What is the Bioshock of literature?

What is the Bioshock of literature?

Infinite was much better in a literary sense.

What is the Bioshock Infinite of literature?

Bioshock was a child babby game for retards, wrapped in a decent-for-video-games story that nevertheless couldn't escape being a railroad because it was riveted to a shitty corridor shooter.

System Shock 1 and 2 were good games. You should stop playing fag games and play good ones.

Atlas Shrugged

Bioshock was a satire of Atlas Shrugged

This obviously, what kind of mug are you op

but this is wrong
story was pseudointellectual pap, gameplay was sweet

that's why bio 2 > bio 1 > bio inf (and ofc ss2 > all )

Don't be rude in my thread you fuck.

>satire

do you really think when the rich have household access to genetic/neural modification it will go as cartoonishly disastrous in Bioshock?

Bioshock is the kind of satire that speaks short of source material and reality because to fully indulge in it would be fairly depressing for the average consumer

>ss2
>good
Hi mr. Levine.

You ought to be put down

The Underwater Welder

I hate this game because now dumb normies can't listen to classic music from the '40s without mentioning that it "sounds like Bioshock."

What is this game actually about? I bought it at some point and played it for 10 minutes, didn't like it. Why is everyone so crazy about it?

Flicking cool spells in one hand and guns in the other was new at the time
That sort of atmosphere was largely unexploited in popular media
That's about it, the gameplay wasn't good but it had a coherent identity and great novelty value

thought the parallel universes ruined the feel of bioshock, really. That original reality-sinking feeling of crashing on an airplane and finding this lighthouse in the middle of nowhere.

I should replay it.

It's a good game, possibly great depending on who you ask, and certainly the best of the series. Would recommend it, as the gameplay opens up and there's a lot of interesting mechanics/systems you can play off of each other for fun effect.
Story's good, but more pseudo-intellectual than actual-intellectual.

It's a generic linear FPS with two gimmicks and decent art design

About a city under the sea named Rapture which is basically a dystopian embodiment of Rand's objectivist heaven. In technical terms, it is a first person shooter from a perspective of an outsider who is sent to Rapture to 'fix' shit, only to find that it's completely fuggd. Personally, I fucking love Bioshock. The dedication to the whole diegesis (game's universe has its own philosophical reasonings and sociocultural levels) of the franchise and unique storytelling is stunning and the last game (Infinite) just blows your mind while putting everything to its own place.

>alternate universe time travel in magical sky kingdom BLOWS your MIND

you 5 years old brah?

Why are we talking about the Bioshock of the literature wheb we should be talking about the DARK SOULS of literature

Awful game with an awful story, what exactly do you mean

Concerning video games, yeah, your way of putting it pretty much blew my mind. It's not a magical sky kingdom by the way.

The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K Dick, -ish

I didn't like it either, theres something about parallel universes and timelines that makes me want to shoot a lamb.
In any case I think OP wants a story where the protaganist believes he"s doing something good but then realizes hes succumbed to the suggestion of a darker force.
Try the story of creation, Genesis 1:1

Lovecraft's "The Mound" comes pretty close, except for the one-man armies killing people and making deep choices part. It does however have an isolationist civilization living in a single area, psychic powers, and stuff about how these guys seemed to be a utopia at one point, but came to develop a dependency (like the psychic substance one that BS has) and in the end degenerated into mindlessness and violence.
Wouldn't surprise me if they actually used this story for inspiration.

Atlas Shrugged my dude

Not OP, but thanks, man

Your average vidja consumer doesn't have the attention span or familiarity with Ayn Rand to appreciate what you're speaking of. They latch onto the creepy art-deco aesthetics and deranged characters without any consideration for the source material.

The first one has a better atmosphere and story (the ending sucks, but it's still good). Infinite has several plot failures if you look closely.

The Evening Redness in the West

Probably this.

Infinite wasn't better in any sense because it didn't make no sense