Female Fantasy Protagonists

Are there any fantasy novels with female protagonists where they're not some kind of edgy assassin, constantly in danger of getting raped or a victim of arbitrary injustice?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Fusion-Heart-STAR-EPIC-Book-ebook/dp/B01G0TOU14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All I can think of is the Dark Materials series and Sabriel by Garth Nix. They're more aimed more YA though

The Scar, Un Lun Dun and Embassytown by China Mieville

Witches books by Terry Pratchett

Howl's Moving Castle and House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones

Mary the Virgin from The Bible

You should read my Sci fi series. Plenty of strong female protagonists who aren't assassins, in danger of being raped, or victims of arbitrary injustice. The first book introduces the universe I built but the second kicks shit in to high gear. Book 2 out late this month/early September. New book every 3-4 months after.
You asked for it, I'm delivering.

amazon.com/Fusion-Heart-STAR-EPIC-Book-ebook/dp/B01G0TOU14

How about starship captains?

>tfw the protagonist of your historical fantasy series ticks off the OPs boxes, but you can't find an agent to represent you

Reported. Go to your containment thread. NOW.

Geneviève from the Anno Dracula series.

>he unknowingly attracts the eye and heart of Akiko Chiyo, a world famous sentient artificial intelligence
Wat. How do you even attract the heart of an AI?

What is the story about?

>amazon.com/Fusion-Heart-STAR-EPIC-Book-ebook/dp/B01G0TOU14

I read the first couple pages and noticed multiple grammar/punctuation mistakes in the first paragraph alone. I also found the prose to be very lacking.

The introduction also had every meme in the book.

Dropped for now, but I wish you luck, user. I may read more at some point in the future to give you an honest review.

She's sentient and he does something to stand out.

I ain't gonna lie user, the description of the book is compelling. But a 16 years old Japanese girl AI? World famous for music? Miku Hatsune? And she notices the protag?
Really? It's literally THEE book for neckbeards.

>What is the story about?

A demigoddess raised by Vikings is charged by Baldr with the task of destroying the Roman Emperor, and the goddess who gives him his strength. First book is her coming of age, subsequent books have her going out into the world (and other worlds) to accomplish her task.

She factors largely in the first book but her involvement afterwards isn't as influential. Miku? Sure. I wrote the book in 2009 when she was a little more fringe. My contribution was having to "flesh" out her personality and backstory to make her an interesting cyberpunk-esque character. It took some real effort to make her more than a gimmick.

Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie

It's weeb stuff but the Moribito and Twelve Kingdoms novels have good female protagonists

Orphans of Chaos by John C Wright

Mists of Avalon

only one i know of is from the shit show that is "the icemark chronicles."

Sounds pretty hype user. I'd read it before that other dude's 16yo animu AI love story.

Top Kek
I'm bumping this thread just for you.

It's a good story and it's the first book in an 11 book series for middle grade and teen readers. I essentially wrote them for my now 13 year old neice. Post a disposable email address and I'll send you a free copy of the first book. IF... You like it, I can always use positive reviews on Amazon. Deal?
As a bonus, the first chapter of the second book is at the end

But Mists of Avalon was boring. At least, I got to the halfway point and it seemed that way. Should I have kept going?

OP, there are quite a few but the only ones I can think of are YA if you're down with that.

Not the user from before, but I'm also interested in your story. If you'd be willing to send, I'd love to read it.

[email protected]

Sent. Enjoy. IF... You like it, leave a review. The ending has a big twist.