How's that novel coming along, Veeky Forums?

How's that novel coming along, Veeky Forums?
Any publishers given you feedback yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B011AZCGAK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's ok. Haven't submitted yet.

What's it about, user
Tell us more

A man goes about his travels while battling between duty and want in a way that mirrors the seven deadly sins and ends with him accepting a hedonistic lifestyle is the best one.

Sounds cool. What's the word count right now? And what window are you hoping for atm

Haven't started yet. Told all my friends about it though, how great it's gonna be.

I know this feel too well

Few thousand. Just got out of the outlining phase.

This. I told all the plebs on facebook I will teach them how real literature is made. I mean, how hard can it be lol. If I start in September, it should be ready for holiday markets.

I sent one of my books to 4 publishers yesterday. Wish me luck!

>friends

Coming out sometime this year, and I'm safe from Veeky Forums because slavshit.

Luck successfully wished
Go break a god damn leg user
Tell us more about it

>I mean, how hard can it be lol.
pretty sure this is ironic
>If I start in September,
you mean you didn't start yet?
>it should be ready for holiday markets
what if no one wants to publish it and you end up with your dick in your hands

>pretty sure this is ironic

That's what your mom said, seeing you for the first time, champ.

>champ.

Anyone use Scrivener? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know what the big deal is.

Terrible design imo. FocusWriter is better.

Do you guys use FinalDraft for your screenplays?

It's not an essential for writing but it is helpful. doesn't know what he's talking about as they both have very different functions. FocusWriter is fine for writing simple drafts of short things, the point is that it just gives you a very blank screen with nothing else going on to, well, help you focus.
Scrivener can do something similar to that if you want, but more importantly it lets you arrange scenes and chapters and move your notes for them around very simply by clicking and dragging. You create a folder that is your story then it has as many subfolders or associated text files as you want it to have, each of which has a corkboard thing that you can arrange notes on, or drag them from one to the other. Plus it has all sorts of nifty other functions that you can use if you want; like you can type out a story in plaintext and it'll output it in the sort of format editors want to see (double spacing, the correct symbols indicating italics or bold or whatever you need).

Genre fiction for a small but thirsty market, that's all you need to know to disregard it entirely.
I shall take the money and write something respectable next.

No publisher would care about my work, on account of it not being good. That being said, one novel and novella done and for sale online, one even has a single positive review. In other words, it's going better than I anticipated.

Look out J.K. Rowling, I'm coming for you.

Coming along well, haven't tried sending it to publishers, as mine is a SFF Novel and I live in New Zealand, so chances of a publisher picking it up here are zero to nil, Sci-fi/Fantasy doesn't sell in NZ. Going to self-publish instead.

Man c'mon his post was obvious bait/shitposting/irony

I can't write a cover letter to save my life, so I'm just self-publishing with Amazon and CreateSpace, who make it really fucking easy to get both an e-book and a real life physical copy. Like, all you gotta do is be semi-decent at formatting.

The advertising is where you get stuck.

It's kind of a vanity thing now anyway, because I know I'll never be picked up by one of the big publishing houses, and if I can make $10 on an e-book why not.

Link? I might read it if the premise sounds decent.

I've got three good reviews and one two star one that just says "didn't finish."

achoo

The premise is part of the reason why it's not so good, its a fucking zombie story. Hard to get more cliche than that.

amazon.com/dp/B011AZCGAK

Yeah, I did werewolves. Not much better.

You're also in NZ?

I am, living it large.

There are guides online, user. It's really not that hard. The hard part is selling yourself. You need to make sure the reader is very impressed

What music do you listen to while writing?