, at least to me.

>Should I

Only if it serves the current novel, and you aren't doing it just to "pad" its themes.

Also, a lot of authors revolved around the same few themes all their lives, since those were the ones which resonated the most in their souls. A lot of the "genious" in writting isn't coming with fresh ideas or themes, but finding a new way to "tackle" them, the "right angle" you were talking about. Even if you did reuse them, you could make it still worthwhile by handling them in a different manner.

Fuck it. Roast me Veeky Forums.

Setting:
>This world is complicated with lots of races, political correctness, religions and the Demon Lord's appearance.
>Magic and shits.
>Femdom because I like it.

Introduction:
>A nameless soldier lives in the forest, his name is user.
>The Queen calls him back to the kingdom.
>nope.jpg
>Got chased by Royal Guards, run away.
>Leader of Royal Guards says the Queen will give him a ring that can put him into an eternal sleep.
>OK.jpg
>The Queen requests user to protect the princess on a trip to conquer the Demon Lord.
>OK I do not care, just give me the ring later.

Characters:
>user: Jack of all trades and master of all, knows everything but pretends that he know nothing so that he will not have to anything. He claims that a curse has been put on him and it has morphed his head, so he never opens his helmet nor talks. He communicates through gestures and writes on papers if he really has to have a conversation.
>Princess: Tactic leader, jack of all trades and master of none.
>Healer (male): Handsome, sweet, kind, good vibes.
>Shieldmaiden: Calm and collected, big bro of the team.
>Spearmaiden: Shieldmaiden's younger sister, selfish, high-and-mighty but not a bad girl.
>Chief: an old woman who used to be the best Pyromancy of the Kingdom.
>Elf Magician: Specialized in summoning magics.
>Time-and-space Magician: cold inside and outside.
>Archer: falls in love at first sight with user when she shakes his hand. She has a special magic which give people fear when they touch her but user is not affected by it.
>"Self-proclaimed protagonist" young guy: got summoned from an other world by the elf magican. He is a NEET and fails at everything.

After the characters' introduction, I'm stuck.

I get annoyed when writers focus too much on similar things, I'm a fan of variety, but I take your point. All three share one particular theme, it's just that due to the similar settings of two there are a lot of quite superficial things like character and place names that work equally well in both.
That's given me food for thought, thanks for the intelligent response.

Billy and the cloneasaurus: about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques

Yes. I confess to being a complete Geassfag.

>Femdom because I like it
>inserting your fetishes into the story
Don't do it user, just don't do it.

WHAT were you THINKING?

It is just half of the reason. I like femdom and I think it will make my plot more... logical since in my world, women makes better Magican than men.

It's already shitty genre fiction, a prominent fetish theme will only increase the appeal, considering the target audience.

This sounds like a light novel. So it's all but guaranteed to be shit.

An autistic med student seeks for relationships with females only because he's interested in their genitals.

I'm writing five video games. Here are brief summaries of the plots:

1. People arguing
2. Dragons arguing
3. Ninja librarian
4. Dragon genocide
5. Family claustrophobia

What if I add actual medieval swordfighting and not-shitty magical system into it?
It is like, people actually apply magic into some aspect of their life. In example: they can use magic to make something more durable, so they make ultra-sharp sword without afraid breaking them.
By the way, what is light novel?

>What if I add actual medieval swordfighting and not-shitty magical system into it?

Then it will be a shitty novel with a fancy garland on top of it.

You're writing, to borrow a phrase, a lie told to entertain. It can be a well thought out one, sure, but it probably won't have any significance other than a passing diversion. What's more, any such significance would be wasted, since the audience for that kind of novel probably won't appreciate or even notice it. Don't try to make it good, make it entertaining and marketable.
Also, 'actual swordfighting' is a meaningless term. If you want realistic action sequences, sure, go for it, but it is a stylistical choice that isn't inherently superior to any other. Making sure the fights fit with the overall tone is more important than waving your HEMA-peen.

Ok here's the plot of a story I've been wanting to write for a long time now. I've started and re-started working on it a few times now and I've just never been able to write it the way that I want.

It's a sci-fi story about a man following in the footsteps of his father to become the greatest space-disco dancer in the galaxy. After his father's death, the main character drifts around the galaxy competing in dance competitions, until one day he meets this girl. He helps her escape some drug dealing thugs trying to kidnap her, and the two of them soon find themselves pursued by an intergalactic drug cartel.
They get swept up in an ongoing police investigation into this drug cartel, and the washed up chief of police reveals to the main character that he knew his father... and that in fact his father was his partner, an undercover cop using his space dancing career as an alibi, who died while they were investigating this same drug cartel years ago. Working together, the main character, the old police chief, and the girl learn that the secret to the cartel's success is that they use psychically-gifted people as slave labor to extract dangerous chemical compounds from asteroids and process them into their highly addictive drug.
The cartel was trying to kidnap the girl because they detected that she has psychic powers, and as they track down the cartel's base of operations and the main character gets closer to revenge on the drug lord who murdered his father, she learns to harness her power and becomes eager to free the others like herself who are being used as slaves.She uses her powers to locate the hidden cartel base within an uncharted nebula.
The story reaches it's climax with a final confrontation at the cartel headquarters, where the old police chief gives his life taking a bullet for the main character, and together the main character and the girl defeat the drug lord, free the slaves, and destroy the drug factory.
They fall in love and this passion finally gives him the edge he needs to win the space-disco championship and become the greatest dancer in the galaxy.

can someone comment on this? I know it's shite but I can feel there's a good story somewhere in there

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Sure.

Why not just remove the bits you're worried about, replace them with something else? Change the MacGuffin to something else entirely then extrapolate from that who would want to find it as much as a P.I. would. Grandma's necklace perhaps, Ma's only remaining heirloom that one of the children wanted to wear out for a day, just to feel connected to them but then lost it and goes off in search. The villain can be a shapeless schizoid presence in the man's mind, something born of the human brain that isn't really human or... whatever. Maybe it's a parcel of important data that some poor rickshaw driver was press-ganged into smuggling somewhere and it revolves around an attempted coup, whoever sent him (either pro or anti gov) will kill him if he doesn't get it back.

You've got a good framework there by the sounds of it but the superficial elements that you think are cliché can still be altered to something else entirely, then when you've got that worked out the new elements can start to impact on the framework for a cohesive final piece.
Hope that helps.

Pls be troll. If not, you will have to be pretty inventive in your writing to surmount all the cliches. Though if you just manage to get plot and pacing right you might be able to pull off a decent genre novel which might even sell. And who knows, maybe space dancing is the thing of 2020s, and you'll become the voice of the times.

PI etc. is always a cliche, but it all depends on how you handle it. Schizophrenia is very interesting, and there are a lot of records and interviews with schizophrenics online. The main issue is how the PI will be approaching the schizo. Will the schizo seem more lucid because the PI is uncovering his facade, or because the PI is himself losing it, or something else?

>because the PI is himself losing it

This is what I wanted to do, making him see the "lucidity in madness" and blurring the line between sanity and insanity. In the end, I wanted him to realize that his own reality is more fluid than he thought it was, and that realization would put him on the path of self-improvement.

I made the protagonist a P.I. because I wanted to make a "normie" investigate the mind of a crazy man and gradually losing control over his own in the process.

>The villain can be a shapeless schizoid presence in the man's mind

Actually that gave me a great idea that would fit the themes I wanted to develop, thank you very much! I'm thinking of a presence in the schizo minds which would be a personification of ones insecurities, extrapolated to become this dog-cat-mouse chase shrouded in paranoia.

Also, I wanted the McGuffin to be something that would incite greed in the P.I., he has to be the one who decides to go after the crazy man. I want it to become kind of an obcession to him.

I will experiment around with those pieces until I get something I like better, thanks again for replying.

Follows three unlikely friends in a time of political upheaval. One, an intelligent, well-educated but despairing and occasionally venomous train-wreck given to bizarre but harmless psychotic episodes that interrupt and damage their life; two, a naieve, romantic dreamer and doodler who graffitis the city with messages of hope in the night-time, commits to acts of kindness; three, a calm, collected isolationist spiritualist following a mystical visions and dreams that have led them to the city.

I'm leaning towards a sort of allegorical, dreamlike alternate universe set in the current day and age rather than a 1:1 setting; I don't know or like any large cities well enough to have them as a convincing backdrop. I'm hoping through their interactions I can capture something of our days as tensions rise in the city in the midst of a right-wing swing, paranoia surrounding government abuses of cyber information, the effects the revolutionary movement has on them and their relationship. I've had these characters bouncing around for a while now, but it remains to flesh out their direction and universe.

Pulpy and bloated sci-fi.

Androids sent to seed humanity on distant planet. 150 year flight there comes to end, time for the machines to wake up and begin prep, but all but one had battery malfunctions at some point and are now bricked. Leaves one robot left to start humanity. Spends three years studying the world before determining that it's safe to support human life. Constructs a village, incubates the human children, begins society, is forced to play God with varying degrees of success. Ten years in, another ship from Earth arrives, departing thirty years after the first, and it's come with more firepower and intentions of wiping out the existing settlement after claiming to have eradicated humans from Earth. Some inconsistencies in their story make this questionable, but still leads to a war between the new children and the invading machines.

Not my best, but it's something to do.

Sci-fi horror story about a kid living a post WW3 world where humanity is kept at the 500 million population mark and humanity has advanced to the point that fully colonizing and terraforming mars is almost complete, a bunch of kid from earth discover a meteor and one of them gets infected by an alien virus that soon enough turns him into a John Carpenter like monstrosity and the entire town is evacuated, the group of kids is left behind due to their exposure and must escape their mutated friend. During their journey they are forced to scavenge the entire town to find a way out before the entire city is glassed or the army find and kills them in an effort to control what is humanities first contact with foreign life.
The story ends with most kids death by their own childish mistakes or killed by soldiers, but a few of them get end up face to face with what used to be their friend and some decide to get willingly infected while other commit suicide.

I know its silly but I doubt its possible to describe a sci-fi synopsis that isn't.

>protagonist is Wojak
>friend is Pepe
>it's a fight-club-esque descent into Alpha-malehood as Pepe teaches Wojak not to give a fuck

It's about a guy who wakes up one day and finds himself turned into a big ol' bug and then goes on wacky adventures.

group of friends get bullied by a vampire who recently transferred to their school.

I'd watch that if it was a Netflix/HBO series

i like it, and i'm surprised i do

Did someone say Geassfag?

I was working on a novel about the last days of an ancient civilization before a massive catastrophe wipes them out. The protagonist is an average soldier, who gets recruited into the royal guard and pays witness to the politics and scheming that ultimately leads the kingdom to its ruin.

Because that felt a little too simple and dry, I also wanted to include a frame story about near future researchers trying to learn the kingdom's history, with one of the archeologists being the reincarnated royal guard.

I ran into trouble with the pacing, what to include from each perspective. It felt clumsy and lame to have one identically themed chapter after another, first about the MC (present) arriving to the excavation site and then about the MC (past) arriving to the royal guard. You steamroll the reader with a list of names introducing the researchers and then another list introducing the past people. It just wasn't going to work.

I also couldn't care less about politics, so trying to write about them felt like a chore and pretentious. So it's all scrapped for now.

Good taste senpai

genetically modified dickhead abandoned in an underground facility escapes and engineers the collapse of society.