Minimal judgment edition

Hello. I'm interested in what everyone's non-literary tastes are like. Include however much you like.

Writers: Wittgenstein, Wilde.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amGl9Qmgu7E
youtube.com/watch?v=d6Ai9TfcGfI
youtube.com/watch?v=hlR9rDJMEiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_lFekGwREs4
youtube.com/watch?v=LFExkkNdVCc
youtube.com/watch?v=OJVoApMH-y4
soundcloud.com/bsdu/bsd-u-x-dj-yung-vamp
youtube.com/watch?v=jj-0vMrZJbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot template. Terribly sorry.

You should watch other giallos. Deep red and dont torture a duckling are some good ones.

Never seen Don't Toture a Duckling. A brother on a different board recommend another Fulci movie to me tonight: Beyond. I still have some Bava films to watch too. I watched a lot of italo/giallo horror last summer it was wonderful being introduced to a new genre/aesthetic of film.

Fulcis probably the one that stuck with me the most. I do appreciate Argento though. Its just I always felt suspiria more to be pure aesthetic rather then plot driven.

Deep Red is my favorite giallo.

The Beyond*

>pure aesthetic
I know, but the vivid, fantastical colors and shapes and the weird proggy soundtrack just give it such a charm for me - despite the plot's failings.

Most of Argentos other work will give both to you

commit sudoku ASAP

y-you too

Hey, hey. I said minimal judgment.

user, what album is that?

user, which composer is that?

Make me, nigger.

Maurice Ravel. He's like Debussy who practically everyone knows, but less focused on miniature pieces and more on large-scale symphonic works. This is one of my favorite pieces of his (I prefer the full ballet, but this section in particular is one of the highlights): youtube.com/watch?v=amGl9Qmgu7E

>user, what album is that?

It's "Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Pretty good stuff but I don't think it's for everyone.

No taste whatsoever.
Impressionism is terrible.
It's the most accessible of post-rock and post-rock is the most accessible of pretentious garbage.

Why exactly do you think impressionism is terrible? I mean, you're obviously shitposting, but I'm interested in whether your shitpost persona tends towards classical era music or weird 20th century stuff.

Can I see your tastes, please? We all require your enlightening.

>your shitposting
Not at all, learn to post without resorting to this disgusting reductionism.

Impressionism lacks any content and is pure saccharine reductionism of music into a glorified film score. It goes nowhere and exists just to be as enjoyable as a quick orgasm.

This is good music:
youtube.com/watch?v=d6Ai9TfcGfI

This is not:
youtube.com/watch?v=hlR9rDJMEiQ
It's not relevant whatsoever, rhetorician.

What do you think about the Rite of Spring? It's musically deep, but uses just about every impressionist technique you can think of. Is Stravinsky not "good music" because he mixes chromaticism and atonality with conventional classical music?

Also, if you're not intentionally trying to rile people up, there's no need to be so aggressive. I'm pretty receptive if you don't immediately call my favorite genre shit with no reasoning, in a post that is 100% shitting on other people for liking things.

>No taste
>whatsoever.
>terrible
>accessible
>pretentious
>garbage

>learn to
>without resorting to
>this disgusting reductionism
>lacks any content
>saccharine
>glorified film score
>exists just to be
>as enjoyable as a quick orgasm
>whatsoever
>rhetorician

Ugh.

le sacre du printemps is Neoclassical through and through and thereby has more in common with high Romanticism than the off-branch abomination that is Impressionism. Are you completely ignoring the existence of Schoenberg and Wagner because you would rather appoint their achievements to the non-entities that existed between them?

Did you not listen to my first link, do you not know who Janacek is and thereby decide to ignore it because it is not spoonfed? You know nothing of music, you just use buzzwords and other Wikipediaknowledge to appear intelligent
ugh
its 2016
stop using words i dont like
they're FUCKING problematic

God damn, man....

I actually don't know Janacek, unfortunately. I'm learning more about him now that you've brought him up. I've only really looked at the French and the Russians in early 20th century music, because it's so accessible. There's a fucking ton of music out there and I think you calling names because your favorite composer is obscure is a little immature.
Also, what the fuck do you even think impressionism is if it isn't the first movement of the Rite of Spring? In terms of effect it's literally just building tone and setting for the intense rite of nature the entire piece is about. I haven't looked at it, but even if it's using classical melodic techniques, across the whole orchestra it completely breaks classical harmony.

Also haha what the fuck Janacek is described as impressionist anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=_lFekGwREs4

well your autismal discussion of classical music is by far the least cringeworthy part of the threads

these kinds of lists are a plague on this site and all the ones posted here are shittaste to boot

Rate and hate

>muh content

you're full of shit and i don't even like impressionism

Janacek isn't remotely obscure, Intimate Letters is probably the most well-known string quartet of the 20th century.

le sacre du printemps is also late romanticism, impressionism is a type of late romanticism that decided to scrap whatever artistic merit it had and instead just make pretty music. Everything done by the Impressionists was done at least a decade earlier, but didn't resort to making saccharine prototypal film scores.
Janacek is a modernist/late romantic like young Schoenberg and old Wagner (despite chronologically being middle-romanticism), to use the same examples as before.
Impressionism is like getting a blowjob from a hooker and calling that lovemaking, it has no content.

>muh content

we've already discussed this in depth

origin is a great album, and i dont think anyone can say that bach isn't enjoyable

Adagio for Strings is 20th century. Janacek is definitely better, but there are so many other pieces more well known: Ravel's Quartet, the Bartok ones, and maybe one or two others.

I'm glad you introduced me to him, though. His music is definitely better than your attitude would attest.

I was gonna say I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson but you already proved me right c u c c

the music discussion in this thread is giving me cancer. rt you're all hopeless morons.

t. classical fag

i dont get your meaning, and what do you have against wes anderson

ITT: poor taste

I've heard of Intimate Letters more than any of those, when I say popularity I mean popularity in academia.

i just discovered this piece half an hour ago
youtube.com/watch?v=LFExkkNdVCc
really liked it, you might like it

Szymanowski is crazy underappreciated. wrote great string quartets, too.

>post-rock is the most accessible of pretentious garbage.
wew

dude three letters
this means im right

im '18' btw

you didn't have to tell me. I already knew that you're an underage memester

this is either severe mental retardation or elaborate shitposting.

nothing at all against Janacek, but you can't seriously be suggesting that the literature on Intimate Letters is comparable with that on, say, the Bartok Quartets. I've sat in classes on 20th ct. music with leading musicologists who've (unfortunately) not so much as mentioned Janacek.

I'm 28 and acting in your place, because your like 15 but claiming to be 18 or 19 or whatever like half of this thread.
>this is either severe mental retardation or elaborate shitposting.
Go back to /b/, please.

your template a fucking shite tbqh
>age
>music
Spinetta, Charly Garcia, Aphex Twin, Can, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Animal Collective, The Flaming Lips, Vivaldi, Debussy, Erik Satie, the list goes on and on...
>Film
From the top of my head: Most Lynch films, Good Fellas, The Shining, The Godfather... need to watch more stuff
>Games
GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Mount and Blade. AoE 1 and 2, Starcraft (2 was good but i like the original better tbqh) KOTOR 2, and i dont remember anything else, havent played any videogames in years.
Vidya is garbage and shouldnt be allowed tbqh tho. Worst than weed.
>TV
Arreted Development, The Office, LOST, Bomeme Redditman, Tim & Eric, The Simpsons (classic seasons), Futurama.
>Writter
Cervantes
sudoku
>crescendo-core
sudoku
Which album is that?
Would hang out.
>impressionism is terrible
Sudoku, agree on post rock tho, but there is some nice stuff.
sudoku again pls
absolute sudoku
Name of the album? Genre?
What is bsd.u?
sudoku
no idea who are those literal whos

pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=OJVoApMH-y4

>Sudoku, agree on post rock tho, but there is some nice stuff.
>18
Fuck off back to /b/ you child.

Bruh yes bsd.u is great.
Heard this?
soundcloud.com/bsdu/bsd-u-x-dj-yung-vamp

/b/ sucks
and there is some nice post rock stuff, you like it or not, but most of it is shit.

nice

No there isn't you child.

youtube.com/watch?v=jj-0vMrZJbo

That's garbage. No one over 18 likes AnCo, why are you willingly admitting to be an '18' year old /mu/tant retard?

Phil Collins' daughter is a hotty

i left /mu/ two years ago
>no one over 18 likes AnCo
*citation needed*
based

Can we be friends?

sure dude.

>no bach
>meme shows
>Crescendocore. >Pointless movie taste. Shit.
Ironic shitposter.
I dont know.
You are just trying to hard. Please develop your own taste. Cringe.
No.
No.
It is.
Boring.
Dumb pleb.
Good.
Good to Hosono. Detest the rest
Dislike everything of your music, film & vg taste. Arrested Development is okay, dont know the others.

pleb

contrarian dickhead