"I'm really smart, I'm just not good at math."

>"I'm really smart, I'm just not good at math."
>"I don't test well."
>"The reason I get shitty grades is they just test memorization instead of teaching us how to think!"
>"I didn't do well this semester because my alcoholic husband beat me up and I missed a month of class because I was in the hospital."
>"I'm smart but lazy."
>"I would get better grades if I got more time on the exam. I'm just as smart, it just takes more time for me!"

>[fact]
>"I dunno, that sounds pretty far fetched to me."

>"you really believe that user? Its just a theory"

Then in the same conversation

>[fact]
>"I don't know about that, but MY theory is..." followed by verbal diarrhea and pseudoscience

>"I'm smart but lazy."

Brainlets need to realize that hard work is generally valued more than knowledge.

>"I didn't do well this semester because my alcoholic husband beat me up and I missed a month of class because I was in the hospital."
Wait, what? That's a pretty valid excuse.

Go cry a river.

Go suck a dick.

Here's a tip: Don't marry an alcoholic.

pretty much, i had a friend who pulled that and failed out of school and is thousands in debt but hey "i'm lazy XDDD"

How so? She had plenty of time at the hospital.

brainlets need to realize demand is subjective and since value depends on that itself is subjective.

Is there something worse than being lazy?

People who say "I'm smart but lazy" probably don't have triple digit IQ if they're implying they have shitty grades

I was the laziest procrastinate-iest piece of shit in highschool and ended with a 3.5 and I'm not outstandingly smart at all

falling for the productive life meme. you're just allowing others to use you.

This is a good thread

>he fell for the lazy life meme

no it isn't

>he doesn't realize this is an objectively purposeless universe where everything is in an unalterable entropic state and chains himself to made up delusions of purposes for feel better about himself
kek

>he just doesn't do what feels the best which is reaping gains after hard work

I was following until

That is a good excuse. Clearly you havent been abused, or arent self-aware enough to know how it has affected you.

not the person you're replying to, but
>he doesn't realize the notion that determinism or the amoral nature of the universe necessitate nihilism is a fallacy, and this causes him to refuse to live his life

>objectively purposeless

Prove it faggot.

>he needs to torture himself before he can feel good
i feel bad for you, m8. learn to control your state of mind.

>I'm smart but lazy

I get days like that desu

>highschool
Passing highschool is an easy accomplishment. I was the lasiest fuck, last 3 years in highschool I never made any homework. I never studied for my math exams but still aced the finals (best of school). I failed uni, I did pass the analysis classes (I had to study approx 3 days per class, without attending lectures), but the other classes where too hard for me. Reason being you had to study hard and long for them and since I never learned how to study, I failed :(

I'm good at math, but I'm retarded when it comes to other classes.

>"I'm smart but lazy."
this is true tho

>hard work
>torture
>not the most fun and most rewarding puzzle game

ah it doesn't necessitate nihilism as much as nihilism is the most liberating way to go about it. there is no objective purpose so you'd be an idiot to yoke yourself to some made up purpose when you can just feel good. you don't need some extrinsic achievement for that.

considering the notion of purpose is as far as we know man made since it's not found in nature, it's up to you purposefags to prove objective purpose exists.

Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

>he wants to do something else while working
Enjoy never reaching peak performance in your entire life.

who cares? we're all equal in the end. you die, i die. all your hard work and struggles for nothing. at best some fleeting emotion you can feel while daydreaming.

>le epic hard work meme
>le epic peak performance meme
>le epic productivity meme

Engineer detected.

>nihilism is the most liberating way to go about it.
I felt like that when I was about 16. Puberty and the existential crisis disappeared hand in hand, and that was the true liberation. The realization that even though we don't need to care about things, we can, and it feels even better than not caring.

What's wrong with engineers?

We all need to work. Otherwise how will you eat?

>you can just feel good
How can you 'decide' to feel good, when everything is in an unalterable entropic state?

Why not kill yourself then?
Let me guess, your greatest achievement in life is getting trough highschool just fine while being lazy. Congratulations memelord.

>liberation is yoking yourself to some purpose
i guess it's true, people do get dumber as they age.

>this is what capitalists actually believe

>How can you 'decide' to feel good, when everything is in an unalterable entropic state?
don't let it phase you.

>Why not kill yourself then?
because that's non-sequitur.

I've tried both, and the one with purpose I like better. You've never seen both sides, yet you somehow think that makes you superior. That's all I'm saying

>don't let it phase you.
But I objectively have no choice in the matter. Or do I?

>you go ahead and work, my food stamps ain't gonna pay themselves

I mean, even in a communist society you have to work. Those farms aren't gonna harvest themselves.

well bdsm is a fetish. and i had purpose once but realized it's kinda dumb in a transient existence where daydreaming exists.

the choice is will you let it bother you or will you rise above it?

Consider the following:

If you are not used to hard work you get overwhelmed and want to escape the task quickly, like with everything new and challenging. Guess what you need to do to reduce the pain of working.

>the choice is will you let it bother you or will you rise above it?
You're missing the point. But I could have expected, given your posts.

>well bdsm is a fetish. and i had purpose once but realized it's kinda dumb in a transient existence where daydreaming exists.
Let me guess. You sit at home and get high all day.

that's autistic as fuck, m8. yeah obviously it will phase you, but jeez phase as in damping your spirits. ffs.

>implying there is something better to do with one's time

>that's autistic as fuck

Thanks for making my point for me. You have a nice day now.

considering you were the one being autstically literal and i was giving you the benefit of the doubt, it's ironic you'd post that but whatever.

that your life in the end is no different than that of some drug addict? glad we can agree.

>roleplaying some faggot anime character that doesn't give a fuck about anything this hard

When I couldn't figure out calculus I self harmed :(

At least it meant I cared right?

>not getting calculus

Not even a polynomial's derivative?

The animals work hard user. The trees work hard. They do what they're supposed to. Man is the only animal that decides what he is doing is ultimately right or wrong.

At what point did our ancestors stop being animals and start being man?

purpose requires reason and for that there needs to be some thinking involved. animals, plants, bacteria, archea, whatever, all operate mechanistically. they just do as they evolved to do, behaviors that improved their survival were selected for. like there is no purpose for why chemicals behave the way they do, they just do and we can explain it.they don't think "shit gotta have so many valence e-s etc". man evolved thinking which allowed him to reason and decide and for a while we deluded ourselves with skywizardry giving ourselves some purpose where there is no proof of it. if some skywizard orchestrated all this considering all reasonable indications for us to do anything weren't provided he only has himself to blame if he gets butthurt over my choice to take the path of least resistance in life.

>brainlet thread devolves into euphoria

God doesn't get butthurt, but that's beside the point.

We make our own purpose in life. The issue comes from people saying that alms must be given by those who do choose to work to those who choose not to.

>God doesn't get butthurt
uhuh. pic related, lmao.

>The issue comes from people saying that alms must be given by those who do choose to work to those who choose not to.
well that's tangential. besides there are plenty of slacker positions. but doesn't god request you to be charitable to everyone? don't want to disappoint his imaginariness.

Jej. I'm getting trolled.

I tip my hat to thee, faggot.

Good luck in life. God bless.

why is this type of thread considered acceptable?

rules page says:

>"All science and math related topics welcome.

>science and math

This thread is just about people getting mad and crying...

>blaming bad grades on school education

Dumbasses.

I could solve the easier questions put to me but only because I remembered how - but I didn't understand it on an intuitive level.

Don't forget:

>"Going to college is a waste of time. All you learn is a bunch of useless stuff that has nothing to do with your job."
>"I'm self taught and I learned way more than than those fools who wasted all that money on 4 years of college."

The first one is true though.

spends more time sucking dick than doing anything useful

t. chemical engineer

I did the bare minimum of work in high school and I still worked my ass off once I got to college.

>you'd be an idiot to yoke yourself to some made up purpose
So why not just kill yourself? And that is a genuine question.

Why isnt the observable universe a sphere

How about robots/automatics?

*Ball
Those cylinders are just to show coordinate lines