Discuss

discuss

lol bump

I haven't read this but Book of Numbers is a modern classic

Critical reception Edit

The book received highly positive reviews from critics. The New York Observer stated Witz . . . "[is] the sort of postmodern epic that arrives like a comet about once every decade, like Infinite Jest or Gravity's Rainbow. Like any epic, it defies summary and overflows with puns, allusions, digressions, authorial sleights of hand and structural gags-in the tradition of Thomas Pynchon, James Joyce, Jonathan Swift and Laurence Sterne."[1] Its extravagant imagined world also suggests William Burroughs and Hunter Thompson, as well as the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch. Its voice, however, is consistently in the rhythms and vocabulary of New York Yiddish.

Sounds great. Must read this...

I tried to read it shortly after it came out. Seems like a Nanowrimo stream of consciousness by a very smart jew guy. It was mad word vomit. I couldn't get into it.

Is this Alternate History?

Sounds like an inverted Look Who's Back

sounds like meme magic to me

why isn't this apart of the meme trio

modern/postmodern/postpostmodern

This description makes it sound like something a /pol/tard shat out

sounds pretty funny to me. plus it's 800 pages.

Why did no one tell this guy pomo is over?

Because it isn't.

I ordered my copy. it's a fucking dalkey archives book. so you know it's good

>Wikipedia

This, kick out ij! Dfw shouldn't be a part of our official ideology, he should be a repressed spectre that haunts it.

Can you use words instead of finger painting in your baby food?

No, joseph shitstain atwill, i have serious work to do, beyond your adhominimingtantrums, littleboyspecies, yes.

At least that makes more sense than your first post.