Explain either entropy or energy in 10 seconds GO

Explain either entropy or energy in 10 seconds GO.

A measure of how many ways of noticeably rearranging shit that's effectively the same
The ability to do work

energy = the Noether charge of time translation symmetry

energy and entropy are vibrations of a personal conciousness which are the result of living matter

CALORI--
you gave me 10 seconds

entropy is an arbitrary number we concoct to track relationship between temperature and internal energy

Entropy is more fundamental a measure than energy is.

Where is your arbitrary number now?!

>this is what popsci faggots actually believe

Entropy is a macroscopic quantity that only makes sense for certain kinds of systems.

strings

Entropy is the net disorder in a system, within the universe. It is defined in microstates of order and it is constantly increasing in the realm of the universe.

We do not know.
4 seconds

about energy:
there is no gain, nor loss.
there only is transformation.

Not a pop sci faggot, QIT.

Shitty models developed in a futile attempt to conceptualize things far too complex to ever be understood

This definition extends to everything

Nope.

Measure of number of microstates in an isolated system.

Entropy = Degree of "freedom" of a defined system.

So it's a discrete quantity?
The same degrees of freedom that Cramer-san talks about for the potential energy surface?

Can't remember too well. It's been a while since I visited the lecture in statistical thermodynamics. My guess is that it isn't, though.

Entropy: a difference in states, measured using energy differences
Energy: a system's potential to do work

Screw you, I used 36

entropy is an irreversible chain reaction

Entropy = The dispersal of energy from state [math]V_\emptyset[/math] to state [math]V_n[/math]

Even if information is somehow more fundamental that energy (which I tend to think it is), the role of entropy in that isn't yet clear.