Is it possible that we are the first advance civilization in the galaxy?

Is it possible that we are the first advance civilization in the galaxy?

I mean there is a lot of statistics that say otherwise, but consider that we, humans may really be the most advanced species in the galaxy.

What should we do then? Should we rule all other species with an iron first? Or should we act like beta cucks and be nice and shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJONS7sqi0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Or should we act like beta cucks and be nice and shit?

>drakememe.jpg

No, we should enslave all aliens and then after 300 years unslave them and give them affirmative action into our universities.

That's how we've always done it.

Sound pretty good

I do wonder quite often if are the "biggest kid on the block" you know?

It's scary to think someone as imperfect as a human could potentially be the most intelligent and powerful being in the galaxy.

It's scary and empowering....

The Crown of Creation Syndrome still rules supreme.

Yes, about as possible as flipping a fair two sided heads/tails coin infinitely many times and getting heads every time.

Well, it is possible, byt unlikely.

But if we are, and we make contact with another civ (or more) we would be the leading power with superior tech and weapons. With great power homes great responsibility. That quote should dictate how we behave in such situation

That is my honest assumption and theory as well. I think we are also alone in the universe

I don't rule it out. It took probably 8 billion years or so for the chemical evolution of the universe to proceed to the point where rocky planets with complex surface chemistries were even possible. Assuming it takes a given biosphere 4 Gya to proceed from prebiotic slime to space travel, and it is entirely possibly that it's only within the last hundred million years or so that intelligent civilizations have been possible. Depending on the frequency of life-bearing worlds, and on various other factors in the Drake equation, then yes, it's possible we're the first.

Nope
Tabethians

Someone has to be first, and its awfully quiet out there

We should genocide their men and mate with their women.

>is it possible
yes

What would the advantage be if we are the first advance civilization to exist? Why would we even care about lower civilizations?

>It's scary to think .
>It's scary and...

No it's not fucking scary, it's boring and unimpressive.

And you're clearly not even nearly the most intelligent and powerful amongst your fellow primates

Geez, if you're so scared of that, what else not scary you're scared of? Have you ever seen a person who's scared? They are dumb and volatile as hell.

I'm fucking scared there actually people who are scared of nonsense. Anything horrible can happen around those people. Worse, some of them seem to be in positions of power.

it's still possible

Well, I think being scared of people being scared of nonsense, is nonsense. Your move, bitch.

Gas the ayylmaos, species war now

You people are so god damn fucking stupid.
The galaxy is impossibly large.
Its typical Human ignorance to even postulate that we may be the only civilization, or the first one.

If we hadn't suffered so many mass extinction events we could have had a civilization much earlier (or other planets could have had civilizations even earlier)

And anything is possible, so starting a question with "is it possible" is retarded.

>anything is possible
Could I turn into a fish in the next 30 seconds?

I read some recent research which calculated that the 'optimal' time for intelligent life to occur in the universe isn't for another 4 billion years. So yeah, we might be the first. And it seems like we are.

But there are a fuckton of explanations for Fermis paradox so who the fuck knows m8

I'm not so sure about that. This guy has some good points I think;

youtube.com/watch?v=cJONS7sqi0o

So, considering Earth is among the 1st 8%, I think there's actually a fair chance that we are currently the most advanced species in the immediate vicinity.

Bait

Why not into a black male? We heard they're sexual as f*ck.

Well my question was IS IT POSSIBLE? and yeah, i get it, its not likely but imagine if its the case.

Honestly I hope we are number #1, just cause it means were not gonna get bullied by some three-eye-green-ass-fuck.

hopefully....

>but imagine if its the case
Then I'm afraid the aliens are pretty fucked.

If that is the case then we're unlikely to ever meet any intelligent aliens, which is a bit depressing. If a species gets to the point where they can move fast enough to have intragalactic travel be a reasonable proposition, you would hope that they wouldn't really care about bullying us.

In practical terms, better safe than sorry. Can you explain who's the safe, and who's the sorry one?

K'eelgash lives matter

I think it's save to say that some intelligent species in the universe alreay went extinct like we humans will some day.

>Is it possible
literally anything has the most insignificant chance of possibility.

this in particular is likely. but we might just be say a few centuries apart give or take from other civilizations, and since we only pick up old light, or their radio frequencies haven't gotten to us, or they don't even use radio frequencies, we would have no way of knowing for now

It's just not true, the Tabethians were clearly here before us. Look up Tabby's Star you faggot.

>Humans are the first advance civilization in the universe.
I pray we don't give a fuck about the Aliens in any form, mastered the universe to do anything, or they are: fucked.