Why not hot and cold electricity?

Why when we go to fill our water we have to choose hot, cold, or a mix, but when we go to fill our phone with electricity we don't choose any?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XCGO_jikBtM
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-61271/Phil-Collins-seeks-legal-advice-Brass-Eye-stunt.html
theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2015/oct/23/david-amess-from-chris-morris-and-cake-to-scrutinising-drugs-policy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since cold is simply the absence of hot, electric potential differences are hot and the lack of an electric potential difference is cold.

Because hot electricity would melt your phone you dumbass

Do you know how much effort goes into making sure the electricity in the plugs is cold enough for safe use in the home?

For fuck's sake Veeky Forums, I thought you were smarter than this.

Why are electric potential differences hot?

This. OP your question is akin to asking why when we fill our glass with ice we can't choose hot or cold or mixed, it only come out of the freezer as cold.

Hot electricity would react with the coldness of your phone and cancel out like how a lava sun cancels out with an ice sun

We use cold electricity because instead of your phone disintegrating in your hand when you charge it, it stays solid cuz cool is the solid property of matter

This.

The only thing that pisses me off more than this is when people ask why we can't use heavy electricity. That shit is dangerous.

Fucking educate yourselves
youtu.be/XCGO_jikBtM

Hot and cold are relative. At the North Pole, 5 Celsius would be pretty warm, but in LA, it's pretty damn cold.

PDs are much the same way. It's quantized, but depends on an individual's perception. We can't sense electric potentials the way we do heat (or the lack of it), because we'd fry at even a (relatively) really small potential difference.

Is this a meme? Sorry, new to Veeky Forums

95% of the dumb questions/responses around here are trolls. The other 5% are somehow genuine

We're a good board tho, I like to think

>sodomized electrons

What's the point of trolling Veeky Forums though, we just reply like it's an actual question. Am I just missing out on a lot of memes?

People here are supposed to play along by replying with stupid answers

Then that kinda defeats the purpose of Veeky Forums - science and math
Or was this how this board was from its inception?

where is this from?

Well, you can still make an useful analogy - like voltage.

Apart from giving stupid answers to stupid questions, you can also view it as "what if a kid asked me this". Clearly you don't want to troll a kid.

>Or was this how this board was from its inception?

See 'sun of ice vs sun of lava'.

>see "sun..."
Okay, that actually explained a lot about this board, thanks

My uncle is an electrician and told me the reason we use AC instead of DC is because all the electrons would weigh down the power lines on the far end.

Water flowing is mass flow rate. We dont consider electricity mass flow rate, but charge flow rate. Charge can't carry thermal energy, but mass can.

I know this is a troll thread but allow me to sperg:

If we consider heat of the water to be the amount each molecule is jiggling, then the equivalent with electricity would be the voltage. You're asking why dont we have some low voltage sockets and other high voltage sockets.

My answer would be because this is retarded. A low voltage socket would be nothing but a restriction of what could be plugged into it.

Electrical devices 'cool' the electricity appropriately for its own need. There wouldn't be a way for it to 'heat' it if it was too 'cool'.

Brass Eye.

Because conducting current through a resistive material makes heat. Think of it like the electrons making friction heat as they travel from atom to atom, except not at all like that.

Man, so much effort went into making this and its not funny or scientific. "Sodomized electrons" made me crack a smile but everything else just seemed like a 13 year old trying so hard to do comedy.

The humor largely lies in the fact that the Brass Eye guys got respected members of various communities and celebrities to believe and read aloud such absurd shit on camera. Those people really believe what they are reading is true.

The +/p- side of the battery does not mean the electricity is hot or cold OP.

Jenny Powell so fucking hot. She can slurp my heavy electricity anytime.

Theres no fucking way they believed it. They read it because they were told to, i dont even have a college degree and that was clearly all made up crap even to a brainlet of my caliber.

Burger detected

>being this jealous of americans
Sorry i have standards for humor. I like monty python for what its worth but that video was objectively not very funny. And considering how hard they tried it pushes it into cringe territory.

They believed it. They tricked all sorts of people who were pissed after the fact.

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-61271/Phil-Collins-seeks-legal-advice-Brass-Eye-stunt.html

theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2015/oct/23/david-amess-from-chris-morris-and-cake-to-scrutinising-drugs-policy

This was 20 years ago, they couldn't just Google shit back then.

Get a load of this guy

I think so too. Veeky Forums is an interesting board. It's a lot of shit-posting, but there really are a lot of knowledgeable anons when you need to talk shop.

I dont need to google anything to know that "sodomized electrons" are clearly a made up particle. The rediculous acronym was clearly a parody aswell. I didnt do any googling to figure that out. They probably pretended to be pissed for publicity.

Not to mention that any human could survive at 8 inches tall. No sane persone would believe this, even 20 years ago.

I'm not going to argue with you further on this. Brass Eye is god tier and your sense of humor a shit. Enjoy your Sunday